PDA

View Full Version : Models and the bitz.

Hunter245
29-01-2009, 20:33
Okay I understand Ork Nobz can be upgraded into painboys. I assume these parts come in the box. But what about Wazdakka I cant find him on the GW site. Same thing with the storm boyz.

Meganobz are just regular Nobz right but with mega armor???
Same thing with the lootas and burna boyz the mek upgrade comes in the box???

I just can't find the answer on the site, or in the codex.

Finnally is there a site that tells the bitz that go with the box. Because that would answer all my questions xD.

Mannimarco
29-01-2009, 20:51
stormboyz - theres a box of them out, there are pics in last months white dwarf with the new ork characters, theryre with zagstruck

meganobz - true theyre just nobz with a ton of armour, theres a blister pack

wazdakka - no model yet but theres a pic of him in his descroption, its not hard to make him

and about painboyz, dont know if theres parts on the sprue but there are metal painboy models out there

bitz sites -

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/index.php

http://wookiehole.com/product_info.php?products_id=602&osCsid=01f43d4a73b0c59666d04aadba7266f1

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/

Hunter245
29-01-2009, 21:02
thanks , but i meant flash gitz not storm boyz xD.

Also are meks considered big meks? (i think not)

IncrediSteve
29-01-2009, 21:16
thanks , but i meant flash gitz not storm boyz xD.

Also are meks considered big meks? (i think not)

Flashgitz are another have-to-convert-it-yourself unit. Meks are normal orkboyz with a fancy for tinkering with things; Big Mekk's are almost like a Warboss who's ambition applied only to tinkering instead of bossing other orks around.

The following Ork units have no official model and must be converted:

'Ard Boyz
Flashgitz
Looted Wagons
Wazdakka
Old Zogwort

This list is way shorter than it used to be before the 4th edition Ork Codex.

The following still have old models, but are preferably converted:

Warbuggies and Wartrakks
Big Guns
Killa Kans and Deffdreads [though not that bad really]

Mannimarco
29-01-2009, 21:17
ok flash gits you have to convert, thats easy enough done by using boyz and clipping extra barrels and gunsights on to a shoota boy, use the extra armour plates from the sprues to get across the fact these guys are basically 'ard boys with cool guns, the 4th ed codex under the kill team section shows you a good squad, if you plan on making them remember that yes they can shoot but theyre still orks! give em a painboy and charge them into combat, theyre surprisingly good at it for a shooty unit

nope meks are just meks, they dont get the big meks fancy toys like the kustom force field or the shokk attack gun, imagine them to be apprentices to the big mek and you wont go far wrong

Grimtuff
29-01-2009, 21:21
ok flash gits you have to convert, thats easy enough done by using Nobz and clipping extra barrels and gunsights on to a Nob, use the extra armour plates from the sprues to get across the fact these guys are basically Nobz with cool guns

Fixed. ;)

Mannimarco
29-01-2009, 21:32
each to their own, i know theres a pic on the codex using a nob, 4th ed ruleboook uses boyz

Grimtuff
29-01-2009, 21:33
each to their own, i know theres a pic on the codex using a nob, 4th ed ruleboook uses boyz

They have the exact same stats as Nobz in the current codex. In the old one they had the stats of Boyz.

Hunter245
29-01-2009, 21:40
okay this is all very helpful, but a clarification on the meks would help. So there boyz? ( I just noticed they have the same stats.) Essantially there boyz but i should make em represent mek orks.

One final question and I'm good. Could i put a Squiq for the warboss on a chain and give the warboss a gun also.

EX: Warboss with powerclaw, combi flamer/slugga and a squiq, with eavy armor

Mannimarco
29-01-2009, 21:46
no theyre apprentice meks, meks without the coller toys

yes theres a model of that, its just the attack squig from the wargear section so yes you can have your gun, klaw and squig

IncrediSteve
29-01-2009, 21:47
Yup, you can represent the squig any way you want, even on a seperate base if you so desire. He's a wargear item, not a weapon.

Hunter245
29-01-2009, 21:50
I still do not understand how Mekboyz are represented usually. I've reread the codex part to get an idea but i dont understand what everyones saying.

IncrediSteve
29-01-2009, 21:52
I still do not understand how Mekboyz are represented usually. I've reread the codex part to get an idea but i dont understand what everyones saying.

Further Clarification: Big Mekk = HQ Choice, Mekk = Upgrade Unit. All of a Mekk's options are listed in the entry for lootas/burnas.

A Mekk is to a Loota/Burna unit what a Nob is to a unit of Slugga or Shoota boyz, just not nearly as effective.

For game purposes, Big Mekks and Mekks have absolutely nothing to do with each other, they are completely different units.

A picture says a thousand words [attached]

Mannimarco
29-01-2009, 21:57
theyre junior mekboyz studying under a big mek

Hunter245
29-01-2009, 21:58
okay thanks, i understand that but to represent them do i have to use a nob body or burna model. Or is it my choice.

Like could i use a boy add some cool stuff of my own and change its equipment to represent the mek. Or does it have to be the burna.

Thanks incridisteve you've been great

Mannimarco
29-01-2009, 22:02
the burna boy box comes with parts to make the mek IIRC although theres nothing stopping you from making your own from other parts

Mega Nutz
29-01-2009, 22:39
As long as the model your representing is modelled accordingly there should'nt be too many problems. Personally I think a ork boy would work better for a Mek whereas a Nob would make for a more imposing Big Mek, as long as his wargear/weapons are bigger/cooler!

marv335
29-01-2009, 22:48
My loota meks are both armed with big shootas using the parts from the loota/burna box.
The painboy is a metal blister (which comes with a grot orderly in the blister)

Flash Gits, I'd make from Nobs with suitably elaborate guns (and green stuff pirate hats ;))

TheMav80
30-01-2009, 01:07
Flash Gitz should be made from the nobs box. it's really easy with the new plastics. Take the combi-shooters on the sprue, and just add more bits. I cut the underslung combi part off mine and added various things. The barrel of a Necron destroyer for one. The flamers from the vehicle sprue off something else (baneblade maybe?). For three others I used the guns that hang off the side of the Bikers. Stuck them over their shoulders so they hang down. Used the Biker hands gripping the handles, with wires leading back up to the guns.

One of them has a pirate hat taken away from Broadsides Bart, from Warmachine.

Also, don't forget to give them all Git Findas. The Nob box comes with two cybork heads, so you can use those. For one I just took the cross hairs from a regular boys sprue and stuck it over his eye. Another i cut down a scope to almost just the lens and used that. Another has a Tau target array on a rig connected to his shoulder.

Lungboy
30-01-2009, 12:16
Or just buy the old Mek and Flash Git models off ebay.