PDA

View Full Version : Ork Looted Wagon

Macrus
27-01-2009, 22:53
I know it may seem like a stupid question but I just wanted to make sure before I did anything to my models.

So the question is - can I use any sort of tank to make a looted wagon, I have a chimera that I'm not using any more and I just wanted to make sure that I could use it as a looted wagon, I will convert it if I can.

Thank you

Macrus

boogle
27-01-2009, 23:04
Yep you can use a Chimera, the fact that the Armour is 11-11-10 lends itself better to the Chimera chassis than the Russ

Macrus
27-01-2009, 23:06
Thank you very much for that, ill start converting it now.

Also what do people think of using a looted wagon in ork armies?

Macrus

marv335
27-01-2009, 23:11
I like them.
While not as fast as the truuk, the armour 11 renders your cargo immune to most small arms. Handy as a Burna transport.

Slaaaaaanesh
27-01-2009, 23:12
I've no objection to you using a looted wagon in the ork army. The bits off the battlewagon and ork trukk are soposed to be pilfered bits anyway, I guess just ask your opponent in a friendly game. It's quite playable as opposed to wacking a Stompa on the table and going.... that alright?

landingshortly
27-01-2009, 23:15
a friend of mine converted a Dark Eldar Ravager haha. It looks so hilarious, every time I see it, I have to laugh. He put on one of those big guns and a bunch of wheels and painted it very tank girl movie style ;)

get one, make something original and funny. it's great :)

madd0ct0r
27-01-2009, 23:58
a friend of mine converted a Dark Eldar Ravager haha. It looks so hilarious, every time I see it, I have to laugh. He put on one of those big guns and a bunch of wheels and painted it very tank girl movie style ;)

get one, make something original and funny. it's great :)

any pictures?

Da Reddaneks
28-01-2009, 00:52
So the question is - can I use any sort of tank to make a looted wagon, I have a chimera that I'm not using any more and I just wanted to make sure that I could use it as a looted wagon, I will convert it if I can.
I sure hope so! (http://warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3195571&postcount=11568)

I like them. While not as fast as the truuk, the armour 11 renders your cargo immune to most small arms. Handy as a Burna transport.
I absolutely agree with that assment. They are also very effective in the same role for which you would use a truck. Delivering a squad of assault based boys into the enemy lines.

And one of my regular foes uses them, just as marv said, as a transport for burnas. And it works wonderfully for him.

landingshortly
28-01-2009, 01:03
any pictures?

i'll make some the next time i see it ;)

robnixon
28-01-2009, 02:54
i uses a converted hellhound which transports my burnas, i use it as a trukk with ard case and burna aqnd just coz i like having the models on it grot riggers.

TrojanWolf
28-01-2009, 03:48
Use what you like as a Looted Wagon. I use a Hammerhead myself, with the excuse that the Orks don't know which button makes it go up.

MajorWesJanson
28-01-2009, 03:49
Hmm. A Looted Monolith would be fun. Punch some holes in it to explain the weak armor.

Clang
28-01-2009, 03:53
As far as models go, you can use pretty much anything. The closer to a looted wagon's stats the better (e.g. a chimera or rhino) - you'll get strange looks if you use a Land Raider for example, unless it's damaged so badly that it now counts as having the lower armour. You could also up-armour a light vehicle, e.g. add armour plating to a Trukk model to indicate the looted wagon's higher armour values.

For gaming, looted wagons have a mixed reputation - some people like them for mounting boomgunz, others would rather take either the far tougher battlewagon or the cheaper and faster trukk.

AfroCelt
28-01-2009, 04:12
I've modeled mine out of a chimera hull with a WWII style landing craft look. The front hatch swings open like those old higgens boats, and the door and headlights make it look like an Ork Face.

I did also make a drop-in boomgun for it though...have my cake and eat it too!

Kelpi
28-01-2009, 05:44
The Looted Wagon is great for your light tanks, like the Rhino variants, Chimera variants including Basilisk, Devilfish and those sneaky light skimmers :D.

If your wanting to loot those heavier tanks don't ignore the Battlewagon slot. Its heavier armor is more in line with your Russes variants and with one facing AV14 much closer to a Land Raider then your Looted Wagon.

Moriarty
28-01-2009, 07:00
Yep, any tank can be a looted wagon, so go for it!

Conversion can be as simple as adding Orc shields along the sides a la Viking ship and leaving the turret off. Generally, though, make at least some attempt to represent the add-ons you're giving it (grot riggers etc)

Darkhorse
28-01-2009, 11:02
I use 2 versions of looted wagons.
1) Transport with Red Paint Job and Ram giving +1cm speed and front armour 13. Usually carries a mob of burnaboyz...:evilgrin:
2) Boom Gun and Armoured Top for ordnance support.

Lanparth
28-01-2009, 13:05
Boomgunz is da killiest of da killy! :P

I love these damn things, awesome.

sukigod
28-01-2009, 14:37
I'm on the BoomWagon side with the looted wagons. I've only recently started unsing them and fell in love with them right away. They're made more durable by pairing them with KFF Big Meks. Here's my Rhino Loot, I'll be doing one from a Chimera in the near (6 months?) future.

Good luck!

Da Reddaneks
28-01-2009, 14:52
Here's my Rhino Loot
wow, that is awsome!

soul destroyer
28-01-2009, 14:55
I use 2 in my army

1, SM predator ('ard case, big shoota)
2, leman russ ('ard case, boom gun)

Also got a devilfish with a pair of boyz with big shootas clinging on where the gun drones used to be but that rarely sees any action as it uses up a valuable heavy support slot and I'd rather take a trio of killa kans or a battle wagon.

Sheena Easton
28-01-2009, 17:17
My next Looted Wagon will be built from a Chimera.

I've no objection to you using a looted wagon in the ork army.

Well it is one of the units in the Ork Codex...

Clang
28-01-2009, 19:36
I use 2 versions of looted wagons.
1) Transport with Red Paint Job and Ram giving +1cm speed and front armour 13. Usually carries a mob of burnaboyz...:evilgrin:
2) Boom Gun and Armoured Top for ordnance support.

you do know the Ram only gives +2 armour during Death or Glory attacks? The looted wagon's front 11 armour is one reason many players prefer to pay the extra for a battlewagon transport with front 14 armour

Macrus
28-01-2009, 21:01
Thank you for all of the helpful information about looted wagons. :)

With the actual boomgun, can it look like what i want it too?

Macrus

AfroCelt
28-01-2009, 21:13
make it a bit bigger than the kannon and you're set....think about the size of a leman russ cannon.

Of course, mine's a WWII era german artillery gun...but to each his own.

Clang
28-01-2009, 21:37

Macrus

The Ork FAQ says the gun can be mounted any way you like - turret, sponson, whatever, so long as it's obvious from looking at it. You'll get a small game advantage from mounting the gun in a turret, as then it can turn even if the vehicle is immobilised or facing a different direction. It can look like any sort of gun - try to make it look like it could fire strength 8 Ordinance shells for 36", but all that really means is make it a BIG gun :)

TrojanWolf
29-01-2009, 23:43
Why the zog not? I have a railgun on my 'Amma'ead, and that works great.

Aviman
30-01-2009, 22:15
i've made a burny wagon recently. Its a converted rhino with skorcha, big shootas and i run my burnas in it for mega tank of flamey death. It worked wonders against IG. I torched 2 squads in a single turn :D.