PDA

View Full Version : Skaven, 2000

petpetpetpet
31-01-2009, 10:27
Haven't played Fantasy in ages because I suxx at it, anyway here's a list looking for helps/tips on how to improve it:

2000 Points

Characters

Grey Seer
Eye of the horned rat, dispel scroll, tenebrous cloak.

Assassin
Warpstone throwing stars.

Warlock engineer
All gear but pistol, stormdaemon, dispel scroll.

Core

25 Clanrats
STandard, musician, ratling gun.

25 Clanrats
Standard musician, ratling gun.

20 Slaves
Musician.

20 Slaves
Musician.

5 Nightrunners
Additional handweapons

5 Nightrunners
Additional handweapons

3 Globadiers

1 Giant Rat Pack.

Special

3 Gutter Runners
Poisoned handweapons, tunnel team.

3 Gutter Runners

25 Plague Monks
Full command, additional handweapons, banner of burning hatred.

8 Jezzails.

Rare

Warplightning Cannon

7 Plague Censer Bearers

Thanks

Shamfrit
31-01-2009, 10:40
Grey Seer
Eye of the horned rat, dispel scroll, tenebrous cloak.

This is a good start, however, due to the Tenebrous Cloak only offering a Ward Save vs. Missiles, the Warpstone Amulet would be more prudent for your General. By all means, there's a disgustingly slim chance he might die after the game, but a 4+ ward vs all attacks, including his own spells going wrong (Warp Lightning) is much, much, much better, and slightly cheaper too.

Assassin
Warpstone throwing stars.

I personally don't like Assassins, as they're currently too expensive and outclassed in combat by even the most rudimentary of heroes. A Cheiftain BSB with Heavy Armour and the Warbanner would support your lack of higher leadership through having the Greyseer, and keep your infantry line more consistant, and it's cheaper to boot at 99 points.

Warlock engineer
All gear but pistol, stormdaemon, dispel scroll.

Fine and Dandy, normally I'd run a Warlord and 2 Engineers, but since you've got the Seer one is absolutely fine.

Core

25 Clanrats
STandard, musician, ratling gun.

25 Clanrats
Standard musician, ratling gun.

20 Slaves
Musician.

20 Slaves
Musician.

My only suggestion here would be to drop the musicians on the slaves, LD3 is no better than LD2, and use the points saved from your characters to give the Clanrat units unti Champions, and house your Seer and Engineer in these units, this will protect them from challenges for a turn - something you'll need.

5 Nightrunners
Additional handweapons

5 Nightrunners
Additional handweapons

Don't bother with the additional handweapons, and use them purely as screens, march blockers and meatshields - the points invested in giving them these upgrades is never, ever, worth it - I have tried Nightrunner Swarms, believe you me, and only ever found Slings to be useful upgrades for them - so in that, I suggest taking two units of 6, with Slings, for march-blocking, and some fire support too.

3 Globadiers

1 Giant Rat Pack.

Find the tactica on Rat Torpedoes if you're going to use a single Rat Pack - personally, I'd take another unit of 3 Globadiers, for the same cost, to give your Clanrats some anti-armour support, keep them hidden behind your blocks until something approaches, then pop them out (you can move 5" without penalty due to them being thrown weapons) and deliver the crucial blow hopefully.

Special

3 Gutter Runners

3 Gutter Runners

Poisoned Handweapons will do very very little, considering 6 attacks, odds are no more than 1 or 2 poisoned attacks, and since you're usually sending them after war machines, you're likely not going to need them - keep them cheap, and use the points saved to add another man to the team if possible.

25 Plague Monks
Full command, additional handweapons, banner of burning hatred.

Without a character to protect you're not going to need the cost of the champion - it's one extra S3 attack; not currently worth it for your army as a whole - switch to the Umbranner should you expect shooting, as the Plaguemonks will get it coming to them - and the Banner of Burning Hatred is like giving your Monks animosity on crack - but it's your call.

8 Jezzails.

Personally such a large unit of Jezzails is a huge liability. Split them into two units of 4, not only to give you another deployment option, but to limit losses should the unit come under fire or get involved in a conflict with skirmishers/flyers etc. Two units of 4 can provide an almost field expanding crossfire.

Warplightning Cannon

7 Plague Censer Bearers

This is fine, and identical to what I take for rares :D

Overall an effective army - good luck with it!