PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Points Orcs and Goblins Help!

Dakkapantz
27-01-2009, 00:47
Hello All!

I am trying to come up with a nice 1000 point army list for fantasy orcs and gobbos. This is my first attempt:

Black orc big boss: Martogs best basha, Heavy armour, shield. (106)
Orc shaman: Level 2, Boar, 2 dispel scrolls. (166)

24 Orc boyz: Additional choppas, full command. (193)
21 Orc boyz: Additional choppas, full command. (172)
25 Goblins: Shields, Full Command. (120)
5 Goblin wolf riders: Spears, short bows, musician. (76)

Orc boar chariot: Extra Crew. (85)
2 goblin spear chukkas: 2 orc bullies. (80)

C&C welcome and appreciated :D.

Cheerz
Dakkapantz

sephiroth87
27-01-2009, 03:05
The only issue I have is with the goblins. The gobbos are too easy to kill to give them a standard. Make them night goblins with just a fanatic or two and a musician.

Otherwise, the list looks really effective.

Gramolarian
27-01-2009, 06:48
if you want working 1000 O&G list make em full night goblins

3x30 night goblins full command nets 3 fanatics each
each unit with n goblin shaman

2x5 spider riders / wolf riders

2x7 squig hoppers

2 spear chukkas or if you wanna go fun unit of squigherd 9 + 6 I mean

if you have enough spare points take giant if you dont take doom diver

Dakkapantz
27-01-2009, 11:27
Thanks for the comments guys,

I will exchange the goblins for night goblins with a fanatic or 2 or nets. I am opposed to running an all goblin/night goblin army. Now dont get me wrong, I love goblins, and im not opposed to including some in my list, but im worried about:
a) the ability of the goblins in cc :D
b) Fear causing armies/ units (Ogres, giants, vampire counts, tomb kings, etc) I dont want my army fleeing off the table by turn 4. :eek:

Cheerz
Dakkapantz

sephiroth87
27-01-2009, 15:36
Nets are a waste unless you're taking a unit of 35-40 night goblins. You either want a front line fighting unit, 35-40 gobbos with nets, standard, musician, and fanatics, or just a unit of 20 with musician and fanatic or two. The front line unit holds a charge, while the small unit flanks. The leadership really isn't that much of an issue as long as your goblin unit is hugging your general's unit, as his leadership 8 bubble will take care of the low leadership. I wouldn't run that many gobbo units because you need something that is stable. Even in 2000-2250 points I only run one unit of night gobbos to hold a flank.