PDA

View Full Version : Are there rules for creating a Nuln Army list?

fastcarfreak
29-01-2009, 03:14
I searched already and cant seem to find rules anywhere. Are there any rules for creating a Nuln list (like published in WD or something)? Or is it just a way to theme your empire list? Thank you

Bac5665
29-01-2009, 03:35
There pretty much aren't any "theme" lists anymore. But the army lists tend to be more flexible than ever, so it wouldn't be hard to do a nuln list, (though I would be wary of such a list, since it would be very hard not to make a pure gunline that way.)

dodicula
29-01-2009, 03:48
Yes,
its called: The standard Empire list! you can have six big guns in your army which should be more than enough

fastcarfreak
29-01-2009, 04:16
thanks guys. I was trying to get some info for my brother. Now i got it.

Awilla the Hun
30-01-2009, 19:26
The rules are quite simple.

First: get a long line of handgunners (who must be given as baroque and olde worlde name as possible-Musketeers, Fusiliers, Harquebusiers at the very least!)

Second: Get some cannons, with occasional regiments of spearmen

Thirdly: Just before shooting the said long line of handgunners, you must shout "BATALLION! PRESENT ARMS!" And then take a breath, scoop up the dice, and... "GIVE FIRE!"

If you're really into it, shout these in order at random points in the enemy turn to put him off: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Mark_Gist/musket.htm

Condottiere
30-01-2009, 23:56
The handgunners seem to be stuck somewhere between the ECW and the Restoration - no supports but not quite organized either.

Awilla the Hun
31-01-2009, 14:15
It's better if you use a measuring stick to order the volley/imitate the movements.

(And slightly off topic, but I once took Be'lakor with my faithful thin black and blue line of "Fusiliers".)

I really prefer the older models for state troops. They had discipline, standing in tight ranks with standard issue halberds raised. The modern guys run around in bare feet-that's not right at all for the best trained, best disciplined, best supplied army in the world!

RossS
31-01-2009, 16:15
Handgunners are a must. Every one of the "pike" regiments in my Nuln army is accompanied by a detachment of them, plus I tend to include a smallish unit of "commanded shot." I tend not to include much from the engineer's guild, since all their toys come out of machine shops in Altdorf. But it's basically a gunline, and its pretty awesome.

Then, I throw in the Outriders and Pistoliers. And the cannons; can't forget those.

My lads are even greater gunpowder enthusiasts than Guy Fawkes.

Frankly
31-01-2009, 17:31
Lots of cannons is the only rule I think!

Condottiere
31-01-2009, 17:50
Well, Nuln has always been renown for the number of war-machines that they fielded, and since they have the resources, it really wouldn't be a surprise if the entire army was outfitted with muskets and pistols.

The weakness would be close combat, and while pikes are the better choice, halberds and swordsmen might be fluffier.

Miffmoff
24-04-2009, 22:40
I want to make a Nulnish army sometime but more like a colonial wars army. Basically i thought about taking engineers, handgunners, handgunners, handgunners, cannons, maybe mortars and volleyguns or rocket launchers

W0lf
24-04-2009, 22:44
Gold wizards
Hangunners
Great cannons
Helblasters

Job done ^^

Griefbringer
25-04-2009, 07:02
Fluff-wise, I am yet to see anything that supports the common gamer point of view that handgunners would be the mainstay of Nuln armies. Rather, being from the south of Empire, halberd is likely to be the most common weapon, together with half-pike. Of course, being a relatively wealthy and modern area, handguns would probably be in a decent supply, but mainly as supporting units (detachments). Just because there are many cannons made in Nuln does not mean that anybody packs one.

As for the cannons, they are made in the Imperial foundry, which is directly under the control of the Emperor and the people of Nuln do not have any say on its affairs. And it produces artillery pieces for the whole Empire - it is not like they would all get stocked on the walls of Nuln. Still, the presence of it means that Nuln packs a plenty of cannons.

As for the engineers and their funky contraptions (including helblasters, helstorms and steam tanks) those belong to the Imperial engineering college in Altdorf, and do not have anything special to do with Nuln. However, there are several master gunners in the Imperial foundry.

However, one of the two arch-lectors in Empire resides in Nuln, and might well take it to accompany an army of Nuln on a major battle for the defence of the city. Being a city of learning, there are also a number of wizards and alchemists present - though not as many as in Altdorf, where the actual Colleges of Magic are located.

Of course, being wealthy and from the south, they would also have decent access to Tilean mercenaries (Dogs of War as rare choices).

ICEMANQ
25-04-2009, 07:40
Making a Nuln list wont make you many friends. It's all well and good saying "it's a themed list bro!" But it's another thing when said themed list is a blackpowder gunline. Sure, there's ways around gunlines, but gunlines aren't going to be fun for alot of people.
But go for it! Nuln colours look great.