PDA

View Full Version : Heroes and Fast Cav

krashreed
29-01-2009, 22:29
In the rules it says that a hero can join a fast cav unit and gain the fast cav ability. Is there a limitation on the type of mount that a hero can be on. For example if I have a Chaos lord on a Barded steed would he be able to join a chaos marauder horseman unit even though the unit could not take such high armor without losing the fast cav ability?

Neckutter
29-01-2009, 22:31
heh, i guess RAW he could be on a jugger and get fast cav!

Artinam
29-01-2009, 22:32
Yes he can but the unit moves at the lowest speed in the unit (I guess the Hero with his Barderd Horse).

Necromancy Black
29-01-2009, 23:06
Yes he can but the unit moves at the lowest speed in the unit (I guess the Hero with his Barderd Horse).

Yeah, this is basically it. You'll move like fast calvary but you'll be moving at the slowest speed inj the unit.

Lord Dan
30-01-2009, 01:09
That's something I never noticed before! What a fantastic delivery system for your uber-heroes!

Tae
30-01-2009, 04:07
That's something I never noticed before! What a fantastic delivery system for your uber-heroes!

Quite so.

I've seen a Dark Elf Lord with the Hydra Blade and Potion of Strength wipe out a unit of Chaos Chosen almost single handedly (okay so it was the CR that did it, but he caused most of that!) simply because the opponent noticed the Dark Riders, but not the character within :D

Nekrodamus
30-01-2009, 08:14
Due to the new FAQ the attached character doesn't even have to be mounted (which included not only horse type but monster mounts too)! Allthough there are only a few 'fast (M6+) characters on foot' left which are allowed to join units at all, it might be sensefull occasionally to slow down the FC dramatically to protect a single mage for example.

krashreed
30-01-2009, 10:56
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess my lord on juggernaut in a marauder khorne unit with flails just became my newest weapon.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
30-01-2009, 13:04
people dont target the fast cav unit with magic missiles and missiles? lol Seems like a fun and dirty trick. Fast cav with the battle banner lol