PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Slaan List NEW BOOK

JRD4
28-01-2009, 04:52
I've been playing with army builder and the new book and I think this is a fairly balanced list. Although I'm not so sure I'm happy with any list i've made so far. Planning on trying this out vs some BoC tomorrow night. Would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks.

Slaan - 460
+1 Die/Spell
Knows all spells
6s are discarded
Scroll
Stone
1W = 2W vs one enemy character
BSB

Priest - 430
LVL 2
Engine
Transfer 2PD to DD (optional)
Extra Spell

18 Saurus Warriors - 234
Mus Banner
Spears

18 Saurus Warriors - 234
Mus Banner
Spears

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

6 Saurus Cavalry - 285
FC
Add d6" to charge banner

5 Chameleon Skinks - 60

16 Temple Guard - 316
FC
Warbanner

Salamander - 80
Extra Skink

Salamander - 80
Extra Skink

JRD4
28-01-2009, 18:41
Is that good or bad a decent amount of people checked out the list and no one responded?

N810
28-01-2009, 18:48
actualy it's quite typical...
I usualy get between 100 looks to 1 responce or worse...

Any way your list looks prety solid.
you could trade one unit of salies for one unit of spinys if you wanted to try them out.

blackjack
28-01-2009, 18:52
The problem is that 1 EOTG is warmachine bait. You need to take two or none IMO.

You have no magic weapons in the entire army, etherial troops will destroy you once they kill your skink P.

Time of Madness
28-01-2009, 19:00
I actually like this list. You have a decent magic phase and 3 rock solid infantry units. You will be able to slap the templeguard down flanked on each side by the spears.

I think the only problem you are going to have is the lack of support units. You need lots of little/flanking type units to help out your infantry. I'd look at dropping the cold ones in favour of some more salamanders skinks and some terradons.

Overall though I like the list.
Time of Madness

JRD4
28-01-2009, 20:39
actualy it's quite typical...
I usualy get between 100 looks to 1 responce or worse...

Any way your list looks prety solid.
you could trade one unit of salies for one unit of spinys if you wanted to try them out.

I'm not too fond of the razordons. Even if they get a decent roll for art after hits wounds and saves I don't think they're worth the points. JMO

The problem is that 1 EOTG is warmachine bait. You need to take two or none IMO.

You have no magic weapons in the entire army, etherial troops will destroy you once they kill your skink P.

The idea that you need either two or none EotG makes sense. I just wanted to try it out, but not willing to have two and a slann for 1300+pts in characters so I ditched it.

I actually like this list. You have a decent magic phase and 3 rock solid infantry units. You will be able to slap the templeguard down flanked on each side by the spears.

I think the only problem you are going to have is the lack of support units. You need lots of little/flanking type units to help out your infantry. I'd look at dropping the cold ones in favour of some more salamanders skinks and some terradons.

Overall though I like the list.
Time of Madness

I made some changes and added some support units. I added terradons even though I really don't like the new rules. They have no punch and even when charge a warmachine crew there's no guarantee they will even win combat now.

Here's the new list:

Slaan - 460
+1 Die/Spell
Knows all spells
6s are discarded
Scroll
Stone
1W = 2W vs one enemy character
BSB

Priest - 145
LVL 2
Transfer 2PD to DD (optional)
Power Stone

Scar-Vet - 143
LA Shield
+2 Attacks Sword

Scar-Vet - 140
LA
+1 Attack Sword
+1 Attack Shield

17 Saurus Warriors - 234
FC
Spears

17 Saurus Warriors - 234
FC
Spears

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

10 Sinks - 50

5 Chameleon Skinks - 60

16 Temple Guard - 291
FC

4 Terradons - 120

2 Salamanders - 150

2 Salamanders - 150

Any better?

blackjack
28-01-2009, 20:46
Plauqe of Tepok (Know +1 spell) is 35pts cheaper than know the entire lore and give you 5 out of 6 spells known.

This list is looking very much like my own, which is to say I like it.

JRD4
28-01-2009, 21:34
It seems like everytime I take tepok I don't get the one spell I really want. Plus with that free dice I really like knowing all 6 spells because I can always cast and usually get 3 spells off per phase.

I I did take tepok I'd probably take the Warbanner on the temple guard and give the skinks a musician, but like the extra spell better. :)

Conotor
28-01-2009, 21:44

Don't magic misses from the slann effect ethereal troops?

Shouldn't an EOG last quite a wile with its 5+ ward spell?

Tizz
28-01-2009, 21:50
Do you have a reason to take the item that double wounds by the slann against an enemy character? With your one attack I think those point are better spent elsewhere.

JRD4
28-01-2009, 22:17
Don't magic misses from the slann effect ethereal troops?

Shouldn't an EOG last quite a wile with its 5+ ward spell?

Would the engine benifit from its own ability? It just says all friendly units within 12" get the ward.

Do you have a reason to take the item that double wounds by the slann against an enemy character? With your one attack I think those point are better spent elsewhere.

It's a nasty combination when combined with a couple spells like Rule of burning Iron or steal soul. It helped me kill a dwarven lord just the other day.

JRD4
29-01-2009, 15:30
The list worked out well last night. Thanks for everyones help. I ended up getting a solid victory. The diadem and slanns ability to discard enemy wizards 6s really crippled his magic even though he had 12 PD! The terradons actually did very well causing 5 wounds on a giant in the 1st turn.
One of the scar vets died rather easily so I'm thinking of dropping the stone off the slann and 1 saurus warrior from each unit and mounting them both on cold ones to give them each a 1+ save, but it would make the units test for stupidity and I'm not sure if that's worth it. I'm also debating on whether to keep the stone on the priest or give him a scroll as the stone cause a miscast and ended my magic phase before the slann could even cast.
Any thoughts?

blackjack
29-01-2009, 15:33

The Bane head doubles the wounds caused by spells cast by the Slann as well. Rule of burning iron becomes a one shot assasin weapon against heros, for instance.

Tizz
29-01-2009, 18:35
Oohh, didn't know it worked with magic. That's pretty nasty, haha

ll Khainite ll
29-01-2009, 19:31
Ouch, that list looks nasty (:
My friend has something similar, but with a LOT more skinks and no salies,
Which i can paste everytime with my DE lol.

Time of Madness
29-01-2009, 19:49
The second list is a vast improvement. You have a lot of support units now that can help the heavy infantry.

Remember if you do take the cold one mounted vets you test on 3 dice which is a lot better chance of passing then most armies.

Look at taking the ASF sword for one of the vets....should ensure he stays alive most of the time.
Time of Madness

ll Khainite ll
29-01-2009, 19:51
Yeah, i agree, 3D6 stupidity tests can definately come in handy,
and the ASF sword is recomended, good against Elvesies etc.

JRD4
29-01-2009, 20:20
Thanks. I'll try out the coldone mounted vets. Asf sword is nice, but I think the 6a is better. I forgot scarvets are t5 now which is one reason he died but +1 armor save with t5 should be pretty good deffence.

Nicha11
30-01-2009, 02:05
and the ASF sword is recomended, good against Elvesies etc.

Except High Elves:p

Yah the second list is far better then the first posted.