PDA

View Full Version : Casting out of combat

Angelust
28-01-2009, 21:31
Hi all.

I personally thought that you can not cast while actually in combat unless you're casting it on yourself. Can you actually cast a spell that is not a magic missile and does not require LOS while engaged in combat?

i.e. can my Daemon Prince use Infernal Gateway on an unengaged unit while he's charged a unit?

I ask because my opponent cast Titillating Delusions while his sorceror chick was in combat, and it negated a charge by my chaos knights :cries:

stripsteak
28-01-2009, 22:10
you can cast out of combat provided you meet all the requirements for the spell.

you can not cast INTO combat unless you are casting on yourself, or the spell says you can.

Angelust
28-01-2009, 22:13
Wow. OK, thanks.

Necromancy Black
28-01-2009, 22:32
Only magic missiles have the limit saying they can't be cast if the wizard is in close combat.

Most other spells simply require you to have LOS so the wizard is usually stuck only seeing the enemy in front of it whcih it can't cast msot spells at. Those without the need for LOS are obviously much easier to cast.

dal9ll
29-01-2009, 21:17
Only magic missiles have the limit saying they can't be cast if the wizard is in close combat.

^^WORD. I beleive thats how the rulebook states it.