PDA

View Full Version : Khorne army without magic support. Asking for advice

SOTIRIOS
30-01-2009, 09:51
I just started playing warhammer as I used to be a 40k player for the last 15 years. Is it a viable option to play a dedicated to Khorne army(2000p) without magic support? You know I like fluff...and Khorne does not seem to like Tzeentch and his magic users...

Red_Dog
30-01-2009, 11:15
'Not like' is quite an understatement, he despises magic, it's for weaklings.
It is perfectly ok to make a Khorne-only army without magic, infact it is the only way you can play Khorne I think.

SOTIRIOS
30-01-2009, 11:34
Any advice on how to contain better the enemy magic attacks?

Neknoh
30-01-2009, 11:37
Use Horsemen and Warhounds for screens and assassination of enemy mages.

Use two Exalted Champions for your only heroes, one of them with a Collar of Khorne, the other with the Favour of the Blood God, place these in your units that you feel need the magic protection. Knights or Warriors are usually ideal targets to place these characters in.

If you truly do want a super killy mashy monster as well, a Lord on Jugger with a Shield, the Daemonsword and the Golden Eye of Tzeentch is deffinately something to consider, being able to mash enemu units with relative ease, we are looking at a true beast here.

Red_Dog
30-01-2009, 11:43
That's the problem with Khorne, you can't really counter magic since you have no magic of yourself.
You have some units with anti-magic items and a Magic Resistance, but they are not that useful.
Khorne is made to get up close very fast and then bash skulls or sever heads.

edit: What Neknoh said is about all you can do against magic.
Collar of Khorne is good, but magic is and always will be the weak part of Khorne armies.
Not that I care, Blood for the Blood God!

SOTIRIOS
30-01-2009, 12:03
Thanks alot for your kind and fast responses! Blooooood the blooooood God

Harwammer
30-01-2009, 12:08
Do it the khorne way and just kill the wizards. Marauder cav with mark of khorne, flails and no champion nor standard are good for this.

Another option is to take a hell cannon or two; when they misfire they force wizards to miscast.

Sadly khorne got made a bit weaker in a recent FAQ because magic resistant only works on spells speficically targetting the magic resistant unit, so magic resistance can no longer be used to counter area of affect spells.

Good luck!