PDA

View Full Version : Chariots and GW

grimgors battle buddy
28-01-2009, 13:49
I am sorry if this has been done before but, in a recent game i decided to use Korhil as the commander of a White Lion heavy HE army. My two main questions are

1) Would the Lions be S6 with their GW's, some people in our local gaming club play by the rule of that the chariot is a stable platform so they benefit from the +2 str rule or would they only get +1 str

2) Korhil's magic weapon doesn't state that it is a magic weapon it only confers +2 str and killing blow so can he combine that with the hand weapon he has in his profile and on his model to gain the extra attack.

Thanks for your help and i will get back to my green roots soon after i've finished my second giant for Grimgor's horde.

WLBjork
28-01-2009, 14:28
1. Check page 55 of the BRB. This clearly states that "cavalry and models riding monsters or chariots" are considered mounted.

2. No, it has to state that it is a Hand Weapon to be combined with a second hand weapon to benefit from "fighting with a weapon in each hand". Indeed, I challenge you to find any magic weapon that says it is a magic weapon.

nosferatu1001
28-01-2009, 15:49
If it is a magic item then it is by default not a hand weapon. There needs to be explicit mention for it to count, e.g. Dagger of H[something] in DE book.

WLBjork is totally correct on point 1) Chariots are definitely a mount; "stable platform" does not exist in 7th Ed. MEans Halberds are a better bet when mounted, however doesnt help those poor, ASF elves...

Necromancy Black
28-01-2009, 22:40
Only models on foot and maybe some weird flying model that does not have a mount get the +2 Str for GW. Chariots, Calvary and anything mounted only get +1 Str. Should they for any reason stop becoming mounted then they're get the +2 Str bonus.