PDA

View Full Version : Still Indecisive...

Dvil
27-01-2009, 20:08
I have a game coming up this weekend, and I'm still undecided which book to use.

It's using (and adapting) the siege rules from 6ed; I have 1500 pts and the castle, he is the attacker with 3000pts.

I suspect he'll be using either WoC or DoC, but I can't know which. Here are the options I'm indecisive about:

Dark Elves
Quite nasty shooting, but I'm worried about frailty and lack of numbers.

Empire
Armour piercing could come in handy, along with special choice artillery, but I'm worried that the castle will fall within a turn of his units reaching the ramparts, as my troops aren't sturdy enough.

Orcs and Goblins
I could either man the walls with 'ardboyz to try to hold the ramparts for a while, or choose night goblins instead and throw fanatics off the walls on the heads of advancing warriors. The problem here is leadership, and armour.

Vampire Counts
Could be the most fun. I was thinking, He'll take the wall as soon as he climbs it, but I could keep him there all game with a strong enough magic phase. I'm just worried about hellcannons ruining my characters' days.

What do you guys (and gals!) think?
I also have Wood Elves and Skaven, but I don't quite trust them to manage this at all.

Deon
27-01-2009, 21:15
I would go for vamire count and keep him of with strong magic and summoning zombies.
everything causes fear.
But protect your characters
A vagrhulf is always a strong unit.
with orcs and goblins animosity could be a problem.
empire is a good choice too.
Don't know about Dark elves

Orge_ladd
28-01-2009, 17:51
use orcs and gobbos, if its a friendly game and go madd, spear chukkas and rock lobas and doom divers, aswell as fanatics. heck take a unit or 2 of boar boyz and go out the gates and charge him!

Chicago Slim
29-01-2009, 11:30
I would go for vamire count and keep him of with strong magic and summoning zombies.

With 1500 points to his 3000, you'd have a hard time generating strong magic...

W0lf
29-01-2009, 11:35
Dark elves.

Ring of hotek to cover the walls and a scroll caddy gives you the best magic defence for pts.

Reapeter crossbows, RBTs and black guard.

Job done.

Dvil
29-01-2009, 14:54
I think I'll go with dark elves, and follow W0lf's idea. It seems a good'un. If I've got spare points at the end I might also add a blood armour/lifetaker master in there.