PDA

View Full Version : Is GW gonna recut the catachans?

souljaking09
29-01-2009, 01:18
Im starting my army and want to know whether to wait or buy more. im ready to buy 100 from someone. i just want to make sure they are not being completely redone in the next couple years.

HsojVvad
29-01-2009, 01:21
Nobody knows for shure yet. If it's a good price, I say buy them.

decker_cky
29-01-2009, 01:29
If you're getting a good deal on the 100, go for it. Being recut means they're basically the same thing with some small adjustments. If the deal is open ended, I might wait a few weeks since rumours should be more forthcoming as we approach the release.

They won't be completely redone in the next few years though (barring some craziness from GW)

Hicks
29-01-2009, 01:31
I've read some rumors mentioning that the current infantry box will be dropped in favor of a sprue of guardsmen (10?) and a sprue of heavy weapons. As far as I know this means that the current infantry sprue will not be altered at all.

But yeah, if they are in good condition and at a fair price, I think you should get them too.

decker_cky
29-01-2009, 01:39
Oh....and if GW do recut Catachans and put plasma and melta guns on the sprue, that'll mean you can likely pick up some of them cheap when they auction off their extras (possibly along with some heavy weapons).

40kdhs
29-01-2009, 04:51
If it's cheap, buy it.

souljaking09
29-01-2009, 04:53
I've read some rumors mentioning that the current infantry box will be dropped in favor of a sprue of guardsmen (10?) and a sprue of heavy weapons. As far as I know this means that the current infantry sprue will not be altered at all.

But yeah, if they are in good condition and at a fair price, I think you should get them too.

they are on sprue and at a fair price. i was sort of confused by your answer though. are they not goin to sell the box of 20 catachan guardsmen anymore? are they replacing it with the 10 and a heavy weapons squad? cuz at the end you said they wont be altered. do you mean they wont be recut, but they will be put in a different box?

Hicks
29-01-2009, 05:13
they are on sprue and at a fair price. i was sort of confused by your answer though. are they not goin to sell the box of 20 catachan guardsmen anymore? are they replacing it with the 10 and a heavy weapons squad? cuz at the end you said they wont be altered. do you mean they wont be recut, but they will be put in a different box?

They are on sprue!?!? Go for it if they are cheap, I can assure you that the IG is the most fun you'll ever have pushing around little soldiers.

As far as the rumor I heard goes, I heard nothing about a recut of the sprues (they are staying exactly the same). The only difference is that instead of packaging boxes with only lasgun troopers and boxes of only heavy weapons, they will make boxes with one sprue of each. Keep in mind that this is just a rumour, it may not happen.

starlight
29-01-2009, 05:23
As the guy with the box of Catachan Sprues (yes, 100+ untouched on sprue:p) I'll chime in here. :)

The *new* Catachans (HQ, etc) will be along the lines of the ones in the Heavy Weapons box as opposed to the original infantry box. I haven't seen the differences so I can't speak to them specifically, but I've heard they work fine together.

When GW says *recut*, usually it means that they're adding bitz and gubbins to the sprue to increase the perceived value. The new box will have a squad, but it will likely have additional Special/Heavy weapons not a Squad *and* a HW team. Whether or not this *replaces* the HW boxes remains to be seen...

Hicks
29-01-2009, 05:25
Thanks for clearing things up, I might pick up some of them to make a couple Ork Hunters to go along my Steel Legion then... unless GW is planning something for actual Armageddon Ork Hunters minis?

starlight
29-01-2009, 05:30
There *is* a rumour that there will either be rules for Armageddon Ork Hunters or something close in the new Codex. :D I haven't heard anything on minis, just rules for now...

laudarkul
29-01-2009, 05:42
There was a rumor on this site that they (and cadians) are not going to get a redone in the next years. After that period a new standard guard model will appear.

Cypher
29-01-2009, 05:49
I thought there was some suggestion that a few of the individual bits might be "improved" somehow, given that the existing Catachans arent of the best quality?

There *is* a rumour that there will either be rules for Armageddon Ork Hunters or something close in the new Codex. :D I haven't heard anything on minis, just rules for now...
Dont tell me that - "Orky" IG was going to be my cool secret project for this year, and now you tell me my great idea is going to be present in the codex? :cries:

starlight
29-01-2009, 05:58
*May* be, not *will* be...:p

It might be something as simple as a *Preferred Enemy* rule, or something more complex...nothing specific...

Remoah
31-01-2009, 12:44
Soul: If it's a good deal and you like the models, buy them. GW WILL NOT be producing a new like of 'chans. More than likely they'll be simply adding bitz like Plasma Guns, Grenade Launchers and the like... but it won't be for a while.

boogle
01-02-2009, 12:03
Soul: If it's a good deal and you like the models, buy them. GW WILL NOT be producing a new like of 'chans. More than likely they'll be simply adding bitz like Plasma Guns, Grenade Launchers and the like... but it won't be for a while.

May as they have been losted as being recut and released