Scyla Anfingrimm

Spawn
-Mark of Tzeentch

Spawn

Total Points: 1992
Power Dice: 11
Dispel Dice: 6 + 1 Scroll

Thoughts on the army:

The Jinx first. His magic ability should control the magic phases decently, I see magic heavy VC's and daemons being problematic, but thats where the black tongue, infernal puppet comes into play. Shutting down even one magic phase could be disastrous for those armies. Fluffwise, the reason behind the name is everything within 6 inches of him miscasts or fluffs their rolls.

The coin (hedz and tailz). Character sniping, Ring of hotek suicide armies are worthless when buboes characters are on the table. If its on a unit champion even better. Deployed on foot with the mark of nurgle(mainly for a lack of mounted sorcs in my collection). Magic missiles directed their way are my first priority. Fluff, one tends to miscast per turn while the other rolls a really high casting value.

The Vanguard (marauder horsemen) Bait, flee and sacrifice their way to a knightly flank charge. Flails in case they can hit the vulnerable spots of the enemy army.

The right arm (knights of chaos). Smash smash smash....that is all.....

The freak show (Spawns). My anti-tarpit, run them towards horrors or zombies, scyla runs towards a mage bunker and issues challenges. MR3 helps the freak a lot.

Looking over other Batrep logs I am going to post 4 blank posts to keep track of my batreps at the start of the thread and leave debate and C&C for after.

ENJOY!

MURPH
28-01-2009, 18:06
Game 1:

Nik's Dark Elves:

Supreme Sorceress:
-Peg
-Lvl 4

Sorceress:
-lvl 1
-Seal of Ghrond

Master
-Cold one

20 Corsairs
-Command
-Frenzy banner
-Assassin

5 Dark Riders

10 Crossbowmen

10 Cold One
-Command
-Always Strikes First

2 Hydras

Pre-game:

He got Black Horror, Word of Pain, Chillwind, Doombolt. I got everything but Gateway. Hedz got buboes and fleshy, tailz got buboes and Curse. Pretty good spells, would have preferred to have gotten gateway but no matter.

Deployment: My view left to right

nothing for 2ft, DR HYDRA COSAIRS HYDRA SUPREME COLDONE(w/ master) Forest XBows w/ sorc

spawn spawn building horse knight Jinx horse knight horse knight forest with hedz and tailz scyla

WoC turn 1

I advance and with a checkboard pattern. spawns got 6 and 10. Scyla got 12 and ran towards the bowmen. Magic sees me put 2 wounds on a hydra with FF hedz miscasts and takes a wound. Tails IF's buboes and takes a wound of the level 1 sorc. I cast Pandi to end my turn.

Dark Elves 1

He doesn't want to commit and feels he can outmagic me. (I dont know if he forgot about pandi). Shuffles forward with the hydras to threaten. Magic, black horror cast with 2 6's. Miscast, I modify to an 11 forgets the spell takes a wound. He casts power of darkness and I let it go, more dice to miscast on. He tries to cast chillwind with 3 dice, 3 threes. Miscast, modified to an 11, takes a wound loses the spell. His sorc tries to cast power of darkness on one dice, fails, I use the black tongue and with another 11 on the miscast table, dies. Shooting does one wound to scyla.

WoC 2

I move my horsemen to entice charges to get flank charges for my knights. Scyla reaches the bowmen and they flee. Spawn move to intercept the DR but roll a 2 and 4. Magic sees hedz buboes the final wound off the supreme sorceress. tailz miscasts and I modify it so he can cast a spell. Hehehe. The jinx removes a hydra with a super chaged FF. I cast Regen on the knights who will be overrun into.

DE 2

Charges the hydra into the flank of my regen knights oops! and coldones to the front of a horsemen infront of said knights Xbows rally. Combat eliminates the horsemen with an overrun into the knights. No wounds are caused by the hydra (within 6" of the jinx) knights kill one and my return attacks kill 5 CoK. I win by one and the hydra books it through a unit of horsemen. Dead.

WoC 3

Knights charge flank of Cok. Horsemen charge DR flee off the board. Scyla makes it to the xbows who take another wound off with stand and shoot Horsemen 2 move to the other flank of the knights. Regen cast on knights to the front of the Cok Combat sees me kill 3 DR for one in return. They hold. The knights lose several knights for one in return, the break and flee through the horsemen. Scyla kills 4 bows, they break and are run down.

He calls the game.

1-0-0

Pandaemonium and the Puppet destroyed him, rolled poorly for the hydra.

Game 2: Dark Elves

Limitations 2500pts and only 500 on characters,

Dark Elf Army

Morathi
-Power Stone
-Darksword

5 Dark Riders

5 Dark Riders

20 Corsairs
-Command
-Frenzy Banner
-Assassin

20 Corsairs
Command

5 Cold One Knights
-Command

5 Cold One Knights
-Command

20 Black Guard
-Command
-ASF
-Assassin

Hydra

Hydra

I was using the army found in my post below.

Deployment had a building on the right side of the table and a couple forests on the left with some rock spires in the middle of my deployment zone

DE Deployment Hill
Morathi
.........DR HYDRA COK BG HYDRA COK CORS CORS DR

Forest Building

..SPAWN HOUNDS HOUNDS GIANT HORSE HORSE HORSE
WARRw/sorcMARw/Gen WARRw/sorc KNIGHT KNIGHT KNIGHT
Hill

WoC 1

Stupidity passed and spawn shuffles off the left with the hound unit. Everything else moseys up in the checkerboard pattern with a horse unit tempting the DR on the right and another parking itself in front of the frenzied corsairs. Magic sees an irrestible buboes from hedz kill the CoK unit champ on the right while tailz Miscasts on two dice and ends the magic phase. No combat, onto the DE.

DE 1

Stupidity on the left passed and the other failed. Charge from the corsairs and the CoK into the Horsemen who hold The R on the right charge the horsemen who flee (panic passed) and fail the fear test necessary to charge the knights. Morathi flies to the right flank and everything else moves up 5-7 inches. Magic. An irresisable black horror is shrugged off by my knights on the right. Word of pain is dispelled and that was it. Combat saw the horsemen annihilated and everything overruns out towards the middle of my deployment zone.

WoC 2

Stupidity passed, Knights charge the flank of the corsairs and the knights on the right charge both the corsairs and the DR who hold. Hounds move up in front of the hydra and CoK. Horse on the right rally. The Spawn moves towards the DR and the other hounds scoot passed the dr to the far left table quarter and dont move for the rest of the game. Giant positions himself for a hyra flank charge. Steady advance from my foot units. Magic dispels one buboes while the other kills the Black Guard Champ. Combat. The right flank is obliterated by my two knight units. The assassin pops out and kills one knight and I wiff some combat attacks to make the corsairs break.

DE 2

Hydra and the CoK charge the hounds and the other CoK fail stupidity DR charge spawn. Hydra 2 moves over to take on the infantry. Black guard advance towards my general. Magic is stopped by burning 2 scrolls. Combat Knights on right run through the corsairs and assassin while the hydra and CoK butcher the hounds. Hydra overruns 3" while the CoK hit the lefthand unit of warriors. Combat is stagnant between the spawn and DR.

WoC 3

Stupidity passed, Marauders charge the Cok on the left in the flank while the Knights on the right charge the CoK in the front. Giant charges the hydra. Other knights circle around towards middle of board from the top right quarter. Magic is stopped. Combat sees the giant kill the Hydra with 10 wounds of "Thump with Cow" Beastmasters do 2 wounds and get away. CoKs are destroyed on the left and broken on the right. Flurry of 6's to wound kill the spawn.

DE 3

Hydra charges the marauders and the Black Guard charge the warriors. CoK Rally and turn to face the Knights. Magic kills the horsemen and a couple of warriors and some knights. Combat sees me do a wound to the hydra for 3 in return. Breaks and flees to near the board edge past the rounding knights. Black guard break the warriors with the help of the assassin wounding Hedz ( who took a wound off the assassin with his warrio familiar.) Escape the BG.

WoC 4

Giant rounds on the Black Guard and the warriors on the left charge the DR who flee the board. The Knights turn and face the hydra. Warriors fail to rally and keep running. Magic stopped no combat.

DE 4

Black guard are just out of charging the fleeing warriors with hedz. Hydra rallies with morathi's help. Magic Fries 2 units of knights leaving a 4 strong unit to face off against the hydra and 2 CoK. No Combat

WoC 5

Giant charges the flank of the BG. Knights charge the hydra. Warriors rally annd Hapless fails his stupidity.
Magic stopped, Giant takes 2 wounds to ASF, not to happy with this he takes his lucky cow "Mable" and yells and Moos. BG fail their stubborn 9 and run 11. Giant rolls a 12. Unit caught. Knights are destroyed by the hydra who saved 5 regens.

DE 5

Hydra moves towrads giant to finish it off. CoK fail stupidity. Magic sees a couple of Marauders roasted.

WoC 6

Giant charges second hydra and thumps it with "Mable" and kills it.

DE 6

Magic brings the marauders to half strength and the Giant is saved by my last scroll.

Solid Victory to Hapless.

MVP: Giant
That giant bagged both hydras and a 500pt unit of black guard.

MURPH
28-01-2009, 18:07
Post of bat reps

cerealkiller195
29-01-2009, 06:29
nice quick concise report i'm still trying to figure out a style i'm comfortable with for writing my own blog here on warseer but that's another issue all together. I'm trying to get into the thought process of the dark elf player (being one for many years myself). Did he just think that he would be able to get away with spells?

His list is also pretty hard to figure out what he wanted to do, did he have any equipment or it didn't matter enough to take part in the game?

MURPH
29-01-2009, 16:29
I dont know what equipment the master and the supreme sorceress had. It didn't matter too much. We discussed tactics afterwards and I told him with a lot of armies its difficult to get synergy with mixed armies unless you have several infantry blocks and several cav units, he had 2 infantry units and 2 cav units. I feel at 2k you need at least 3 of one. Dark Elves work well with large blocks, I like black guard block and 2 small executioner squads at 12 strong with a musician to flank in addition to a coldone unit and several units of Dark Riders. 2 reaper bolt throwers and a hydra to fill it out then characters at whim.

Cheers,

Jordan

Malorian
29-01-2009, 16:36
Wow, that anti-magic works wonders.

I think those two mages on foot are pretty risky. Might be worth dropping a spawn to put them on steeds once you're able to get the models.

SevenSins
29-01-2009, 18:39
Jinx indeed, seems your characters lived up to your fluff then ;)
I agree with Malorian though, they need some rides

MURPH
29-01-2009, 23:37
So a little challenge this week, Nik wanted a rematch against his dark elves at 2500pts and a limit of 500pts on characters, no special characters. So the Jinx and Scyla have taken a ride and in place of my general I threw in an Exalted Hero as my general with some light kit.

Hapless Henry
Exalted of Khorne
-Mok
-Helm of Many Eyes

19 Marauders of Slaanesh
-MoS
-light armour and shields
-Command

Hedz
Sorcerer of Nurgle
-MoN
-Lvl 2
-Dispel Scroll*2

11 Warriors of Khorne
-Mok
-Great Weapons

Tailz
-MoN
Sorcerer of Nurgle
-Lvl 1
Dispel Scroll and Warrior Familiar

11 Warriors of Khorne
-Mok
-Great Weapons

5 Marauder Horsemen of Slaanesh
MoS
-Flails
-Musician

-MoS
-Flails
-Musician

-MoS
-Flails
-Musician

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Knights of Nurgle
-MoN
-Standard

5 Knights of Nurgle
-MoN
-Standard

5 Knights of Nurgle
-MoN
-Standard

Chaos Giant

Spawn of Chaos

Total: 2495
Character Total: 500

I like the movement synergy throughout this list. Marauder Horsemen and knights do their dance. The hounds will screen the warriors and hapless henry from doing anything they dont want to do. The giant will stick around the infantry blocks.

What do you think?

PopeAlexanderVI
30-01-2009, 01:44
I'd switch one of the knight units to Khorne or give one of them the frenzy banner. Maybe get another unit of hounds to screen. Drop the spawn.

MURPH
30-01-2009, 04:13
I'd switch one of the knight units to Khorne or give one of them the frenzy banner. Maybe get another unit of hounds to screen. Drop the spawn.

So if I drop the spawn and add the banner of rage and another unit of hounds I'm still 5 points over. What can I drop?

Malorian
30-01-2009, 09:49
Just give one unit of horsemen spears instead of flails.

MURPH
30-01-2009, 21:59
2500pt game is up. List stayed the same as I posted it. Got dunk last night and didnt want to build the hounds this morning.

Djekar
31-01-2009, 07:23
Congrats on the second win over the dark elves, but I can't help but notice that he took a SC when the rules you posted said that he wanted no SC's.

Also, glad to see WoC kicking it into high gear - and also glad to see a giant as the MVP, that guy was sick for you! I need to get a giant like that - mine's name is Greg (the old model I have looks just like an annoying authority figure from my collegiate days), but I'm thinking of changing it to McPincushion or VonArrowbait.

More battles, MURPH!

~Adventure

MURPH
31-01-2009, 15:17
Congrats on the second win over the dark elves, but I can't help but notice that he took a SC when the rules you posted said that he wanted no SC's...

...but I'm thinking of changing it to McPincushion or VonArrowbait.

More battles, MURPH!

~Adventure

Its true, but it didnt matter too much, his magic phase was controlled when it needed to be.

I dont quite have the time yet to write up the other but we had an immediate second game and he giant went through another hydra, morathi and a unit of DRs. The guy, in 2 games, ran through roughly 2000pts worth of models.

The model itself has a cow attached to a chain so I changed the attacks to reflect that, such as "Swing with cow" "Thump with Cow" "Yell and Moo"...ect

I think I'll name it Huckleberry with his cow Mable.

MURPH

EvC
02-02-2009, 13:47
Cool reports, good to see some actual Warriors in the second army as well :D

scyla runs towards a mage bunker and issues challenges.

Remember that this is actually a drawback- whenever you issue a challenge, your opponent should just accept with champion, or if the champion is dead, he can just refuse and send the Mage out of harm's way. Scylla is not the best mage hunter for that reason... course if he can just blat the unit to dust, that works too ;)

MURPH
02-02-2009, 16:38
I tend to play 2 horror heavy daemon armies so it ends up being a massive help that he can shrug off magic aimed at him and just wear down the unit.

I liked how the warriors played I might try an MSU army of them, chosen, and hounds.

MURPH