PDA

View Full Version : 2k Slaanesh/Tzeentch Daemons. Leadership bomb

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 12:02
LORDS/HEROES:
670: KOSlv4 (temptator, siren song, soul hunger)
90: Masque
81: Bluescribes
265: lv2 Herald of Tzeentch (fly, master of sorcery, BSB, banner of -2 Ld)

CORE:
120: 10 Horrors
72: 6 Furies
72: 6 Furies
60: 5 Furies
60: 5 Furies
90: 3 Screamers
----
2000 exactly
----

magic:
11 power dice + bluescribes
8 dispel dice

Based on reducing enemy ld and then causing terror tests and doing slaanesh magic with reduced enemy Ld.
Theres the masque and the '-2 Ld' flying BSB to reduce enemy Ld. The herald can also try to reduce another units Ld by casting doom and darkness. Then draw dispel dice from the horror units casting their spells and the bluescribes casting their spell. Then the lv4 KOS does his ld based spells on units that now have their Ld reduced by a LOT. BSB could also cast the terror spell on the furies to make them cause terror at -2 to their Ld.
KOS can tear units apart by himself with the temptator (at -2 ld) and soul hunger.
The army is a bit risky as it doesnt have any holding units, but against most armies it should work just by causing rediculous amounts of terror and Ld tests and doing slaanesh magic at reduced Ld (for example, slicing shards at -5 Ld)
Another trick that the masque could so is to reduce enemy movement by D3, whislt march blocking them, os that the unit only goes about 2" per turn.

I love the idea of deploying the KOS opposite the opponants hardest big unit with his lord in (I should be setting up my charachters last), and marching the masque up behind the KOS, with the flying BSB out of LOS but within 12" of the greater daemon. Use the masques ability to reduce the units Ld, tHen siren song his big unit, and if he gets into combat with the greater daemon, then the lord has to pass a Ld test at minus lots to his leadership or he will be fighting for me. Add that to my ASF WS9 S6 armour piercing KOS with re-roll to hit, and that unit is as good as dead. And thats just turn 1 (or 2).

==Me==
28-01-2009, 14:18
That sounds like a good plan, but what happens to ITP armies? Some fighty units to help out would be quite nice here. I'd drop a couple unit of Screamers for some Seekers or a Herald+Daemonettes, even Hounds.

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 14:30
VC should not be a problem. I'll just siren song the lords unit and make him fight for me to help the KOS destroy the unit.

Daemons will be a problem.

I might dro 2 screamers and 10 furies for a unit of flesh hounds

blackjack
28-01-2009, 14:51
I really like your list as is.

eleveninches
28-01-2009, 14:57
Im going to see how it goes, and if it impresses me enough I might even consider taking it to the GT at the end of the year.

eleveninches
29-01-2009, 11:14
The only army i cant see it working against is:
1. Daemons
2. Ogres
3. Slaanesh mortals