PDA

View Full Version : Recently came in to some NG's 2000pts

TomorrowDreamer
28-01-2009, 16:23
Well i recently came in to some night goblins at a car boot i thought it was a great deal so i brought all of these units for 30^^: 90 Night goblins, 6 Fanatics, Giant, Doom diver, Rock lobber and 2 spear chukkas. Oh i was also wondering if any one knows a way to get warhammer paint off plastic models without damaging them because they are painted horribly. So finally getting round to it i just knocked up this list on army builder so tell me what you think :)

Heroes: 630pts

Night Goblin Great shaman: 260pts 4c 2d
Staff of sneaky stealin
Amulet of protectyness
Level 4 upgrade

Night goblin shaman: 115pts 2c 1d
Staff of sorcery
Level 2 upgrade

Night goblin shaman: 110pts 2c 1d
Level 2 upgrade
Dispel scroll

Night goblin big boss: 107pts
Sneaky skewer
Enchanted shield
Light armour
Great squig

Night goblin big boss: 38pts
Extra hand weapon
Light armour
Shield

Core: 813pts

25 Night goblins: 197pts
2 Fanatics
Musician
Standard bearer
Nets
Spears

2 Fanatics
Musician
Standard bearer
Nets
Spears

2 Fanatics
Musician
Standard bearer
Nets
Spears

25 Night goblins: 137pts
2 Fanatics
Musician
Standard bearer

20 Night goblins: 85pts
Short bows
1 Fanatic

22 Night goblins:66pts
Hand weapon
Shield

Special: 330pts

2 Goblin rock lobbers: 140pts

2 Spear chukkas: 70pts

8 Goblin squig hoppers: 120pts

Rare: 160pts

2 Goblin Doom Diver catapults: 160pts

Total: 1999pts 8 Casting dice, 5 Dispel dice, 1 Dispel scroll

Thinking about it the lone unit of 22 night goblins will probably beef up the 3 large units with nets and spears. I intend to just sit back and let the enemy come on to my fanatics while i shoot em up with my rock lobbers ect. So criticism needed :angel:

Time of Madness
28-01-2009, 18:22
Well your list is illegal. You can only have 4 characters. Drop the 2 bosses and pick up another level2 shaman. You should take both bound items as well (itty ring and horn of urgok). Hope that helps.

To remove paint use SIMPLE GREEN - best stuff ever.

TomorrowDreamer
28-01-2009, 20:37
Cheers for the thing to get paint off:) but my list isnt illegal 1 lord choice n 4 hero choices at 2000pts yes? Edit: could you give me a link to the green stuff cause theres loads of different products cheers

Thoras Ulriksson
28-01-2009, 21:44
No you can only have 4 characters total one of which can be a lord. I'd also think about dropping the nets on the night goblins and get another goblin unit spending 197 points on one unit of gobbos is alot considering goblins can't hold up in combat without numbers.

Stuffburger
28-01-2009, 22:20
An all goblin list can be fun to play, but it is very difficult to get even a .5 win ratio with one. Relying on magic and shooting like you have here, as much as one can rely on anything in an O&G army, seems to be the way to go. I'd throw away the hoppers (they will just spring way ahead of your slow, mostly defensive army and get killed) and add more chukkas.

The spears can be gone without. Against all but the most pitiful of troops (I'm talking like empire spearmen and lower) you will be better served by a cheaper unit with a 1 better AS than one with more attacks. The nets are also of debatable effectiveness.

An army like this absolutely must have a BSB. You will routinely lose 75% or more of combats and the reroll will take your chances of holding from godawful to simply bad.

The most obvious way to make this army more winny though is to allow yourself some orcs, though if that isn't an option an all NG army can be done if you're up for the challenge. Good luck!

Lord Malorne
28-01-2009, 22:31
Actualy as things stand now a heavy shooting NG list is the most competitive build you can hope for in the O&G book.

w3rm
29-01-2009, 00:48
K first sneaky skewer isn't worth it. A GW does the same modifier and is 1/5 the cost. Spread out your fanatics as well. A great squig should always have always have porkos here's a great link to a great site to help you a little http://folk.ntnu.no/tarjeia/avian/tactics/nightgoblin_units_chars.php. Also I LOVE single trolls.

barbadark
29-01-2009, 14:21
If you are a fan of N-goblins and are ok with namned characters Skarsnik is a good thing.

He has LD 8 which is the highest posible for a n-goblin.
Put the BSB in the unit and give him the badmoon banner.
Then you have a unit which is really brutal.
Stubborn whith a LD of 8.
And a possible reroll on panic.

Beef it up whith spears and nets and fanatics... even Chosen warriors of chaos would think twice standing on a charge.

TomorrowDreamer
29-01-2009, 15:32
Cheers for all the replys im gonna start rewriting the list now so will update in a bit:)