PDA

View Full Version : Iquisition stormtroopers vs SM scouts

Emperors Tears
31-01-2009, 00:00
Ok, so I play SM and I wanted to start to bulk-up my troops section with some cheap/effective choices. Stormtroopers seem to be the better option due to the low cost and for some extra ap2 fire-power. SM scouts are pretty good at flanking and just sitting on an objective, but that is about it. Any advice on which is the better option?

Hicks
31-01-2009, 00:12
Ok, so I play SM and I wanted to start to bulk-up my troops section with some cheap/effective choices. Stormtroopers seem to be the better option due to the low cost and for some extra ap2 fire-power. SM scouts are pretty good at flanking and just sitting on an objective, but that is about it. Any advice on which is the better option?

Oops, that's your problem, both aren't exactly effective for their cost. Stormtroopers can pack a punch with 2 plasmaguns, but they are pretty much a sacrificial units as the are really easy to kill. Don't expect them to do much more than kill 3 MEQS or hurt a MC and then die attrociously.

Hlokk
31-01-2009, 00:19
I'd personally go for storm troopers.

Higher BS, same armour, still packing AP5 weaponry, a good few points cheaper per model, plus the option to take special weaponry.

Your loosing out on S and T, and on the option of taking sniper rifles, but with the points you save, you can be packing 2 plasma weapons which will make a mess of lots of things.

plus it gives you the chance to paint something different :D

Warboss Antoni
31-01-2009, 00:36
The SM can take storm troopers? Or is it through allies with the inq...

I'd honestly go for scouts. ST can do nothing your tacs can't, and even if you do want something cheaper take a look at sisters, much better for a point more.