PDA

View Full Version : Need help to identify miniatures : Empire Wizard

OLIVERASO
27-01-2009, 17:33
Hi to all ;

Is anyone recognize those two miniatures ?

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lightwizzs5.jpg

They are marked acolyte on the tab ; and GW 1992 at the back.

Empire wizard acolyte ? Chaos Acolyte ? I not know... and hope someone here can help me !

Thanks !

All the best ;
Oliveraso.

Sylass
27-01-2009, 17:47
I think these are old Empire Acolytes of Light, no?

Back in the days of 4th (5th?) edition you had the option to buy a group of Acolytes for your Light Sorcerer. They'd then form a "pyramid of light" or similar adding to your power level/spell casting power (I think you got a bonus card from the Winds of Magic but I may be wrong :)).

Irisado
27-01-2009, 17:53
I think these are old Empire Acolytes of Light, no?

They are indeed Acolytes, you are correct.

Back in the days of 4th (5th?) edition you had the option to buy a group of Acolytes for your Light Sorcerer. They'd then form a "pyramid of light" or similar adding to your power level/spell casting power (I think you got a bonus card from the Winds of Magic but I may be wrong :)).

I can't remember exactly how their rules worked, but the background idea behind them was that they helped a Light Wizard to control his magic better, since Light Magic diffuses very easily, and is hard to channel effectively. This was reflected at the time by the fact that Light spells had very high power levels when it came to the number of power cards required to cast a spell.

t-tauri
27-01-2009, 17:58
Also common as thrall wizards in Thousand Sons armies when they had the option.

OLIVERASO
27-01-2009, 18:38
Thanks for the info but... any catalogue reference or flyer where they are shown : ) ?

Irisado
27-01-2009, 18:46
Thanks for the info but... any catalogue reference or flyer where they are shown : ) ?

This page at Sole Legends (http://www.solegends.com/citcat9x4/c93536-03.htm) should give you what you are looking for.

OLIVERASO
27-01-2009, 19:18
Thanks for your answer !