- Great Weapons

1x Assassin 151 pts
- Touch of Death
- Rune of Khaine
- Additional Hand Weapon

War Hydra 175 pts

War Hydra 175 pts

2246 pts

This would be for a starter Dark Elves army. Each assassin goes in a Shade unit.

Watcha think?

Draconian77
28-01-2009, 01:05
I think your Sorceress has grabbed an extra 5pts of magic items allowance from out of the blue and I think you forgot to put heavy armour on your Lord!

Rather than all that mundane armour, a lance weapon(whos main benefit is that you can use a shield) and the Pendant why not try the Armour of Darkness, the Crimson Death and the Pendant?

I don't think you need ASF on the Cold One Knights, probably better to get either an extra Knight or the Standard of Slaughter/Warbanner.

Combat Assassins over Star Assassins? They are both great builds but I find that your build tend to favour large blocks of Spearmen rather than Shade units.

Deus Mechanicus
28-01-2009, 17:11
Okay made some updates, switched the cold one knights to Black Guards. Had to drop the repeater crossbows on some dark riders. Fixed the sorceress cut and paste problem. Should i put one of the assassins into the blackguards and turn the other one into a star assassin (which by the way is? lol) and if so. Should i combine the two shade units into one?

Dreadlord 529 pts
- Black Dragon
- Deathpiercer
- Pendant of Khaeleth
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak

Sorceress 150 pts
- 2x Dispel Scrolls

5x Dark Riders 110 pts
- Repeater Crossbows

5x Dark Riders 85 pts

5x Dark Riders 85 pts

5x Harpies 55 pts

5x Harpies 55 pts

5x Harpies 55 pts

15x Black Guards 290 pts
- Full Command
- Standard of Hag Graef
- Ring of Hotek

5x Shades 90 pts
- Great Weapons

1x Assassin 151 pts
- Touch of Death
- Rune of Khaine
- Additional Hand Weapon

5x Shades 90 pts
- Great Weapons

1x Assassin 151 pts
- Touch of Death
- Rune of Khaine
- Additional Hand Weapon

War Hydra 175 pts

War Hydra 175 pts

2246 pts

IvoryAndreas
28-01-2009, 21:43
You might try to make a bigger shade unit with a bsbs with asf banner, assasin and another master with gw for some nasty punch and shoot unit.

Draconian77
28-01-2009, 22:02
You may want to rethink including Black Guard in the army, Black Guard do a few things(Hold units in place for flank charges, protect flanks from linebreakers, defend firebases, etc) but in this list aren't they just included for no reason?

In general: Shades = Rending Star/Manbane Assassin
Block Infantry = Killing Blow/D3 extra attacks Assassin

2x 5 man Shade units are more useful than one 10 man unit.

Should your Dreadlord have Heavy Armour? Or maybe just give him the Armour of Darkness.

Deus Mechanicus
28-01-2009, 22:23
but in this list aren't they just included for no reason?.

They're cool models ;)

What should the Cold One knights do that the Black Guard shouldn't? I'd give him a magical armour but as it looks i have 4 pts to spare.

Here's the new list with the adjustements. Switched the knights back and returned the repeater crossbows on the dark riders and kept the shades for the assassins (changed the assassins also, good thing they ended up the exact same cost)

*edit* eeerhm seems like several cut and paste errors snuck in, should be ok now.

Dreadlord 535 pts
- Black Dragon
- Deathpiercer
- Pendant of Khaeleth
- Heavy Armour
- Shield
- Sea Dragon Cloak

Sorceress 150 pts
- 2x Dispel Scrolls

5x Dark Riders 110 pts
- Repeater Crossbows

5x Dark Riders 110 pts
- Repeater Crossbows

5x Dark Riders 110 pts
- Repeater Crossbows

5x Harpies 55 pts

5x Harpies 55 pts

5x Harpies 55 pts

5x Cold One Knights 235 pts
- Full Command
- Standard of Hag Graef
- Ring of Hotek

5x Shades 90 pts
- Great Weapons

1x Assassin 151 pts
- Rending Stars
- Manbane
- Additional Hand Weapon

5x Shades 90 pts
- Great Weapons

1x Assassin 151 pts
- Rending Stars
- Manbane
- Additional Hand Weapon

War Hydra 175 pts

War Hydra 175 pts

2247 pts

Draconian77
28-01-2009, 22:33
I would drop 5 Crossbows on a unit of DR's, the Standard of Hag Graef and the Dreadlords mundane armour.

That saves you 67pts?

Give the Dreadlord the Armour of Darkness and add another Cold One Knight.
If you drop another group of Crossbows you can give a Warbanner/Standard of Slaughter to your Knights.

Deus Mechanicus
30-01-2009, 01:38
Ok other than some minor configurations here and there is there something major you all would suggest to change? Because im thinking of ordering the models to the latest list as a starter army and then expand around that :)

Mooglemen
30-01-2009, 05:12
Consider that in this list, your only shooting comes from your Dark Riders. If 15 rxbs hitting on 5s or 6s is all you have, you might consider abandoning shooting altogether. That would save some points. Or, if you want a more serviceable shooting phase, I would recommend dropping a hydra in favor of 2 RBTs. They would add some long range punch that your current magic/shooting weak configuration lacks. I never leave home without them, but your playstyle/tastes might dictate otherwise. Just something to think about.