PDA

View Full Version : How many stupidity tests?

skank
30-01-2009, 11:46
If you have a multiple stupid characters, say DE nobles on cold ones in a unit. How many stupidity tests are there to take?

page 78 in the BRB
"if a character subject to stupidity fails this test while he is within a unit...Seems o say you test for each stupid character in a non-stupid unit.

but on page 52
"make a test for each unit of stupid troops" , and since he's part of the unit when he joins them (BRB page 72: "a character is allowed to join a friendly unit of troops ... he becomes part of that unit"), and the other character as well, you'd only need to take one stupidity test for the entire unit?

A noble on cold one in a unit of cold ones only take one test right?

What's the correct way?

Necromancy Black
30-01-2009, 11:57
Hmmm....always played it as one test. A character in a unit gives the unti stupidity and a unit gives the character stupdity. So in the end it's one whole stupid unit both ways so we've always just taken a single test. Never seen it different.

Cambion Daystar
30-01-2009, 11:58
Only 1 test for the entire unit + characters

EldarBishop
30-01-2009, 12:52
Agreed, I've only ever played (and seen played) as just a single test per unit

Joe Cool
30-01-2009, 15:03
What if there are two stupid heroes in a non-stupid unit? Still one test only?

stripsteak
30-01-2009, 15:08
Hmmm....always played it as one test. A character in a unit gives the unti stupidity and a unit gives the character stupdity. So in the end it's one whole stupid unit both ways so we've always just taken a single test. Never seen it different.

that's not completely accurate.

stupid character joins non stupid unit.
character fails the test then the unit suffers from stupidity.

non stupid character in stupid unit
if the unit fails the test. the character moves with them, can not leave them, and can not shoot. but does not suffer from stupidity so can still cast.

Braad
30-01-2009, 16:46
"Make a test for each unit"
When a character, or more, join a unit, they become one unit, not several units inside another.

Condottiere
30-01-2009, 17:26
Normally, stupidity only becomes relevant for movement, and then it's the highest leadership.

I've never had a caster join a unit subject to stupidity, so I'm not sure if he can cast while the rest of the gang are stupid.

EldarBishop
30-01-2009, 17:43
IIRC, unless they've changed it from 6th (haven't got my book handy), the non-stupid character in the unit is still able to act normally (shoot and cast) but cannot move or leave the unit.

stripsteak
30-01-2009, 18:41
IIRC, unless they've changed it from 6th (haven't got my book handy), the non-stupid character in the unit is still able to act normally (shoot and cast) but cannot move or leave the unit.

non stupid characters in a stupid unit that fails the test moves with the unit, can not leave it, can not shoot, but may cast spells.

skank
30-01-2009, 20:20
Thats great, thanks all.

Braad
30-01-2009, 20:30
I never fielded a caster in a stupid unit, but I did once have a stupid caster as my general: Azhag! 1 turn normal movement, 3 turns stupid, 2 turns stuck in forest, and only line of sight spells. Excellent!

Condottiere
30-01-2009, 23:36
I never fielded a caster in a stupid unit, but I did once have a stupid caster as my general: Azhag! 1 turn normal movement, 3 turns stupid, 2 turns stuck in forest, and only line of sight spells. Excellent!And this is different from normal Orc behaviour?:evilgrin:

Odlox
30-01-2009, 23:47
What if you got a stupid unit with a stupid character, and the enemy got pandemonium in play? Will you test on the LD of the character or the other models?

nosferatu1001
31-01-2009, 08:09
You can alwyas use the leadership of the character in the unit, as long as they are in the front rank (unless skaven)

stripsteak
31-01-2009, 16:32
actually nosferatu he's asking in a situation where you can't use the characters leadership for the unit. pandemonium prevents you from using the leadership of your characters for your units.

i'd personally play it that you would do the stupidity test for the character since if he remains intelligent he can wrangle the rest of the unit. similar to a mounted creature.

The Red Scourge
01-02-2009, 10:51
i'd personally play it that you would do the stupidity test for the character since if he remains intelligent he can wrangle the rest of the unit. similar to a mounted creature.

You would have to use the units Ld, as they cannot benefit from the characters Ld. Despite his intelligence the character will be swept kicking and screaming along by the drooling horde.

The breaking point is that there is only one unit. It may have two Ld stats, but one is put out effect by Pandaemonium.