PDA

View Full Version : 40k in central CT

tstreet21
31-01-2009, 18:05
I just finished buying a house in Bristol, CT and moving in (and its been a blast with this weather), after gaming in Manchester on and off for a number of years. found a store in Southington through WD but the owner seems to be reluctant to push for a weekend 40k league. have talked with him a couple of times, and it seems he has a core group that plays on Wednesday nights but starts before I get out of work, and rotates games between fantasy, 40k, and Flames of War, and it sounds like the same people play D&D on Fridays or Saturdays as well so he doesn't want burn them out. which is understandable but frustrating.

so anyways, I am looking to start up a small (8-10 people) league that would play either Saturday or Sunday, probably late morning into early afternoon to try and get some new blood into the store and show the guy that people will show up and play if he lets them. please PM me if you have any interest

thanks.

Rydmend
01-02-2009, 03:18
If you were a little more south nearer to new haven I could help you out but flagship is a little far for me.

tstreet21
01-02-2009, 03:45
yeah, its great looking at the store map on the GW site, its like everything curves around where I am now. I've never been to DJ's in Wallingford or Hobbytown in North Haven, is there any regular games there? Wallingford isn't that bad for me, about 20 minutes, not sure about north haven I think Manchester might be closer.

isn't North Haven the one always on the news for shootings? or is that Fair Haven and New Haven. flippin pilgrims.

Rydmend
01-02-2009, 04:40
yeah, its great looking at the store map on the GW site, its like everything curves around where I am now. I've never been to DJ's in Wallingford or Hobbytown in North Haven, is there any regular games there? Wallingford isn't that bad for me, about 20 minutes, not sure about north haven I think Manchester might be closer.

isn't North Haven the one always on the news for shootings? or is that Fair Haven and New Haven. flippin pilgrims.

Probably thinking of New Haven, since its a city on par with hartford (they are both pretty crime heavy in areas) North haven and Fair Haven are pretty quiet.

North Haven is pretty close to me but I haven't been there so I'm not too sure what it like. If I do go to a comic store (which isn't ofter) to play it is Clockwork comics in Milford but that is pretty far from you. If hobby town in North Haven had some gaming tables I'd be willing to meet you some time for a game.

Grand Master Raziel
01-02-2009, 05:49
Here you go, guys. (http://www.ct40k.com/index.php) It's a site for folks like us, newly started by vets of the recently-closed Buckland Hills Mall GW Store.

tstreet21
01-02-2009, 15:29
thanks for the link checking it out now