PDA

View Full Version : Spur of the moment 3k WoC list

Malorian
30-01-2009, 08:18
so all of a sudden I got hit with the idea of the death lord and had to make a list (it's 1:35 am here):

Sorcerer lord (389)
Lvl 4 (death)
barded steed
enchanted shield (0+ save)
spell familiar
book of secrets (death so I know all 6 spells)
conjoined homunculus
bloodcurdling roar

Chaos sorcerer (171)
Lvl 2 (death)
barded steed
infernal puppet

Chaos sorcerer (181)
Lvl 2 (death)
barded steed
rod of torment

Chaos sorcerer (135)
Lvl 2 (death)
power familiar

Khorne exalted hero (145)
chaos steed
flail

12 slaanesh warriors w/ shield, banner, musician, banner of wrath (265)
12 warriors w/ shield, banner, musician, banner of rage (245)
12 khorne warriors w/ shield, banner, musician (240)
12 khorne warriors w/ shield, banner, musician (240)
25 slaanesh marauders w/ shields, banner, musician (147)
25 slaanesh marauders w/ shields, banner, musician (147)
5 slaanesh marauder horsemen w/ shields, javelins, musician (91)
5 hounds (30)
5 hounds (30)
5 hounds (30)
5 hounds (30)

7 tzeentch chaos knights w/ banner, musician, blasted standard (370)

Spawn (55)
Spawn (55)

Total:2996

Basically just the storm of steel box plus a couple of extra boxes.

So is it ok or does it suck?

Nicha11
30-01-2009, 08:27
looks ok to me:D (now look at my list:D)

librerian_samae
30-01-2009, 08:48
looks good, my one queerie would be wouldn't it be better to try and squeeze in some halberds on the slaanesh warriors so as to take advantage of their high initiative with an upped strength of 5, Considering you have several other blocks that can act as really good anvils?

Gramolarian
30-01-2009, 09:01
Personally IŽd go with two BIG blocks of warriors ... that terror banner to one and rapturous standard to other ... then couple small unist of warriors or chosens to act as a flankers when the initial strike has been made. those flankes should then have a great weapons in arsenal in order to rip up the metal caskets that most likely are to occur against warriors. Meanin knights. Also rod of torment just ainŽt worth of its points IŽd exchange that to black tongue, since you already have infernal puppet that is only component your mage ruiners are missing ... with hell cannon battery ofcourse... though army full of mages really doesnŽt want that idiot ruining their casting day.

And I would get rid of mark of khorne ... your "battle" line will fall cause you have to send your elite warriors after a pack of hounds

Malorian
30-01-2009, 09:01
The reason for no halbreds is that I want to keep the 2+ save in combat plus I'm trying to keep this army on the cheap side ;)

One thing that bugs me is that I don't know what I would do against things like dragons... I could try to magic it to death but I don't think it would be that effective :(

librerian_samae
30-01-2009, 09:11
I see what you mean about the halberds, thats a good point, even though I can never resist them :)

For dragons how about dropping the spawn for some mark of slaanesh(/or nurgle) ogres with great weapons and chaos armour, and use OK iron guts for the minis, effective high strength, good save and durable troops.

Plus cheap to buy.

EDIT:

Might have to change a few more things than the spawn but I cant rember points etc due to no book acess at work:p

Also where were you planning on placing the characters?

And have you thought about lances for the knights? (yes I know this can be contentious but if you swapped death lore on a mage for either shadows you may be able to rush faster things in the magic phase?

Going from the last point how about swapping your khorne exalted for a slaanesh one on boobworm for hellish speed, add in a lance/some monster killy magic weapon and then kit out with armour to taste.
that may also help solve your monster woes.

Malorian
30-01-2009, 09:16
For dragons how about dropping the spawn for some mark of slaanesh(/or nurgle) ogres with great weapons and chaos armour, and use OK iron guts for the minis, effective high strength, good save and durable troops.

Plus cheap to buy.

The problem would be trying to catch him...

This also puts my expensive lord at risk if I have a dragon chasing me that I can't take out.

Edit: Can a slaanesh hero really be set up to take on dragons?

librerian_samae
30-01-2009, 09:19
Sorry managed to lose a post so merged it with the previous.

I do agree though that high speed/maneauverability monsters like dragons are a head ache.

Maybey sacraficial maruder horse men with flails (can they take these?) and mark of slaanesh?

librerian_samae
30-01-2009, 09:21
Dont see why not, they have the speed, imune to psyche and a rather nice magic weapon allowence and loads of good armour/ gubbins options (magic or otherwise).

Add this to their amazing ws and high I and you can hopefully stand a chance.

Malorian
30-01-2009, 09:24
They can take flails but it doesn't matter as the large target can charge what ever it wants.

Makes me wonder if I should put my lord on a dragon (forcing the other one to play a game of catch), but then I have to free up a LOT of points... (most likely both spawn and a unit of warriors...)

As far as character placement goes the lord would join the fast cav if there isn't much shooting, or a block of warriors if there is. The other sorcerers would join what ever block they want (other than the khorne ones). The khorne hero (character killer) would go where ever he is needed really. Or join the knights for some fun ;)

librerian_samae
30-01-2009, 09:26
Sounds good to me, sorry I couldn't be more helpfull with the anti dragon ideas though.

good luck with the army.:D

Whitehorn
30-01-2009, 10:18
Got a comment before I got passed your lord.

Book of secrets has a nasty negative. I can understand needing all 6 spells from death (say, if you had black tongue and wanted your wound back), but why do you need it so much here?

Why no champions for your marauders?

Malorian
30-01-2009, 10:26
As I said, historically I have been on the side that you don't need to know all the spells and that paying for it is a waste. In this case however it just seems worth it... you take away the randomness of the book of secrets and get an extre PD out of the deal as well.

I also love the trick of moving up the knights, casting doom and darkness on a unit that shouldn't matter, and then add walking death to make the knightscause terror, thus making that first units having to test on their turn at -3. I know it's a one trick pony, but this would just be another option. I can always just magic missile my opponent to death if they won't let me have fun ;)

As for the champs, I just didn't seem to have the extra points.