PDA

View Full Version : 1750 HE anti VC list (testing VC list)

Fhoen
29-01-2009, 12:27
Well we're doing an army builder league and a friend of mine wanted to test his army... so i suggested i made an anti VC list
I came up with this... hope i get some feedback from u die hard guys :D

His list has Blood knights , spirit hosts , 1unit skels and some other crap

Noble :GW, Armour of caledor & guardian phoenix

Noble (BSB) : Barded steed , dragon armour , shield & lance + Battle banner

Mage : lvl 2, dispell scroll & seerstaff

20 Spearmen (FC)

20 Swordmasters of Hoeth (FC) : amulet of light & lion standard

6 Dragon Princes of Caledor (champ +stb) : Standard of balance & gem of courage

5 Dragon Princes of Caledor

2 Repeater bolt throwers

Malorian
29-01-2009, 14:33
"20 Swordmasters of Hoeth (FC) : amulet of light & lion standard"

This unit is going to be killer against him. Just be careful against those spirit host because even though you'll have magical attacks you won't wipe him out and he'll get some attacks back (depending on how many he takes).

Another thing you might want to try is a character killer to hunt down his vampires and hopefully his general.

WhiteKnight
29-01-2009, 14:40
Dude, multi charge those blood knights ASAP. They will murder us T3 elves. DPs together can hammer through almost everything. Just make sure you outnumber them and get ready to probably lose a guy or two.

Fhoen
29-01-2009, 14:42
well that's the reason for 2unit's of dragon princes with battle banner... and trying to soften them up with 2 repeater bolt throwers :)

Any negative comments on the list would be appreciated really :D

Malorian
29-01-2009, 14:51
Negatives? Well "Mage : lvl 2, dispell scroll & seerstaff" is fairly useless. There is no way you are going to get any spells off against him with just one mage so I'd turn him into a pure scroll caddy. Or, since you have ASF anyway, drop him completely and use those points to take that character killer I was talking about, or an eagle to bait the bloodknights.

Fhoen
29-01-2009, 14:54
in other words a noble with starlance on a barded elven steed?

Malorian
29-01-2009, 15:07
That would work just fine :)