PDA

View Full Version : is Luxurious Torment a remains-in-play spell?

Selsaral
29-04-2005, 18:18
Nowhere can I see that it is. However the effect is just so incredibly brutal, with so many hilarious applications, that my spidey sense is tingling madly. The ol' spidey sense is telling me it SHOULD be remains-in-play. Any comments?

anarchistica
02-05-2005, 02:21
It's right there under the title of the spell...

the_night_reaper
02-05-2005, 02:26
yeah it's not it lasts until the unit is defeated in combat.

Selsaral
02-05-2005, 14:14
OK, just making sure. I keep casting it on ratling guns, solo mages, stuff that never wants to get into melee. This means the spell lasts pretty much the entire game, and I've had many units affected at once from the same caster.

nachosavage
02-05-2005, 17:48
and I've had many units affected at once from the same caster.

how do you do that?
I dont whink you can cast the same spell twise

Major Defense
02-05-2005, 18:50
how do you do that?
I dont whink you can cast the same spell twise

If it is not "remains in play" then casting other spells (or casting it again in subsequent turns) won't dispel it. Comet of Cassandora can be cast multiple times while other comets from previous turns are already on the way. In fact, if you kill the caster the comet still pans out normally!

I dunno about Luxurious Torment as I haven't seen the wording but from what everyone here has said so far it seems like it would work the same way.

Selsaral
02-05-2005, 19:55
Yeah, what MD said.

I guess I shouldn't complain that my spells are this brutal. My flabbergasted opponent almost had me feeling guilty for reaming him with slannesh spells last battle. Sent the ol' vermin lord running off to Gary Indiana with titillating delusions. Twice.