PDA

View Full Version : 2K Chaos Dwarfs C&C welcome

Amr40
30-01-2009, 11:43
hey just typed up this list for CD [army book obtainable from the GW NNZ website, or at least it was...]

chaos dwarf lord W.sheild, black hammer of hashut, Armour of the forge, great taurus [mount]

3 x Chaos dwarf scorcerers
one with 2x dispel scroll, another with staff of sorcery and the last has chalice of darkness

20 x chaos dwarfs with great weapons + full command + banner of slavery
20 x chaos dwarfs with great weapons + full command
20 x chaos dwarfs with great weapons + full command

30 x hobgoblins
30 x hobgoblins

6 x hob. Bolt throwers

Earthshaker

C&C welcome

librerian_samae
30-01-2009, 11:50
Nice list,
although I would try to drop a few bolt throwers and try to take some hobgob wolf riders with bows, this helps you out with mobility and march blocking whilst simultaniously cutting out the sheer shudder factor of 6 :eek: bolt throwers.

I love the death rockets so if you still want to load up on warmachines try a mix of 1 death rocket to however many bolt throwers.

Also maybey swap out one Chaos dwarf warrior unit for one with blunder busses for those units who dare try and come too close or out flank :evilgrin:

w3rm
01-02-2009, 14:42
Yes for chaos dwarfs to be competeive you need at least 6 levels of magic. If you want more advice go here- www.chaos-dwarfs.com

Time of Madness
01-02-2009, 15:04
Well I don't think you need 6 magic levels to make them effective? In a 2000pt game a single scroll caddy is often enough. I think you have spent too many points on magic defence. I'd look at dropping down to two sorcerors and taking a bsb.

6 bolt throwers is a little much in my opinion. Maybe look at taking 4 with a death rocket for some varierty.

I really dislike the idea of the great weapons on the warriors. A shield gives them a 3+ save in combat. Combine that with T4 and they are great anvils.

Look at spliting your hobgoblins into 3 units of 20. Gives you another unit to deploy and gives you a little more flexibility.

Check out my current list for some ideas. I have a combat heavy list as well, but without hobgoblins.

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180909

Time of Madness

Amr40
02-02-2009, 08:43
I think you have spent too many points on magic defence.

to be fair, yes i think i have.but all the armiese palyed in our store contain lots a magic [tzeentch daemons, high elves , VC's] so i'm going to need it but i would swap out for any tournaments etc. as i dont think that much is needed either.

I really dislike the idea of the great weapons on the warriors. A shield gives them a 3+ save in combat. Combine that with T4 and they are great anvils.

in the unit entry it states that you can "give them great axes for +2 pts" only blunderbusses swap out for the shield so they retain it if they get great weapons. the idea is that in the first turn of combat i use shield and hand wepaon, unless i charge in which case i use great weapons, to stave off most of the damage thne hit back because at I2 we might as well use great weapons becausewe're hitting last most of the time

Look at spliting your hobgoblins into 3 units of 20. Gives you another unit to deploy and gives you a little more flexibility

done and done, will be changed in next writing up of list

will be trying this list tomorrow [tuesday] to see how it works another uopdate on wednesday

Time of Madness
02-02-2009, 09:03
You can't switch weapons midway through a combat. So that strat is no good. Leave the great weapons at home, it will save you some points anyways.
Time of Madness

Amr40
03-02-2009, 08:56
huh, so you can't i alwyas assumed you could as stormvermin [my first army is skaven] had halberds and handweapons and it made sense to give them 2 and then be able to change but neh, okay no great weapons, split up the hobgoblin squads nito 3 rather than 2, and try and get a BSB in there?