PDA

View Full Version : Valkya

kaintxu
28-01-2009, 02:40
Well I use to be a lover of Valkya, i justo loved no used to....

Well back to topic, i use to like to use Valkya, but since last FAQ and she not being able to join a unit of knight and keeping up with them, how do you see her?

SlaaneshSlave
28-01-2009, 02:49
words order help sense why no sentence

Freenut
28-01-2009, 03:20
Well I use to be a lover of Valkya, i justo loved no used to....

Well back to topic, i use to like to use Valkya, but since last FAQ and she not being able to join a unit of knight and keeping up with them, how do you see her?

maybe I missed that but was under the impression that was how she always worked. Either way does not change my thought on her. Still thinks she is useful and would love to see a model done for her.

kaintxu
28-01-2009, 03:58

Sorry if my english is not perfect, lets see...

The thing is i liked Valkya to join a unit of knights, but since the last faq se cant without slowing them down so, Do you find any nice use for her? joining some warriors or chosen and wasting flying?

Lord Dan
28-01-2009, 04:54

There was no need to be rude. You should learn to tell the difference between someone being apathetic in their typing and someone who doesn't speak English as their first language, especially on an international forum.

Makarion
28-01-2009, 05:27
Isn't she a flying model? As such, she cannot join any unit at all - no exceptions, as far as I can tell.

She's pretty good at warmachine hunting and being a behind-the-lines terror bomb, waiting to rearcharge something your knights are engaging from the front.

Djekar
28-01-2009, 05:52
Models with the flying rule can join units, but characters on flying mounts may not. Since VAlkia's wings are firmly attached to her own back and not the shoulders of a horse/spider/angry redneck that she rides on, she's golden.... or ... you know, gore covered.

I have always thought that sticking her with the footsloggers is a bit better anyways in order to set up the double threat. Throw her at a unit the same turn as a couple knights. It's like playing chess - she threatens multiple squares (parts of the board) all without having to move because of her 20" charge range. Stick her in the middle of the board and start setting up those combo charges.

*Note that I do realize using her to combo charge may result in her wasting some of her S7 KB attacks on the charge - especially if there are juicy character targets in the front rank.*

~Pod

Braad
28-01-2009, 08:07
Remember, if you join a flying character in a unit that can't fly, the whole unit moves on the ground. You can have only one way of moving in a unit. So: take the lowest ground movement and move the unit at that pase.
No partially flying, partially running units are allowed.

grhino
28-01-2009, 09:25
She's Khorne, right? Frenzy is not going to help her survive if you leave her on her own, and within a unit she is still likely to charge on her own. Think she's a very difficult character to use.

mossel
28-01-2009, 10:37
Valkia isn't frenzied (6)

SlaaneshSlave
28-01-2009, 12:35
There was no need to be rude. You should learn to tell the difference between someone being apathetic in their typing and someone who doesn't speak English as their first language, especially on an international forum.
I did see it as lazy typing without re-reading before posting. It seemed the intention of the sentence changed midway.

@kaintxu, I do apologize if English is not your 1st language. This board has had many great additions from non-native English speakers & I would not want to discourage them from further posting.

Jericho
28-01-2009, 13:20
Valkya is a goon, and her magic armor/shield make her pretty damn tough as well. T5, 2+ save, -1 attacks for enemies in base contact and -1S from all attacks that hit her? Suddenly you don't miss having a Ward save/regen anymore. Not being frenzied is also a huge plus, it makes her 10x more flexible.

I think she would benefit from Aircraft Carrier style tactics. Stick her in a block of Warriors/Chosen/whatever for turn 1, have her march up into charge range of several enemy units, and then let the good times roll. Remember to take advantage of her abilities like the re-roll on Eye of the Gods. It makes Warshrines, Trolls, Chosen etc. much more interesting :)

Blood/|\Moon
28-01-2009, 13:49
I agree with Jericho, I have used her to charge out of infantry and found great success. It helps a lot against missile fire if the block is nurgle. The stand and shoot for long range weapons is funny. Well let's see, I am going to stand and shoot. That's -1 for long range, -1 for the charge, -1 nurgle and even -1 for muti-shot... It's awesome. :D

Wulfrik
28-01-2009, 14:24
Would the nurgle -1 still apply? Doesn't she loose it as soon as she declares she's leaving the unit to get the 20" charge?

Blood/|\Moon
28-01-2009, 14:36
According to the new FAQ as long as the unit that is standing and shooting can hit the unit she is in when the charge is declared then that is when the stand and shoot reaction happens. So an infantry unit with the mark of Nurgle would give their -1 to it. Adversely, in this instance she would not get her -1 for being unit strength 1 either. So it does balance out. now if the unit she charged could not hit her until she was like 8" away then it wouldn't matter what mark you gave the unit but she would then gain her -1 for unit strength. (Skirmish)

DeerHeart
28-01-2009, 15:05
Does anyone hava a link to the WoC FAQ? It would be much appreciated.

Blood/|\Moon
28-01-2009, 15:23
Not the WOC FAQ the BRB 2 FAQ that just came out a little while ago.
Sorry about that, I should have specified better. :)

FatOlaf
28-01-2009, 16:05
She's Khorne, right? Frenzy is not going to help her survive if you leave her on her own, and within a unit she is still likely to charge on her own. Think she's a very difficult character to use.

Put her in a cheap unit of Marauders, with slannesh mark, that way they wont panic..

And then moon walk.... charge when the time is right, use hounds to screen to avoid baiting, once she is in CC, it's game on!

DeerHeart
28-01-2009, 20:06
Thanks for clearing that up for me Blood/I\Moon. Now if they would just get the WoC FAQ up...

Wulfrik
29-01-2009, 04:39
Thanks Bloodmoon!

Also, that means even a smallish unit (even minimum size) of Marauders can soak those stand and shoot wounds, even though they're not themselves charging in. Nothing like have meat shields... behind you? ::shrugs:: I'll take it.

Nurgle/Unmarked and large enough to not loose 25%, or Slaanesh/Khorne and 10 guys. If they're just a Gorequeen Delivery System, it really doesn't matter if they take the losses or not