PDA

View Full Version : Craftworld Lugganath

Crowned
30-01-2009, 17:24
Since playing DoW2, one particular name/scheme caught my eye, that of the Lugganath.

The Lexi (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lugganath) notes "It has ties with the Harlequins, for the Lugganath Eldar hope to abandon this galaxy, starting a new civilization within the webway." and cites both the 5th Edition Rulebook and the 4th Edition Eldar Codex, but after looking at both, I couldn't find any more info on them other than a Starmap showing their location in Ultima Segmentum.

So, does anyone else have any other information on these?

InfidelYankee
30-01-2009, 18:17
The only other thing I know about them is that they temporarily lost control of their warpgates and were almost wiped out by demons.

Bregalad
30-01-2009, 19:29
Eldar Codex:
p.77 has this sentence and painting scheme
p.15 (and p.154 of 5th edition rulebook) shows location of craftworld.
Guess that there is no other information on this craftworld.

Crowned
30-01-2009, 19:34
Anyone here ever fielded a Lugganath army? The scheme is pretty sexy imo

Poetress
11-03-2009, 02:20
I've read that, they think of the webway as there home. I'm starting an Army of them. My first 40k/any miniature type RPG period.

Starchild
11-03-2009, 02:26
The only other thing I know about them is that they temporarily lost control of their warpgates and were almost wiped out by demons.

Full story:

Around 30,000 AD (roughly the time of the Horus Heresy, shortly after the Fall) Lugganath was attacked by daemons who managed to enter the Webway. The Craftworld sent its titan legion (Fir Iolarion) against the horde. Lugganath defeated the daemons, but the Fir Iolarion was reduced to being the weakest Eldar titan clan. However, through perseverance the Fir Iolarion (Eagles Born of Fire) increased their former power ten-fold. The clan's leaders regard the daemonic attack as a baptism of fire.

The Fir Iolarion colour scheme is dark blue with gold edging. The symbol is an eagle emerging out of a fire storm with wings outstretched.

(source: Codex Titanicus)

Bree
07-12-2011, 12:55
I am curious too About Lugganath. Im Trying to Make an army that suits the theam. since there isnt too much info on them i have flexiblity with what models to use. Its a semi Elfzilla list with some more shooty units. However I started painting The Saim-Hann style I don't think adding orange high lights will be too difficult. As too stripping and re-painting. but the 1st rought draft of my 2K Lugganath list is as follows;

Eldrad &
4 Warlocks Enhance 1Destructor, (Falcon)

5 Rangers
10 Wraithguard spiritseer enhance or conceal
10 Stormguards 2Flamers, Lock Enhance Singing spear
(Wave Serpent TL BL, S-Cannon, Spirit Stones.)

8 Harequins 8 Kisses, Shadowseer, Fusion pistol

Wraithlord 2 Flamers, BL, Scatter laser
Wraithlord 2 Flamers, S-Cannon, Scatter laser
Falcon BL, S-Cannon, Holo-Field, Spirit stones

From what i read i feel this list suits the Craftworld theam. When i hear warp+ Eldar ithink of Wraith units, Farseers, locks, Rangers and Harlequins. Now im just looking for thier Decals rather not have to hand paint thier Craftworld rune

Sildani
07-12-2011, 17:37
Lugganath decals here. (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/03/lugganath-craftworld-logo-sheet.html)