PDA

View Full Version : 2nd attempt WoC 2250

soulstealer666
27-01-2009, 15:59
ok so after being given some very helpful advice from Gramolarian (thank you btw)

ive come up with this

----EDITED LIST-----

exalted hero 225 (joins knights)
mark of tzeentch
sheild
glavie of putrifcation
collar of khorne
demonic mount

exalted hero 285 (joins warriors)
mark of nurgle
BSB
sheild
banner of the gods

sorcerer 170 (joins warriors)
mark of tzeentch
power familiar
book of scerets

18 warriors of chaos 368
mark of nurgle
full command
sheilds
rapturous standard

25 marauders 160
mark of slaanesh
full command
fails

25 marauders 160
mark of slaanesh
full command
fails

5 warhounds 30

5 warhounds 30

5 marauder horsemen 91
mark of slaanesh
musician
flails

5 marauder horsemen 91
mark of slaanesh
musician
flails

5 chaos knights 295
mark of tzeentch
musician
standard bearer
banner of wrath

hell cannon 205

2 chaos spawn 130
mark of tzeentch

still have 10 point to play with now... any ideas

what do you think now warseer!

cheers

soulstealer

Loki73
28-01-2009, 03:51
Is the mage lvl2? I would go abit more on the magic side but that's just me. I'm new to these guys. I run smaller regiments of warriors but I like the rap standrd in there, good idea. 20 unit marauders is my fav, same load out you have. Maybe a disk for your scorcerer. I would hate to see him get in cc with a challenge and then die. But thats just me. I like your list though. Esp the hell cannon cool model.

soulstealer666
28-01-2009, 04:43
thanks for the reply i also really like the hell cannon model...

as to the sorcerer as hes in the unit with the BSB and a champion i dont think i will be putting him into a challenge very quickly ;)

Gramolarian
28-01-2009, 08:42
Now that looks an army to me =)

it gets quite lehtal not that you practise it with just one sorcerer
You get very very low dispel with that. But personally I beated Vampire counts with 2 vampires and 2 necromancers with this list. You donīt need to dispel many spells per round cause you are lethal in CC. only problem is those pesky vampire counts whom tend to raise alot of spare troops to kill. Main aim agaist them is to go for the Lord .... with all you can. Other con with that build is that if you are lucky with hell cannon misfire you can cause all mages on board to take Miscast and possibly exploding themselves to bits even before they are able to cast ANY spells ... as it occured on me on my first turn firing the hell cannon =)

by the way if there is anyway in terms of points to change those spawns marked with MOT to MOS or MOK that would make them more lethal. and yet they are 130 pts not 120 ... MOT is 10 points per model and basic cost is 55 making it 65 and thus 130 in total

soulstealer666
28-01-2009, 15:33
by the way if there is anyway in terms of points to change those spawns marked with MOT to MOS or MOK that would make them more lethal. and yet they are 130 pts not 120 ... MOT is 10 points per model and basic cost is 55 making it 65 and thus 130 in total

quoted from the book

options: the spawn my have a mark of chaos

1-2 spawns may be taken as a single rare choice

i read that as the marks would cover both spawns with that single cost... or it would have read

"each spawn may have a mark of chaos"

now i do understand that GW sometimes put these silly things in just to confuse us, has it been FAQed or is that just the general consensus (im happy to go with the general consensus)

if i do need to change the points i could drop soporific musk from the Ex hero, but i do like that nice touch to him...

rathnutt1
28-01-2009, 17:50
The book shows that the unit size of spawns is 1. I would say it seems you need to buy the mark for each Spawn as it also says "The Spawn may have a Mark of Chaos:". For other units that can be marked as a unit, it says "The unit may have a Mark of Chaos:"

soulstealer666
28-01-2009, 17:55
The book shows that the unit size of spawns is 1. I would say it seems you need to buy the mark for each Spawn as it also says "The Spawn may have a Mark of Chaos:". For other units that can be marked as a unit, it says "The unit may have a Mark of Chaos:"

sweet as ill just remove the sporific musk and find an extra 10 point to make them MOK....

---------EDITED LIST ABOVE------