PDA

View Full Version : The Zanatorian Machine Cult Project Log

Proiteus
31-01-2009, 18:32
Most of you will have seen my previous armies such as the ĎDarkmakersí and their undead marines and the Grot Rebellion.

Iím now working on my latest project which is an army with a Mechanicus theme that Iíve wanted to do for a long time. For this project I plan to keep a log of my process for all of you guys to see. So letís get started.

The Theme
Like all of my armies this one started with a simple conversion which was a robotic drone for the game ĎInquisitorí called the ĎDragooní it was small fast and very hard to hit. So I built 3 more of them and my war band ended up consisting of a techpriest controlling 4 small drones, it was awesome.

http://th05.deviantart.com/fs7/300W/i/2005/228/a/d/Inquisitor_Model_Dragoon_by_Proiteus.jpg http://th06.deviantart.com/fs6/300W/i/2005/041/f/a/No_Escape_by_Proiteus.jpg

After a few years most players had grown tired of Inquisitor and my ĎDragoonsí where gathering dust. It was then the thought occurred to me: ďHow cool would it be to build an army for 40k based on this concept?Ē It was then that I decided to create a Mechanicus cult army called the ĎZanatoriansí.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs13/300W/i/2006/356/a/7/The_Zanatorian__s_Background_by_Proiteus.jpg

The fluff behind the Zanatorians is solid they are a renegade group of techpriests who believe that mankind must evolve to a new level of evolution in order to survive the inevitable fall of the Imperium, this can only be achieved through the use of powerful technology. The Zanatorians originally claimed independence from the Imperium and settled on a small system on the outskirts of Imperial space where they founded a small highly technologically advanced civilisation. However it wasnít long before the Imperium located them and carried out a great purge of the system.

Despite this the Zanatorians survived and now exist in secret continuing their research towards robotics and other forbidden technology. Most of them are housed in colossal sized spaceships which they call ĎSanctuary Worldsí. The leaders of the cult are the Machine Lords often working in pairs to fulfil their overall objective.
ďTo save mankind from its own destruction!Ē

The Army

First thing was choosing the best list for the theme, at first Iíd looked at Witch-Hunters: Converting the sisters into cybernetic warriors and having acts of faith represent ĎActs of the Machine Godí overall it sounded pretty solid.

Then the Blood Angels codex was released and the idea of having the Dragoons flying round with the techpriest was excellent. However the Dragoon model was far too small to represent a space marine so it was back to the drawing board.

I then settled on using the Necron Codex, what better list for an army of robots. So it was then on to the next step, the miniatures.

The Mock Models

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/087/2/b/Zanatorian_Miniatures_by_Proiteus.jpg

Going from the left...

The Machine Lord
I had a bit of trouble in thinking of a good looking miniature that looked like a Techpriest by still lookedÖ. Necrony? Luckily I came up with this dark mysterious miniature that supports my warrior squads at the far back of the field.

The Harbingers (Immortals)
This was my favourite conversion out the lot it looked unique and was not bad considering it was made from metal.

The Dragoons (Warriors)
As Iíve mentioned this is where the idea of the Zanatorian Machine Cult came from, The Warriors were the hardest to covert they either looked too much like a heavy battle droid from star wars or something from IROBOT they just didnít look unique so I decided to use my old Dragoon design.

The Destroyer Tank (Destroyers)
All plastic, cheap, easy to build and look fantastic!

Models that were not yet completed

The Mobile War Factory/Citadel (Monolith)
For this conversion I plan to use two Monolith bases and sandwich the parts from the Manufactorum building in between them mounting the turrets on the top half with the powerful tesla coil like weapon built in the middle. With any luck this will be one of the best models Iíve ever made.

Forger (Tomb Spyders)
The idea is still up on the drawing board so far I thought of using the tomb Spyders legs and a Tau drone to create the lower body: Tau Online - Crayfish I also plan to use the Spyderís arms problem is, what to use a torso that would fit and suit the lower torso, suggestions anyone?
Another more recent idea is to use one of the old Rogue Trader dreads seen here: http://www.solegends.com/citcat88/4104spacemarines-01.jpg as the base for the conversion replacing the arms with that of a tomb Spyder and perhaps mounting it on tracks.

DISASTER!
These were the models and I was very happy with them and ready to start construction of the army in February last year, then disaster! The bits discontinuation happened without warning and the entire project was shattered! I stopped working on the Zanatorians for a while hoping to come up with a solution that didnít rely on metal or non gw bits. During this time however I created the Darkmakers but unlike the Grots despite being a heavily converted and well painted army they did not win an award for Best Army, this made me more deter mended to make the Mechanicus my best army yet!

Thatís the end of the first part, feel free to critique my work so far. I will upload a new part in a few days.

Proiteus
03-02-2009, 11:29
Part 2: Back To The Drawing Board

Thanks to Games Workshop I was now back to the Drawing board on one of the most difficult conversions in the armyís theme. While the conversions for the most of the Necron units were brilliant, it was still proving very hard to convert a model to represent the Necron Warrior without it looking too much like a marine or something from IROBOT.

At first I sought to create a replacement for the Tomb Spyder head and had a model sculpted based on a 3D concept I had created...

http://th09.deviantart.com/fs37/300W/f/2008/268/7/2/72de700c723472cda604b1851c245c69.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs28/i/2008/172/2/9/Dragoon_Mk2_Model_COMMENTS__by_Proiteus.jpg

However I later realized that it looked more like a robot build for construction and repair rather than for fighting purposes. Plus although original it was lacking in detail and I thought it best to save it for a representing a new unit in the new Necron codex (which I thought would be out Xmas last year).

Another concept for the warrior conversions came from a friend of mine on the site Deviantart who converted for me an interesting spider like robot.

http://th07.deviantart.com/fs37/300W/i/2008/270/7/c/Dragoons_for_Proiteus_scale_by_WordBearer.jpghttp://th08.deviantart.com/fs36/300W/i/2008/270/e/c/Dragoons_for_Proiteus_above_by_WordBearer.jpg

I loved it as it reminded me of the ĎTachikomaí robots from a favourite anime series of mine called ĎGhost In The Shellí. But then another obstacle for the project appeared which were the 5th edition rules. This caused me to ditch the spider robot because with the true line of sight rules a robot that short would be a nuisance for both me and my opponent.

None of my ideas for the warrior conversion were showing any signs of success and it was beginning to prove impossible being restricted from using non GW miniatures and metal components. But i soon came up with an interesting soloution!

In the next part Iíll reveal how I finally came up with a conversion to represent the Warriors.

can't_decide
03-02-2009, 23:07
Came here from your marines log, and this is great stuff too!

t-tauri
03-02-2009, 23:12
Your destroyer looks too much like a Necron bodied destroyer for me. The hull section looks too much like the original arrangement. Maybe a different basis for the floating section?

The rest look great.

Proiteus
03-02-2009, 23:31
Your destroyer looks too much like a Necron bodied destroyer for me. The hull section looks too much like the original arrangement. Maybe a different basis for the floating section?

I've realised that myself and I'm planning to add a bumper like the one on the Land Speeder to the front using plastic card, hopefully this will get solve the problem and make it look a less like a necron destroyer.

Proiteus
04-02-2009, 19:34
Part Three: The Warriors Emerge

As mentioned in my pervious entries I was having trouble coming up with an interesting conversion that would represent a Necron warrior in my renegade Mechanicus army. Previous concepts were faulted due to poor availability, high and looking too much like another miniature.

I continued to search for inspiration in films, games and books. The Horus Heresy Art Books were a great help and I soon came across this piece of artwork for a Mechanicus robotic unit.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/025/d/8/We_Dig_Giant_Robots_by_Proiteus.jpg
Artwork Copyrighted to GW

It was then I remembered the old knight titan models from the old epic range, they were the perfect base for converting a robotic warrior and because they were plastic theyíd be easier to convert.

First thing I did was replace its weapons with a pair of Gauss Blasters both were shortened down and while one had the gun barrel attached to represent the ranged weapon the other had two Necron feet either side to create a claw like weapon, which I thought was a stroke of genius.
Another good idea was for the head, the epic knights all had a fixed head facing forwards which looked awful. I thought over whether or not to take the chance and cut it off with a model saw and replace it altogether with a head that could be posed. Then while looking through my bits box I came across an empty Cadian helmet and I placed it over the head facing down. It worked a treat! It was just lose enough to pose and had space for robotic eyes to be added which I used the space marine scout visor for and it suited the rest of the model perfectly.

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs35/f/2008/300/b/8/b8bff4f8f14eecbdfcdf70ae829765bb.jpg

Overall it didnít look right the eyes looked goofy and the thought of having 30 of them in the same stance wasnít going to look good at all.
Some people also noticed how it looked similar to the robot from Lost in Space which is correct; he has always been my favourite robot so he has had a lot of influence on the armyís design such as the blue metallic color scheme.

http://www.jeffbots.com/S-MATT1.JPG

I immediately went about improving the robotís eyes and legs. The eyes were easy as I replaced the goofy scout visor with the tip of a Tau rifle, which I placed it on vertically instead of horizontally to appear less human that the other one.
The legs however were a challenge, at first I thought about making them hover with some wires hanging beneath them. But in the end it proved too difficult to model successfully, especially since Iíd have to do it 30 times. I then decided to go with the simple solution of replacing the top part of the legs with that of the Necron warriors. I used green stuff to model wires on the back to help improve it a bit. By doing this I would be able to pose the ]legs slightly so not every robot would be in the same pose. I also replaced the bolter scope on the shoulder with a part leftover from the titanís original weaponry.

The end result was a fantastic and original miniature that Iím very proud of. The Iron Guard Robot was born

[Sorry File Lost!]

However I did have two main problems with the final model: 1. The model was very short so I had to buy some resin bases to increase their height to avoid them being overshadowed by guardsmen. 2. Epic Knights are very expensive to get a hold of, overall I believe Iíve spend £60 getting 32 of them off eBay but in the end Iíll have a truly unique looking army so it will be worth it.

Although I donít have time to construct the full army at the moment due to university work, Iím currently working on improving the armyís overall appearance. This includes improving my painting skills and making big changes to the Destroyer and Lord model, all of which youíll see in the next part.

Proiteus
04-02-2009, 22:08
Zanatorian Interceptors
The newest edition to the army's conversions. These guys represent Scarab swarms and were made using the BFG Dreadclaw Assault Pods from Forgeworld, which I was quite pleased with.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs39/i/2008/331/6/e/Zanatorian_Interceptor_Robots_by_Proiteus.jpg

Proiteus
06-02-2009, 22:12
Part Four: Improvements
With the modeling part working out well I decided to focus on improving my painting skills as I did not want the armyís quality to be brought down due to poor painting. I started by posting some images of the ĎIron Guardí robot on two painting forums and asking how it could be improved, someone suggested that I lighten up the bases to help the models stand out more. Iíve done this and it has really helped, Iíve also started using a bit of blending which Iíve never used before on the solid areas such as the blue areas. Youíll see an improved version later.

While improving my painting I went back to redo the Machine Lord model as you can see from the first post he was to be honest very dull and boring so I brightened his robes up, changed a few bits such as his head and added the model I originally planned to use for my Warriors on to the base. Much better donít you think?

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs38/i/2008/364/4/8/Zanatorian_Machine_Lord_Model_by_Proiteus.jpg

Iím currently working on a plastic conversion to represent a Necron Immortal as well as experimenting with an earlier concept and my Mobile Fortress (Monolith) concept, which will be posted shortly

sheep
06-02-2009, 22:22
Interesting concept, and the models look cool. Good luck mass producing the warriors.

Cheers

Sheep

Proiteus
09-02-2009, 20:22
Part Five: The Mobile Fortress

This will hopefully be the centre piece of my army so I donít want to rush it, but I would like to get some feedback on the conversion concept which is why I put together these photos of a rough build of the model.

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs40/i/2009/035/0/e/Mobile_Fortress_Rough_Concept_by_Proiteus.jpg

Iíve provided detailed descriptions of each of the parts.

The Main Body: The main hull of the Mobile Fortress is parts from a city of death set sandwiched between two monolith bases, each attached to a sheet of plastic card to support the overall structure (however I could not include the lower part in the rough build) using plastic card to fill up the gaps.

The Turrets: Iíll be placing the 4 turrets from the monolith set inside tank hatches. Iím thinking of adding features such as wires coming out the back of the turrets, a targeter on the top and even magnetising them so that they can be moved round.

The Main Weapon: The biggest problem with this conversion is thinking of what to represent that massive crystal and itís ablites with. My ideas have includedÖ
Tesla Weapon (Seen in photo): It was created using a Eldar weapon and although it looks the part Iím still exploring other options.
Missile Launcher: First time I thought of this idea I considered using this IG missile tank turret as my main weapon: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/manttank.htm But since all other units were fitted with energy weapons it didnít fit it.
Radar Dome: This was my favourite as I feel it would look very natural on the model, as for the monolithís ordnance I could say it was calling in a bombardment.

I really would like some feedback on this model especially for the Mobile Fortressí main weapon?

OutOfContext
09-02-2009, 20:37
That's incredible! :eek:

I like the idea of a radar dish myself. Fitting and a bit more unique.

Proiteus
12-02-2009, 11:56
Part Six: The Elite

I'll get back to the Monolith/Mobile Fortress at a later date. Some of you may remember my Harbinger model featured in part 1 that was to represent an Immortal but due to GW bits discontinuation I was unable to construct more of them. However because of this I was forced to create an even better model.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/030/0/9/Zanatorian_Dragoon_Mk3_Model_by_Proiteus.jpg

I was struggling to come up with a way of creating a new model to represent the Immortal. Then luckily I came across someone else who had also converted a Mechanicus army online using the plastic Epic Knights, it was a terminator army and he had used the terminator arms and tau stealth suit legs on the main torso of the knight. This had made them look a lot more tougher so I decided to try this out.
It came out perfectly, I then cut out the lower part of the arm and replaced it with the main part of the Gauss weapon attaching the cable to the bottom of the gun. It took me a while to find a suitable barrel for the weapon to represent itís increased strength, I eventually chose to use the small part of a Tau gun drone as I could imagine it spinning round before firing.
When it came to the head at first I tried to put four eyes on it instead of two but that proved too difficult to manage so I settled for a large one to make it look more menacing.
I still have doubts about the paint scheme though, I choose to paint the parts of the model white because I felt it would make it stand out from the basic warriors and make it look more elite. However white is a pain to paint well and Iím not sure whether to paint in dark grey instead?

As always you feedback is very important into the development of this army.

Thatís enough for the moment, in my next post Iíll be asking for your opinion on which is the best model for representing my Scarabs ĎThe Interceptorsí or a new robot that Iíve recently converted?

warhound
12-02-2009, 12:17
After seeing your original 'tombspider' heads in the local shop, I was concerned (as voiced) about the direction that you were going in.

I am a lot less so now!:-)

Great use of parts on the new droid model (tau, terminator and knight) and the floating fortress is very inkeeping with the newer fluff that has come out of the blac library in reference to ADMECH and DARKMECH. The Necron bases will prob need a bit of imperialising, but otherwise, really like it!

keep it up!

cheers

WaR'hound

Proiteus
13-02-2009, 15:26
Part Seven: The Little Things
When I was struggling to come up with a suitable (and cheap) model to represent a Necron Warrior a friend of mine suggested a spider like robot concept seen in part 2.

I loved it as it reminded me of the ĎTachikomaí robots from a favourite anime series of mine called ĎGhost In The Shellí. But then another obstacle for the project appeared which were the 5th edition rules. This caused me to ditch the spider robot because with the true line of sight rules a robot that short would be a nuisance for both me and my opponent. Until now.

All the models so far were coming out well but I was beginning to have my doubts about the Interceptors models: They were a pain to paint to a good standard and some Forgeworld stuff have the worst mould lines ever, which on a model this small is a problem. This made me reluctant to use them. Then I remember Wordbearerís spider design. So I sat down with some bits and a new robot emerged:

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/032/9/d/9dea3a6fe7e4bf6fd286e2952de5d1fd.jpg

ĎThe Steel Scorpion!í Overall it looked fantastic and was kind of cute due to its small size; however I could only fit two to a base.
The way it works in regards to the scarabís jet bike movement is itís ability to jump great distances making it very agile allowing it to get where itís needed quickly. Kind of like these robots but without the webbing: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrIQ3E8-HM&feature=related

Overall these robots will represent my Scarabs now, as for the Interceptors theyíll be used for decorative purposes only.

Iím all set to begin construction of the army in May.
However Iíve been play testing some army lists using my local store Necrons so I know exactly what I need to build, problem is itís becoming clear that I may need a Cítan in my Necron army (most likely a deceiver) so right now Iím coming up with concepts on how to portray a cítan using this armyís theme.

[sgt.Harris](voltarian)
13-02-2009, 17:03
these are awesome!

i might have to steel that guy idea, the warrior of chaos style dude that is :D

bluebugs
13-02-2009, 17:11
Quite the idea. I love it, even if you don't produce a full army, please don't stop making models.

muggs
13-02-2009, 17:48
those are some really great looking models you have made. the Dragoon Mk 3 has to be the best

Muggs

Proiteus
21-02-2009, 21:21
Iím currently having doubts about the project at the moment, the conversions all look fantastic but the Necron codex is one of the hardest codexs next to the guard to use with the 5th edition. And while the guard are about to be fixed up so they work better with the 5th edition rules the Necronís will not be fixed till mid 2010. Do I really want to make an army that will struggle to win games against competitive opponents and tournament players (who I mostly face) for such a large space of time?

So far Iíve considered creating a 2nd army using a difference codex that will feature the Iron Guard conversions by creating them so they can swap out arms between ones armed with gauss blasters and ones armed with Boltguns. Certain codexs come with nice benefits with a few examples listed belowÖ

Witch Hunters: Acts Of Faith representing Acts of the machine god and the machine god avatar will make a good model for representing the living saint.
Space Marines: I maybe able to use the destroyers as attack bikes plus design scouts as a sort of backup military force for the Zanatorians.
Chaos: Sadly Iíve already converted a Death Guard force for my undead theme so I canít use them for the Iron Guard. Although the chaos list has things such as defilers, deamon princes and obliterators that may fit the theme well.

Iím in serious doubt here guys should I grit my teeth and stay with the Necron codex or should I consider a backup list and if so which force?

Proiteus
22-02-2009, 22:38
Part Seven: The Big Things

Apart from the Cítan there is one unit that is effective in pushing infrantry back in close combat and smashing up vehicles and that is the Tomb Spyder.

So far Iíve had only two ideas on what I could use to convert this mechanicial monster, the 1st was to use the large Inquisitor Tyrus model from the Inquisitor range and convert it into a large robot but I felt that wouldnít work.

The 2nd was a lot more interesting which was to get a hold of 1 or maybe 2 of the old rogue trader dreadnoughts and use them as Tomb Spyders.

http://solegends.com/citrt/rt07dreadnoughtarmourwd958711.jpg

It would be a simple conversion to replace the arms with that of a Tomb Spyder and perhaps experiment a bit with the legs, they seem the best suited model to represent such a unit and still blend in well with the rest of the army. But before I begin my hunt I would like you opinion on using such a classic model in my army?

Chris_Lancaster
22-02-2009, 23:00
Would it be possible for you to make a resin cast of the dreadnought to leave the original intact? (I don't know much about casting, myself, but I think it might be possible)

Lord Zso Sahaal
22-02-2009, 23:04
yeah seriously try casting it first, these are becoming hard to find. The idea is a good one but it would break allot of peoples hearts including mine to see one of them cut up, (I myself own a few rogue trader models and am loathed to do more than paint them).
Great army and ideas keep this up!

Sahaal

Proiteus
22-02-2009, 23:54
Would it be possible for you to make a resin cast of the dreadnought to leave the original intact? (I don't know much about casting, myself, but I think it might be possible)

Sadly I've tried casting and it really takes away a level of quality and detail and i feel using that technique on these dreads would be a bad idea.

However I also have a respect for old models and would never take a saw to such a model and bastarise it like some people: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/data/500/medium/captain_035.jpg

All I plan to do is a simple mix and match job with the arms, trust me if I could get a decent resin cast version I would but I've tried resin before when GW discontinued individual bits and it came out horrible.

Pekel
23-02-2009, 05:33
Those Warriors are great conversions - I don't much care what army you use as long as you keep working at it! The end result will be extremely impressive. As for the Immortals, I like the white. Might be tough to paint but it's definitely worth it.

Proiteus
03-03-2009, 16:14
http://th09.deviantart.com/fs23/300W/i/2007/341/9/a/Zanatorian_Dragoons_by_Proiteus.jpg

I'm now currently working on an army list that I can use that features most of my conversions, feel free to check it out and give me some feedback on it...

Zanatorian Machine Cult 1500pt Army List (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3343362#post3343362)

whitewookiee
04-03-2009, 12:02
sweet models dude

Proiteus
06-03-2009, 16:31
Iron Guard Improvements

I've been improving my painting skills and I decided to update the old model with a brighter base and some blending highlights to really improve the quality of the model.

[SORRY FILE LOST!]

I hope to repeat this level of quality with all my models.

Dr. Hellbeast
11-03-2009, 12:31
You, sir, are an artisan.

malika
11-03-2009, 15:17
Hmm what about some sort of anti-grav rhino variant? Don't make it look too clearly like a Rhino, but you could use that model as a basis.

Proiteus
12-03-2009, 11:31
Boltgun Improvements

The current boltgun was too thin to use on the model so I instead tried using a storm bolter but that look very good, luckily I have a good amount of old ork bolters so I tried using on of them on the robot replacing the large magazine for the current Boltguns. The result is a vast improvement on the last weapon.

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/071/b/c/Iron_Guard_With_Boltgun_2_by_Proiteus.jpg

But to be honest I still much prefer using the Necron codex for these guys, I just hope Iím not forced to resort to using another codex for them in Ďplan Bí.

taaln
12-03-2009, 14:22
Part Three: The Warriors Emerge
Some people also noticed how it looked similar to the robot from Lost in Space which is correct; he has always been my favourite robot so he has had a lot of influence on the armyís design such as the blue metallic color scheme

will you be making a model with tracks like the lost in space robot?

precinctomega
12-03-2009, 14:53
Great plog and a great theme for an army!

However, I must correct your idea that Inquisitor is in recession. In fact, there's a campaign day at Warhammer World in just a few weeks on 28 March. Come on over to the Conclave for details:

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/

R.

Proiteus
12-03-2009, 16:16
Great plog and a great theme for an army!

However, I must correct your idea that Inquisitor is in recession. In fact, there's a campaign day at Warhammer World in just a few weeks on 28 March. Come on over to the Conclave for details:

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/

R.

I'd love to however uni work comes first so I don't have any time for it. :cries:

Son of the Lion
12-03-2009, 16:32
Very, very cool. Personally I think the designs look better the further you move from the necron feel. I really like the look feel of the last Iron guard: It's got imperial influences but with a mix of more advanced tech but an older looking weapon.

Silentexile
12-03-2009, 22:14
I demand the Tesla Coil!
You know you want to pretend your giant forge is floating around frying people like this:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/11/red_alert_tesla_coil.jpg

Anyways, this army is looking pretty awesome. Keep up the good work!

Proiteus
13-03-2009, 03:39
Final Decision On The Codex Issue

I’ve finally come to a decision on what codex I should for the theme, now I’ve had a lot of people suggesting that I ditch the Necron codex and adopt a more effective one for my Mechanicus army.
Now I thought long and hard about it and decided that I would still build my Necron army but at the same time build another more effective army along side it to use until the Necrons get a re-release.

I was going to choose a small lash list from the chaos codex, but then a better solution appeared. The Deamon Codex seems the perfect choice for my 2nd list as most of the robots I’ve built to represent Necron units can easily represent the Tzeentch daemons as well without having to edit anything on them…

Machine Avatar: Keeper Of Secrets Or Fateweaver
Dragoons: Flamers
Iron Guard: Horrors
Steel Scorpions: Nurglings
Tomb Spyders: Deamon Princes
And I’ve got an interesting conversion idea for Screamers.

I will still use the Necron list from time to time but till the new codex comes out this codex will do perfectly.

Proiteus
17-03-2009, 22:59
The Zanatorian Golem

The Rogue Trader Dread and Spyder came through the post today and I decided to assemble it and get an idea on what it would look like when it was completed.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/077/0/b/Zanatorian_Golem_Unpainted_by_Proiteus.jpg

It's a simple conversion: replace the arms with that of a Tomb Spyder however I felt I had to cover up the ball joints with crusader shoulder pads (I'll have 2 soon). I feel it will fit right in with the rest of the force when it is completed but for now I'm looking for feedback on it and if any improvement can be made?

synapse
18-03-2009, 11:03
the immortal robot is the best! great conversions and GS work here too

Proiteus
18-03-2009, 17:00
The Zanatorian Golem Part 2

The 2nd Rogue Trader Dreadnought came through the post today and since he was unpainted I immediately snapped the arms of the previous dread and placed them on him.

http://fc85.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/077/0/b/Zanatorian_Golem_Unpainted_by_Proiteus.jpg

Heís a bit taller than the 1st dread which makes him look even meaner and tougher plus his the arm sockets were a bit higher making the arms look a lot better. Now I looking to get a another dreadnought the same height to replace the shorter dread.

Hopefully I know someone with 2 Rogue Trader Dreads and with luck I maybe able to persuade him to trade it for one of his taller models.

Deamon-forge
18-03-2009, 17:27
Looking good here. im likeing the conversions, i be watching this thread.

Doublethink
19-03-2009, 18:18
Looking beautiful!
I love the concept, especially the weapons platform made from the destroyer.
As for which codex to use, I'd say the Daemon codex is far more competitive than the current Necron codex, so you won't be disappointed on the battlefield. Though I think it would be cool to be able to use both codice, so the idea of inter-changeable weapons, while a lot of work, would definitely be worth it. Anyways, my two cents! :o
Keep up the jaw-dropping stuff; I want to see more!

MortalTurky
19-03-2009, 21:08
Really awsome models, like the Flying Forge
Think that the radar dish would fit best actually

/MortalTurky

The boyz
19-03-2009, 21:29
Great project log Proiteus, I really like the whole background and theme behind your army. Some rather cool and interesting looking conversion's going on as well. keep up the good work.

Proiteus
20-03-2009, 20:36
Tank Busters

While most of my Mechanicus models can effectively represent both Necron and Deamon units there are some deamon units that require me to convert new robots for them. 1 Of these is the Screamer an awesome tank buster unit for any all Tzeentch army.

After a night of experimental modeling I created a sweet little conversion which I can easily be made from left over bits from the Dragoon and Destroyer conversions. It works by flying close to a tank before unleashing a powerful electro magnetic wave that can either disrupt the systems (shaken or stunned) or overall load the vehicle’s systems completely (destroyed), course this means it’s useless against infantry which is exactly how the screamer is.

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/080/b/3/Zanatorian_Disruptor_by_Proiteus.jpg

There are still parts of it that are imperfect such as the arms and inside of the wings and I hope to have those areas improved later this week.

I’m also trying to figure out a robot to represent ‘The Changeling’ whether it will be a psyker’s brain implanted into a robot or an ancient piece of tech that focuses on feeding info directly into the targets brain to create illusions I’ve yet to choose?

Deamon-forge
20-03-2009, 21:08
psykerís brain implanted into a robot
this idea sounds ace. and love the new little model,

Proiteus
21-03-2009, 09:07
Psychic Tech

The Changeling is a must in any all Tzeentch army, for 5pts it allows me to force an enemy unit to target a friendly unit so they can either stand around confused or pass a leadership to try and see through the illusion if not they shoot everything they can at the chosen friendly unit.

Such an ability would certainly require a robot that has some level of psychic power I thought of two options 1. A psykerís brain implanted into a robot or 2. An ancient piece of tech that focuses on feeding info directly into the targets brain to create illusions. I decided to choose both and created the Zanatorian Mastermind.

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/080/3/5/Zanatorian_Mastermind_Drone_by_Proiteus.jpg

The legs were the biggest issue but I finally got it sorted, what do you think?

Also someone pointed out that the spine on the Disruptor screamed Necron so I decided to replace it with the destroyerís gunner arm.

[SORRY FILE LOST!]

It's a vast improvement from the first model as it makes the model really look like it projects some sort of wave.

Doublethink
21-03-2009, 19:02
I love the Mastermind's method of locomotion: mechadendrites all the way! :D
Not so sure about the new spine; I think I prefered the other one. But then again, it could be the picture as the angle's not quite the same. It just seems a little unbalanced in the new version, while the other one looked more menacing.

Proiteus
27-03-2009, 10:40
I feel it's better off without the spine, it just didn't look right. The destroyer arm looks like part of the EMP weapon and suits the model better.

Doublethink
27-03-2009, 16:18
Either way, it still looks really cool! :D
So what's in stock for the future?

Lame Duck
27-03-2009, 18:53
For the psychic robot, another option would be projecting holograms...which would mean it wasn't psychic at all.

Great coversions either way though.

tinfoil
27-03-2009, 20:46
What a fascinating project!
My favorite work is the "dragoons" that first ignited the mad scientist freakiness in the first place, and your recent ideas for screamers and a changeling.

I also approve, heartily, of your shift from the necron to the daemon codex as a proxy source. Daemon lists are much more varied and interesting, IMO, than necron lists.

Looking forward to seeing what comes next from your twisted forge!

Deamon-forge
27-03-2009, 20:55
ok i love the look you have done to the the Zanatorian mastermind proto great job. one thing would it be possible to show the said brain in the model like having a opening so you could see the brain with wires etc? but i do like it any way.

Doublethink
28-03-2009, 18:21
Hum, I'd say it looks a lot cooler closed-up like it is right now.
I just love that part he used (dunno what it is) and how it makes the robot look sleek and menacing; I think an opening to see the brain, while cool, would break up that stream-lined killer look its got going.

Proiteus
30-03-2009, 08:04
Heralds Of The Machine God?

Most Deamon vets are recommending I use Heralds Of Tzeentch in my army and I can see they have a lot of firepower and can be very fast on a chariot.

The only problem is coming up with a robotic model to represent one of them on foot or worst yet a chariot, so far the only things I can think of are two very old ideas from way back in the armyís first months of development.

http://th00.deviantart.com/fs13/300W/f/2007/022/2/4/Zanatorian_Praetorian_Guard_by_Proiteus.jpg http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2008/031/7/e/Liberator_Destroyer_Class_Mock_by_Proiteus.jpg
Herald On Foot (replace weapon with something a bit more suitable) and on the right a herald on chariot but need to think of something to represent the extra attacks on his profile?

Anyone got any ideas for conversions?

Ironpit
30-03-2009, 11:13
Use some Mechandrites or Servoarms for the extra Attacks

natsirtm
30-03-2009, 13:59
This is absolutely brilliant dude! Great 'counts as' concept to implement.

Doublethink
30-03-2009, 21:49
Mechadendrites all the way! :D
A servo arm just wouldn't have the reach to clubber the unfortunate enemy on the sides of the chariot, while mechadendrites could be like the scythes attached to the wheels of chariots.

monkey child
30-03-2009, 22:39
Awesome work,incredibly inspiring. Subscribed

Col. Wales
30-03-2009, 23:21
Hmm for the heralds maybe a partial headswap with a necron lower face and the triple lense "eyes" off of the chaos command sprue. as far as extra attacks go I second the Mechanical tendril idea.

Deamon-forge
30-03-2009, 23:37
i think the Heralds on chariot, should have a normal arm, right arm on mini, and the other wired in to the chariot (still with shouldder pad)? could you add some like servo skulls to it for the extra attacks ? or some robotic servo arms like from dr octopus from spider-man?

Proiteus
31-03-2009, 16:47
Harbinger Of The Machine God

Last night I came up with an idea for a model that could represent a Herald on a chariot, I give you the ‘Zanatorian Harbinger’

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/090/3/7/Zanatorian_Harbinger_Mk2_by_Proiteus.jpg

A chariot has some 5 wounds and 4 attacks so I’m thinking about modeling some ‘Steel Scorpions’ onto the base, as for it’s speed it scuttles real fast and can jump real high which also good for it’s furious charge rule.

WWhat do you think? It’s only a rough conversion at the moment so I'm looking for any suggestions regarding it's weapons (especially since it can fire at two different targets) and ways to improve it?

Deamon-forge
31-03-2009, 17:14
NOW thats a ace model! i would go with that, may i ask were did you get the legs from? if it was mine i would bulk it up a little at the waist tordo area, keep the head looking bit, add a 2nd gun, or have 2 guns on arms do look good

Proiteus
31-03-2009, 17:19
NOW thats a ace model! i would go with that, may i ask were did you get the legs from? if it was mine i would bulk it up a little at the waist tordo area, keep the head looking bit, add a 2nd gun, or have 2 guns on arms do look good

They're from the Tomb Spyder, I thinks it's bulky enough the model only has a toughness of 4 also how would you recommend I bulk it up without making it too large for the base?

Deamon-forge
31-03-2009, 17:29
it's on 60mm base? well i dont no how i would bulk it out i cant really say as i would just get a load of bits and try it out, you could make the gun platform like a scorpion tail? have two guns on it and that could count as why he can hit two targets.

Slobomeister
31-03-2009, 19:48
Really nice models, Proiteus, especially theĎZanatorian Harbingerí one. Clever use of bitz, but I think the gruss weapon is a bit too.. Necron. Other than that, I think the older models, which I relay like, will fit well in the renegade mechanicus theme. Also looking forward to the pairing, as the things Ive seen so far, is ace!
Love to know whats up next.

Slobo

Doublethink
31-03-2009, 22:11
I really like that gun, so much so that for the "shooting at different targets", I'd make it have an idential, second gun a bit raised at at a 90 degree angle from it. Kinda like the small Soviet walkers in Red Alert 3, if that helps; they look very similar.

Proiteus
01-04-2009, 21:49
I'm gonna try placing a terminator body on top of it with the defiler part as it's head, this will give me more space for mounting a set of bigger guns on the side.

Still unsure of what to use for the weapons, any ideas? (perhaps a non GW part?)

Another idea I had for the Chariot was to use the tomb spyder's main body and convert a large floating robot that housed a swarm of small Interceptor bots (see earlier entries) the Ďcarrierí would have the main gun and the interceptors would fire at the 2nd target?

paulsongames
02-04-2009, 03:23
I don't know if it's any help or not but I saw these models by RAFM, might make a good source for parts

http://www.rafm.com/images/product/MDH/02834.jpg
http://www.rafm.com/images/product/MDH/02823.jpg

Doublethink
02-04-2009, 16:25
There's a couple of Infinity miniatures that could be suitable, but I'm not sure how accessible they'd be.
I like the carrier idea; kinda like a land-based aircraft carrier, but with servo skull type droids...
But I also love the spider legs, so perhaps save the carrier idea for something larger (a Daemon Prince?)

Proiteus
03-04-2009, 00:05
Individual Steel Scorpions?

Somethingís been troubling me recently and itís whether or not I should mount my Steel Scorpions on individual bases and use them as Daemonettes?

http://fc99.deviantart.com/fs41/f/2009/032/9/d/9dea3a6fe7e4bf6fd286e2952de5d1fd.jpg

Itís just the daemon list Iím using with them lack any real combat troops and Daemonettes seem the best suited as their toughness isnít greater than the Iron Guard robots (Horrors) and the weaker save can be resembled by the botís smaller size.
I had thought of using them as Nurglings butÖ well Nurglings are rubbish for what Iím after which is objectives grabbers and an effective close quarter unit. Also the Daemonettes have the speed and agility that suits the steel scorpion more.

What do you guys think should I use them individually as Daemonettes or keep them as they are and use them as Nurglings?

Doublethink
03-04-2009, 02:39
I don't know... I think for someone not aquainted with the list, it might be pretty confusing to count them as daemonettes, simply because of their tiny size. Nurglings on the other hand would be a perfect match.
But then you've made some convincing arguments as to why they'd represent the daemonettes... I guess it depends who you play against typically.

Proiteus
05-04-2009, 12:31
Harbinger Development Part 2

I’ve been working on the Harbinger model and have made a few adjustments to it. First off I’ve replaced the tomb Spyder gun with an old titan weapon that looks a lot better, and I’ve added a small cannon on the bottom plus a few extra touch ups.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/098/7/1/Zanatorian_Harbinger_Concept_by_Proiteus.jpg

I’ve also featured some Steel Scorpions in the photo which will be added to the base, but if they overcrowd it I’ll take them off. I’ll take the legs off soon and file down the green stuff and cover it up with some thin armoured plates on the top of the legs.

However this is only one of the designs for this model that I’m considering, the other is to have a upper body of a robot instead of the defiler head so it looks like the Reaper cyborgs from C&C: http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/64/others/reaper.gif

I'd be very grateful for any feedback regarding this bot?

Mad Larkin UK
05-04-2009, 12:55
Hey there, love the spider conversions. Interesting youve gone to daemons now, i think thats probably a better choice than necrons. Ace log dude

Proiteus
07-04-2009, 15:29
Updates & Squad Identities

There have been several updates regarding earlier postsÖ

Individual Steel Scorpions: Iím going to count them as Nurgling Swarms because their size makes them easier for my opponent to remember what they represent. Plus they look cool in pairs.

Harbinger Alternative Design & Speed The Harbinger will keep itís current appearance as someone pointed out to me that the 2nd concept doesnít fit in well with the rest of the army. It also reminded me of something I learned when developing the Iron Guard robot which is I should avoid making the robots look human.
Someone also asked how can I justify the Harbingerís Jetbike movement. Simple itís a fast moving walker that can jump due to itís powerful legs, similar to this unit from Red Alert 3: http://www.commandandconquer.com/portal/site/redalert/template.MAXIMIZE/factions_en/?javax.portlet.tpst=887f789b1e9f05362087dce7b100cd a0_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_887f789b1e9f05362087dce7b100cda0 _viewID=proxy_view_secondary&javax.portlet.prp_887f789b1e9f05362087dce7b100cda0 _wcproxyurl=http%253A%252F%252Flocalhost%253A8080% 252FSiteAssets%252Ffactions%252FSickle.html&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Now my only problem is coming up with a way to make the robots differ from each other for the purposes of being able to identify different squads, without ruining the modelís appearance.

http://th06.deviantart.com/fs43/300W/f/2009/065/2/c/Iron_Guard_Robot_Model_by_Proiteus.jpg

Any suggestions? So far Iíve thought of a different shoulder mount or second weapon but this doesnít help the Scorpions or Dragoons. Plus Iím not at all good at painting symbols and transfers are out of the question altogether!

Deamon-forge
09-04-2009, 00:31
still look good, i like the new Harbinger very nice

King Fluff
09-04-2009, 16:56
wicked project.....

be nice to see some of the units described in 'Mechanicus'

Proiteus
14-04-2009, 23:21
Iron Guard Weapons?

Right now Iím debating on giving the Iron Guard robots another ranged weapon to replace the claw that is on the current model. This is mainly due to the fact my Iron Guard are representing Horrors who fire assault 3 weapons, and the weapon just doesnít look the type to fire that many shots. So I made some adjustments to the bolter arm from my pervious weapon alteration.

[FILE LOST!]

It came out better than I thought the only change Iíd try to make is to swap the wire round on the right arm to the outside to make the robots design symmetrical, which can be easily done.

But as always the final decision on the matter weíll be based on what you guys think?

Doublethink
16-04-2009, 15:50
Looks really good, and should help make it much easier to guess what they represent; the claw could have been mistaken for a close combat weapon of some kind. The only thing I have to add is that the arms look a little small for the weapon, but I really think that's just the angle as it seems fine from the side view. N'yways, looks awesome, keep it up :D

KeeCai
13-05-2009, 17:41
have you made any further progress?
should post a pic of all you made up so far

Proiteus
13-05-2009, 19:01
have you made any further progress?
should post a pic of all you made up so far

Sadly finishing my final year dissertation has been more important, but now its finished and I've be able to finally restart work on the project again.

I'm currently workin on the painting up the bases for the army, since I'm waiting on parts to arrive, how about you guys tell me which one you'll like to see completed first out of the last set of models I've made and I'll get it painted up.

So which would you like to see painted first: the Mastermind, Disruptor, Golem Or Harbinger?

Doublethink
13-05-2009, 19:25
Hum, my vote's on the Harbringer ^^

KeeCai
17-05-2009, 16:55
agreed, harbinger

Warlord Nazgred
17-05-2009, 19:16
im going to back that up to

Proiteus
26-05-2009, 11:45
Zanatorian Golem

Well I'm finally back on track with the creation of the machine cult, I'll start building the big robots first and then the smaller squads before mass producing the Iron Guard robots. But first off we'll look at the Golem.

http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/146/a/b/Zanatorian_Golem_by_Proiteus.jpg

As you can see from the Iron Guard robot the golem is very big, which makes it perfect for representing a Necron Tomb Spyder or Deamon Prince.

I did make a small adjustment to the dread model which was to add a visor using green stuff to replace those eyes which ruined the robotic look of the model: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/077/0/b/Zanatorian_Golem_Unpainted_by_Proiteus.jpg

I'm quite pleased with how its turned out, but as always you views are very important. Next up will be the Mastermind and Harbinger.

kiwichild
26-05-2009, 12:28
That Golem has come together really well, especially the ole space marine shoulder pads, is there nothing they can't help. I like the contrast between the body (thick and solid), the arms (small and spindly) and the legs (somewhere in between the other two). It follows on quite well as a super-sizing of the Iron Guard.:chrome:

Now if you could make a dark meck gollum, an evil little tech adept with pale,pasty and decaying (leftover) fleshy bits. I imagine him/it hunched over his 'precious' power coupling/fancy tech bit. then you have a Golem and Gollum, should be quite handing when illustrating the difference in the two names to some dingbat.

Great stuff.:D

p.s. it's okay to play around with converting/hacking/chopping up classic sculpts, just don't tell anybody about it until afterwards. Then show them the finished product, it makes less people howl 'BLOODY MURDER' or cry. Nothing wrong with updating the old skool.

Proiteus
26-05-2009, 21:53
p.s. it's okay to play around with converting/hacking/chopping up classic sculpts, just don't tell anybody about it until afterwards. Then show them the finished product, it makes less people howl 'BLOODY MURDER' or cry. Nothing wrong with updating the old skool.

True but I respect the classics as well which is why I didn't want to make to many adjustments and make any big changes to the original model , but those eyes just had to go. :)

Proiteus
27-05-2009, 22:09
Zanatorian Constructor

Some of you may remember my first attempts to replace my first Necron Warrior conversion following the GW bitz discontinuation: 2. Dragoon Redesigning (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3256729&postcount=2)

However I soon realized that it looked more like a robot build for construction and repair rather than for fighting purposes.
Plus although original it was lacking in detail compare to the later Iron Guard conversion so I decided to put it by and save it for a representing something else.

But recently while working on the 'Harbinger' model I decided to make one as an objective model replacing the gauss blasters with small tools and upon seeing the final model I'm tempted to make a full set of 5?

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/146/9/5/Zanatorian_Constructor_by_Proiteus.jpg

What do you think? Should I make a full set of 5 for my objective bases or just keep the one?

Doublethink
28-05-2009, 02:38
Well, they look very good, I'd say, if you can use them as models too, go for it. Otherwise, the bits might be better off on actual models ;)
I'm thinking you could count them as daemonettes? I mean, they look fast, and they have the close-combat cutters to represent rending; if something's coming at me with a plasma-cutter, I'm ducking waaaay out of the way, power-armour or not...

Proiteus
28-05-2009, 16:44
Zanatorian Harbinger Tank

Well here it is the Harbinger tank the model that we'll represent a chariot of tzeentch (jetbike with heavy anti tank and infrantry weapons that is able to shoot two different targets in the same turn)

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/148/c/3/c3c3569c7c63e7e90fcee40c6e5ffd57.jpg

Of course it will only be used in games of 1750 which I rarely play or replace the 320pt Lord Of Change in smaller games.

Yet there is still some work to do both this model and the Golems need to be pinned and I'm still unsure about the main weapon?

the damned artificer
28-05-2009, 17:13
I really like your harbinger tank, especially how you've used the small torso and the tank crew helmet from the chaos vehicle frame for the bottom gunmount.

Keep it up dude :D

Doublethink
28-05-2009, 21:30
The gun looks great imo, I like its hi-tech feel.

Proiteus
31-05-2009, 10:54
Mastermind

With the completition of the Mastermind Robot thats all the different types of robotic units done for my Deamon based army, now I'm ready to move on to producing whole squads.

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs45/i/2009/151/3/3/Zanatorian_Mastermind_by_Proiteus.jpg

The Changeling is a must in any all Tzeentch army, for 5pts it allows me to force an enemy unit to target a friendly unit so they can either stand around confused or pass a leadership to try and see through the illusion if not they shoot everything they can at the chosen friendly unit.

Such an ability would certainly require a robot that has some level of psychic power I thought of two options 1. A psykerís brain implanted into a robot or 2. An ancient piece of tech that focuses on feeding info directly into the targets brain to create illusions. I decided to choose both and created the Zanatorian Mastermind. I did think of using a sphere instead of a skull but I feel that would be over using that idea as it is already being used of the Scorpions and Disruptors.

Just think of it as a robotic Zoanthrope, regarding the paint scheme I went with Dark colours with a small amount of blue to blend it in with the army.

Frowbakk
01-06-2009, 03:16
As a convert-a-holic I have to say your designs are inspired. Your background fits in well with the Adeptus Mechanicus splinter, as does the use of the Daemon Codex (they've got extensive Teleporter Technology).

For the scorpions as Daemonettes, I think they would work if you extended the legs by a little, maybe use Necron Warrior shins (i.e. legs from the knee down, chop off the foot). Also, posing them with more action... lunging forward, about to stick a limb in an enemy's face, rearing back and having the blade of the tail shooting forward on a telescoping structure to catch opponents by surprise and earn that Initiative 5.

Lt Renen
01-06-2009, 04:58
I love your army! Makes me think long and hard about making one myself...

Cheers!

Ren

Proiteus
01-06-2009, 14:04
As a convert-a-holic I have to say your designs are inspired. Your background fits in well with the Adeptus Mechanicus splinter, as does the use of the Daemon Codex (they've got extensive Teleporter Technology).

Thanks, I was worried on how people may take the use of the daemon codex, nevertheless it will be a lot more fun and interesting to play than the Necron codex I originally had planned.

Now if only I could think of a way to convert winged deamon princes?

malika
01-06-2009, 14:07
Part Six: The Elite

I'll get back to the Monolith/Mobile Fortress at a later date. Some of you may remember my Harbinger model featured in part 1 that was to represent an Immortal but due to GW bits discontinuation I was unable to construct more of them. However because of this I was forced to create an even better model.

http://fc34.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/030/0/9/Zanatorian_Dragoon_Mk3_Model_by_Proiteus.jpg

I was struggling to come up with a way of creating a new model to represent the Immortal. Then luckily I came across someone else who had also converted a Mechanicus army online using the plastic Epic Knights, it was a terminator army and he had used the terminator arms and tau stealth suit legs on the main torso of the knight. This had made them look a lot more tougher so I decided to try this out.
It came out perfectly, I then cut out the lower part of the arm and replaced it with the main part of the Gauss weapon attaching the cable to the bottom of the gun. It took me a while to find a suitable barrel for the weapon to represent itís increased strength, I eventually chose to use the small part of a Tau gun drone as I could imagine it spinning round before firing.
When it came to the head at first I tried to put four eyes on it instead of two but that proved too difficult to manage so I settled for a large one to make it look more menacing.
I still have doubts about the paint scheme though, I choose to paint the parts of the model white because I felt it would make it stand out from the basic warriors and make it look more elite. However white is a pain to paint well and Iím not sure whether to paint in dark grey instead?

As always you feedback is very important into the development of this army.

Thatís enough for the moment, in my next post Iíll be asking for your opinion on which is the best model for representing my Scarabs ĎThe Interceptorsí or a new robot that Iíve recently converted?

Those kind of remind me of the cyborgs from that expansion from Command & Conquer 3!

Proiteus
01-06-2009, 14:08
Those kind of remind me of the cyborgs from that expansion from Command & Conquer 3!

Funny enough that's exactly what inspired the white paint scheme on them :D

Proiteus
05-06-2009, 11:46
The Avatar: Work In Progress

Well here is a quick preview of the Avatar Of The Machine God an ancient and powerful machine that will be leading the Zanatorian robotic army. He'll be representing a Lord Of Change.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/156/b/1/b12aba3175f310ccadde3c6cd5cafcea.jpg

All that remained to be done is his wings and adding a blade weapon to his arm. After that he'll be painted and ready for deployment!

Tommygun
05-06-2009, 11:51
Very unique and intimidating army.
The master mind reminds me of War of the World.

the damned artificer
05-06-2009, 12:41
Uhh that is a nice avatar, is it the sauron model in green robes you have used ??
I like it :D

Cal585
05-06-2009, 13:01
The Necromancer right? Looks great. How are the hands scale-wise?

Proiteus
05-06-2009, 13:54
The Necromancer right? Looks great. How are the hands scale-wise?

They're the correct size, Just wait until he's completed. :evilgrin:

Magos Errant
05-06-2009, 14:05
Excellent job, Proiteus! Your Avatar of the Machine God is awesome! Keep up the brilliant work!

Your plog here was actually the inspiration behind my own Renegade Mechancius.

Proiteus
08-06-2009, 22:34
The Darker Side Of The Mechanicus

While reading through the Daemon Codex during this project I've decided to create an Army considering of 5 winged monsterous creatures!

Now the fluff mentions that the Zanatorian Machine Cult is made up of several powerful machine lords, each with their own personal robotic army. So following that I'm going to make a 2nd army of robots but unlike the current robots they'll be darker and older in appearance (not chaos), similar to the robots in the Horus Heresy artbooks.

Anyway I'm having trouble in trying to come up with a suitable conversion for a Bloodthrister, so far I've come up with 3 ideas but each have an issue going from the left...

I've thought of is using the Inquisitor Arco-flagellation as a base and modelling armour and wings on it, but I feel it would be too small.
The next idea was using Tyrus although he was bulky enough, he didn't look like a model to represent a Bloodthrister plus how could I add wings that won't look slapped on.
Last was the assassin model, my favourite idea... however the belts are a real issue and its metal so they won't be easy to file off!

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/159/e/1/Forum_Pic_by_Proiteus.jpg

Any suggestions? I know what I'm doing for the princes and plaguebearers but this one driving me nuts! :confused:

Proiteus
10-06-2009, 09:41
Someone commented on the original Disruptor model and mentioned how it had no clear indication of how it attacked. So I've painted lighting effects on the main orb to better represent the electrical weapon it uses.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/i/2009/161/2/e/Zanatorian_Disruptor__Improved_by_Proiteus.jpg

Totenkopf
10-06-2009, 10:25
Could you please give me a rundown of how you made the floaty tendril trailing thingie? I need to make something for my mechanicus to represent an enclosed jetbike with two plasma cannons.

Dezmord
10-06-2009, 11:28
Looking very good so far! I like the combinations of parts from so many different models and ranges in your army. Especially the avatar of the machine god is great.

Anyway I'm having trouble in trying to come up with a suitable conversion for a Bloodthrister, so far I've come up with 3 ideas but each have an issue going from the left...
I would go with the tyrus mdel. I used it for a Demon Prince and I think it turned out good.

Proiteus
10-06-2009, 19:31
Could you please give me a rundown of how you made the floaty tendril trailing thingie? I need to make something for my mechanicus to represent an enclosed jetbike with two plasma cannons.

Simple, I just used some guitar string and green stuff it's quite cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Totenkopf
11-06-2009, 09:28
lol, thanks :P I meant the bulk of it rather than the tendrils themselves ;)

Proiteus
11-06-2009, 21:31
lol, thanks :P I meant the bulk of it rather than the tendrils themselves ;)

Just a Tau Stealthsuit facing up with the projectors from the Macragge sheild generators. Simples :evilgrin:

Proiteus
19-06-2009, 19:33
Zanatorian Avatar Unpainted

Well here is the final model for what will be the centre piece of my Mechanicus army, as you can see I've made a few touch ups such as wings and a weapon.

I decided to go with a 60mm base over the 40mm for purposes of it representing the Lord of Change and eventually the base crew to be very cinematic.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/170/0/4/04d436607b09ba5e4c130f1f426ae50e.jpg

Special thanks to a friend of mine who instructed and assisted me in the modeling of the green stuff on the model.

Sadly it wonít be painted till the start of the summer holidays as Iím taking part in a program held by GW to paint an army in the 6 weeks holiday. At the end it will be entered it into a tournament at Warhammer World where armies will be judged and awarded for theme, conversion and paint job. So itís just the thing for this armyís first public appearance. Luckily Iíve only got to create at least 1250pts in the 6 weeks so I can still get 1 of each type of unit done before then out of the 2000pts to display on the thread.

Hood
19-06-2009, 19:42
Amazing! *drool*

the damned artificer
20-06-2009, 10:37
Nice progress indeed :D
I like that you used the microarts studio wings for him they really suits the model.
What colours will he have ?? the same as the rest of the army ??

Proiteus
20-06-2009, 20:39
Nice progress indeed :D
I like that you used the microarts studio wings for him they really suits the model.
What colours will he have ?? the same as the rest of the army ??

I'm thinking of black robes with a hint of blue and various shades of metal and red eyes to give him a dark cold look, might add some copper and gold what do you think?

Doublethink
21-06-2009, 00:05
The model looks fantastic, especially the robed head.
The new blue ink gives a nice cool colour to metallics, might want to try that as blue is your accent colour after all.

Karlon
21-06-2009, 00:13
The best part about this log is trawling through and trying to work out which parts youve used for each model.

the damned artificer
21-06-2009, 01:43
I think that your plan sounds nice, but beng that he is the avatar of the omnissiah it could be cool if he had some kind of a glow, either from his eyes or chest :D

Proiteus
21-06-2009, 15:56
The best part about this log is trawling through and trying to work out which parts youve used for each model.

Yeah its fun to see people trying to deconstruct the model while their looking at it, the one that gets heads scratching is the Steel Scorpion's tails :D

I think that your plan sounds nice, but beng that he is the avatar of the omnissiah it could be cool if he had some kind of a glow, either from his eyes or chest :D

I'll expermient a bit.

Son of the Lion
22-06-2009, 14:32
Any suggestions? I know what I'm doing for the princes and plaguebearers but this one driving me nuts! :confused:

How about some kind of floating kitbash monstrosity - somewhere between a tomb spyder, Matrix sentinel and an auto-surgeon, all multiple arms with horrendous drills and claws etc?

Arzukael
22-06-2009, 14:45
Using the IG Sentinal legs and making some mechanical wings made of plasticcard, you could make a nice model for a Bloodthirster?
I am really liking your approach to building an army, well done!
Love the convertions :)

Proiteus
28-06-2009, 19:35
Construction Complete: Steel Scorpions

First squad of the army to be completed are the Zanatorian Steel Scorpions, they'll be represents Scarabs for necrons and nurglings for Daemons. Overall it worked out well each of them are pinned onto the base and apart from the two pirched on the wall and rock (top left and right) that look a little dodgy they've come out brilliantly. Aren't they cute!

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/179/6/1/61b320d63bffb94abdab284a7c5a16ae.jpg

Also I've signed up for a GW army builder program during the 6 weeks, which means I'll be painting the army over the summer holidays which mean in the last week my army will be entered into a tournament with awards for things like best painted, converted, theme, etc.

Luckily I'm building an addtional 500pts for games of 2000 which means I can still build one squad of each unit for you guys to see and when the summer holidays begin I finish up the remaining 1500pts.

Next upload will be a completed Iron Guard squad.

Dezmord
28-06-2009, 22:49
Very nice! They look indeed so cute... like kittens...

Proiteus
29-06-2009, 20:31
Very nice! They look indeed so cute... like kittens...

Yes...kittens...of course :wtf:

Proiteus
30-06-2009, 15:29
I'm currently working on some of my Iron Guard robots and I'm curious to know what you think of the two done so far?

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs49/i/2009/181/5/9/The_New_Iron_Guard_Robots_by_Proiteus.jpg

Dezmord
30-06-2009, 15:59
Looking good so far. the only , albeit minor, dritique would be, that the pose of the one on the right looks a bit like as if he's dancing - at least in the second pic - but that appearance could just be a result of the pics angle.

tinfoil
30-06-2009, 16:39
Nice! I like the steel scorpions particularly -- a lot of character in those conversions. I can practically hear them scittering and twittering....

I'm still loving this army. Loving it.

Proiteus
02-07-2009, 17:24
Construction Complete: Iron Guard Squad

Well the army is finally taking shape and the first Iron Guard squad is finally completed the first Iron Guard squad that will represent either necron warriors or pink horrors.

http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/183/5/2/Iron_Guard_Squad_by_Proiteus.jpg

As you can see I've added a lot more movement to them than the original model, I've also went with the two blasters instead of the claw.
But I feel they need a few more touch ups before I can think of them as completed.

Sadly though thats all I can do now till summer holidays begin without exceeding 500pts, so now all that I'll be doing is the building and converting the models ready for painting later this month and also creating the background comic for them.

Dezmord
02-07-2009, 17:46
Very nice. They look amazing in this groupshot.

Proiteus
04-07-2009, 23:16
Thanks, anymore comments? I really want some feedback on the Ironguard squad?

Weaver
04-07-2009, 23:36
I'm really, really enjoying these guys, mate. They look sweet so far, and the Iron Guard look damn imposing (the reposes really do those models justice. Well done on that)

That Avatar of the Machine god in particular, really takes my breath away though. Excellent, excellent work on that! Anxiously awaiting more from you

Rahveel
04-07-2009, 23:46
I like them! The choice to go with 2 blasters was a good one, I think it helps to get across the horror WYSIWYG better (not that I ever would have stopped you using them as such before if we were to play a game, but they are a bit bulky for S3 T3 dudes.)

One idea that occurs to me, might it be cool to place some small gadget on their backs to represent an energy field projector (to represent both 'we'll be back', and a 4++ save). In my minds eye I see those energy projectors on the pylons from the BfM working well if you painted them like the energy on your blasters, or red like the eyes.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Cant wait to see the avatar finished!

doghouse
04-07-2009, 23:53
This is a really cool looking army and highly orignal to boot.

The Iron Guard look really impressive as a unit and steel scorpions have turned out really well.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Proiteus
05-07-2009, 10:31
One idea that occurs to me, might it be cool to place some small gadget on their backs to represent an energy field projector (to represent both 'we'll be back', and a 4++ save).

Actually I've thought of that already, its what I'll be using instead of squad markings. Which I'll add at the end putting the best painted in the 1st squad and the worst ones in the 4th squad.

The ideas so far are...

Light (shown on the original model)
Scanner (if you cut the cadian flamer in the right place on the barrel you can get a very nice looking scanner)
Scanner 2 (the part of a pulse carbine under the barrel)
Exterior generators (basically the very tip of the back of a lasgun on both sides)

These will go on the left of the model, For icons I plan to use the small radar dish off the Ravenwing Land Speeder Scanner (http://www.bitzbox.co.uk.php5-2.dfw1-1.websitetestlink.com/images/ravenwing_radar_large.jpg) that will go on the right.

I'll have to try this out on the mock model first to see how they look painted, I'll upload them sometime this week?

CommissarsPointyHat
09-07-2009, 01:43
Those are awesome. I love the concept and it really fits with 40K. Looking forward to seeing that Machine God finished.

Proiteus
14-07-2009, 21:44
Final Touch Ups

I've was a bit worried about the Iron Guard robots so I ran them by a friend of mine and he suggested I ditch the grey colour on the cables for blue and they've worked brilliantlly!

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/195/b/8/b87ce4d74591f25499d3b890cd9d9905.jpg

Now all thats left is to complete the remaining 32 when the summer holidays starts and divide them up into squads and mark them using different types of shoulder mounted equipment.

Proiteus
16-07-2009, 22:43
The Zanatorian's Darker Units?

I noticed a problem with my daemon army the other day which was I have no real unit that can get stuck in and hold an objective, the Iron Guard (horrors) certainly can't do it.

So I need to replace one of the four Iron Guard squads with a close quarters unit. At first I thought of converting Bloodletters into some sort of alien mercenaries that the machine cult had hired, but that seemed out of character I then came across these lovely miniatures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/daaveed/Brotherhood_of_Steel_HTTP_05.jpg

Their perfect for representing Plaguebearers all I need to do is replace the barrel of the gun on the right arm with a blade and paint it to look like itís been covered with poison. Plus their appearance links them quite nicely to the Avatar model. So I will certainly be building a unit of 8 of them this summer.

However there is a problem. This armyís first appearance will be at a GW event judging armies that have been painted over the summer; the question is will I be able to use them without getting in trouble for using non GW models. True I can act like their heavily converted from Empire flagellants but thereís always the risk they could be recognized.

Do you think I can use them? If not I need to either build and paint another 8 Iron Guard this summer or only have 3 scoring units?

the damned artificer
17-07-2009, 09:39
they are probably going to be recognised, as they are quite popular. I have six of them myself, and I know ironmonger has like seventy or so of them. They are great and I truly understand why you want to use them as they have almost become a must-have for any admech or dark mech army :D

puppetmaster24
17-07-2009, 11:43
you don't need a blade, you need a syringe that they would use to inject the poision directly into their victims.

Satan
17-07-2009, 12:01
I've been a long-time lurker on your plog and I must say your miniatures are stunning so far. It's an original and well executed project and I've always loved renegade mechanicus. I think you should ditch the GW thing and go for the Iron brotherhood anyway. ;-)

Proiteus
17-07-2009, 15:38
I've been a long-time lurker on your plog and I must say your miniatures are stunning so far. It's an original and well executed project and I've always loved renegade mechanicus. I think you should ditch the GW thing and go for the Iron brotherhood anyway. ;-)

I agree, I be able to use them at my club and perhaps most likely at non GW based tournaments like Open War. But for this single event I'll have to use my Nurglings swarms or chariots instead besides this tournament shouldn't be too competitve.

Proiteus
22-07-2009, 22:30
Progress

I've had a few people ask for a photo of all the units together and here it is, with the exception of the Avatar who will be uploaded this coming weekend.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs47/i/2009/203/e/4/Zanatorian_Miniatures_2_by_Proiteus.jpg

It's amazing to see how far this project has developed since the original collection from when I started work on this army in January 2008 and at last it will be hitting the boards at the end of August.

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/087/2/b/Zanatorian_Miniatures_by_Proiteus.jpg

LirEdinSun
23-07-2009, 15:06
I asked a similar question about an army I saw in this thread about Abhumans: Slave Levies doctrine

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96161.

I had have an idea Necrons codex would fit the idea

Proiteus
25-07-2009, 01:19
Avatar Of The Machine God Unleashed!

Well at long last the ulitmate weapon of the Zanatorians: The Avatar is completed and ready to be unleashed against the foes of the machine cult! He'll of course be representing a Lord Of Change for the Daemons and Nightbringer for Necrons. He's one of my best models to date, he's an excellent centre piece for the army.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/205/0/2/02c96463fbf502bea65a7f2f6aab0188.jpg

Special thanks to a friend of mine who instructed and assisted me in the modeling of the green stuff on the model. I've learnt a lot of new skills when making this model another being painting black robes.

Now he is off to GW Lincoln tommorrow to be displayed in the cabinet with the rest of the generals for the summer army painting contest.

Dezmord
25-07-2009, 08:49
That avatar is just wondeful! Congratulations on a good idea and a great result!

Now he is off to GW Lincoln tommorrow to be displayed in the cabinet with the rest of the generals for the summer army painting contest.
And they have no problems there with your use of iron brotherhood wings?

Proiteus
28-07-2009, 21:01
GW hado problems there with your use of iron brotherhood wings?

No and it's allowed as rules state that a conversion must be made up of mostly GW components to be usable at a GW tournament. Thats why I can use him but not the Iron Brotherhood techpriests.

I'm a little dissapointed though, I was hoping for a lot more feedback on my army's centerpiece?

Proiteus
02-08-2009, 17:19
Squad Markings & Plaguebearers?

I need to come up with a conversion to represent Plaguebearers in my Daemon army as I need to include a objective grabbing unit, I had thought of using the Micro Art techpriests but it doesn't feel right. That and I like to be able to use the army in GWs store which I can't do with those models.

So if anyone could share ideas on robotic conversions what I could use for plaguebearers it be a great help?

Also I've found some excellent squad marking for my units that will be added when all the miniatures are painted, see the attachment.

Nemissary
02-08-2009, 17:26
The blues look very nice. You have really outdone yourself with the combination of new minis and old OOP minis mized into the same group.

No-One
02-08-2009, 18:00
maybe large(as in bloated) machines, who's stomach consists of a large toxic sack or something similar, with feeder pipes running up the arms into long syringe fingers, or injector blade fingers, something like that.

seems like it would be cool, but i dont know, maybe thats just me

HK-47
02-08-2009, 18:35
Squad Markings & Plaguebearers?

I need to come up with a conversion to represent Plaguebearers in my Daemon army as I need to include a objective grabbing unit, I had thought of using the Micro Art techpriests but it doesn't feel right. That and I like to be able to use the army in GWs store which I can't do with those models.

So if anyone could share ideas on robotic conversions what I could use for plaguebearers it be a great help?

Also I've found some excellent squad marking for my units that will be added when all the miniatures are painted, see the attachment.

You could go with servitors, similar to the mechanithralls privateer press makes.

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/units/mechanithralls

They could be tech priest's who are in the process of turning themselves into machines.

the damned artificer
02-08-2009, 23:34
Some sort of medical robots with all sorts of dirty medical equipment like buzz saws and long needles for spinal injection, or desiesed servitors with bloated bellies would do well for plague bearers. Maybee just old thrashed servitors that is ill maintained like the ones described in dark adeptus, wanderinng the underhive of the forgeworld as rogues. To keep in line with the rest of the army and keep them undeamonic looking but still make the impression that you get very sick if wounded by their old dirty bionics.
Just my 2 cents :D

Dragon Lord
03-08-2009, 00:11
The renegade mechanicus are really good Proiteus, great use of the iron brotherhood wings on a necromancer model for the avatar, it really looks like a fitting wielder of the might of the Machine God.
For the plague bearers I would second the damned artificers suggestion of some sort of medical robots, that should adequately represent the poisoned nature of their attacks. If you make them reasonably bulky that should be enough to show their higher toughness, and that combined with the medical tools should be fine as an explaination of feel no pain.

Satan
03-08-2009, 09:15
The Avatar looks real nice. Great use of that CSM head. Did you magnetize the wings?

The Warmachine figs would be great as plaguebearers but since you'd preferably want to use GW mini's... Hm. I'd say skeletons with machine parts thrown in but... Maybe ghouls? Ideally you'd want some mechanical CC constructs with something like force weapons to explain their poisoned attacks. Maybe flayed ones with headswaps?

Proiteus
03-08-2009, 13:57
Well when I first started this army I learned early on is the less human it looks the better, so I'm not too keen on the idea of servitors I've also only got 2 weeks to assemble and paint this squad along with several others. So I can only work with what I got or what I can get at my local GW.

Heres an idea for my Plaguebearer models, it's gotta be something durable and slow moving in appearance so how about something based on THIS GUY (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/250/13/) like the one below. (isn't mine)

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs8/300W/i/2005/306/4/1/LatD___Chaos_spawn_prototype_by_Cubbie7.jpg

Just give it a mechanicus twist a few vents on the top and a weapon of some short like a tail, any ideas how to build one?

Any thoughts?

Satan
03-08-2009, 14:15
Nah. Don't like it. An idea would be to use the old school obliterators which are normal infantry-sized models. Or just normal Necron pariahs with leg conversions...

Proiteus
03-08-2009, 15:28
Nah. Don't like it. An idea would be to use the old school obliterators which are normal infantry-sized models. Or just normal Necron pariahs with leg conversions...

I do like those ideas but both miniatures are very hard to get cheap. How about I convert some robed Dark Angels adding long sleves and covering up the backpack. Similar to the Avatar but with only hands and face showing?

Son of the Lion
03-08-2009, 21:09
Like deathly robotic monks, you mean?

Could be very cool - especially if you had a (sickly green?) glow emanating from the hoods and sleeves.

HK-47
03-08-2009, 21:17
I actually like it.

Although to be honest I'm a huge fan of "Naruto" and Sasori is one of my favorite characters. So, I guess I'm bias. :p

You definitely would need to make the concept more machine like; incorporate the avatars design into it.

Frowbakk
04-08-2009, 00:25
Well when I first started this army I learned early on is the less human it looks the better, so I'm not too keen on the idea of servitors I've also only got 2 weeks to assemble and paint this squad along with several others. So I can only work with what I got or what I can get at my local GW.

Heres an idea for my Plaguebearer models, it's gotta be something durable and slow moving in appearance so how about something based on THIS GUY (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/250/13/) like the one below. (isn't mine)

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs8/300W/i/2005/306/4/1/LatD___Chaos_spawn_prototype_by_Cubbie7.jpg

Just give it a mechanicus twist a few vents on the top and a weapon of some short like a tail, any ideas how to build one?

Any thoughts?

Base model a WHFB Ghoul, for that hunchbacked quality and inhuman look.

Use leftover Tau or Necron bits for visible bionics, and never underestimate what turning something sideways or upside down will do to disguise it's origins.

A greenstuff & guitar wire gasmask to make the heads even more inhuman, ladened down with heavy-looking tubes and pressurized tanks on the back.

Some sort of heavy looking techy two-handed weapon to represent the Plaguesword, maybe with a chainsword edge, or something Necron Warscythe-like. (or maybe repurposed digging tools, the better for uncovering buried artifacts)

Stimm-injectors around the torso (or back of the skull) for that Feel No Pain bonus.

Clip lengths of paperclip or wire to run alongside shins and forearms with greenstuff bracers for that augmentive exoskeleton look.

Greenstuff robes (perhaps tattered) to taste.

Proiteus
04-08-2009, 12:11
If I had a bit more time I'd consider it but I haven't, I'm gonna go with my 2nd idea.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/thumb/6/6d/Techpriest.jpg/200px-Techpriest.jpg

Basically the model will look similar to this guy but hooded. 1st off green stuff a torned and weathered cloak over a Dark Angel body with some sort of vent on the back and add long robed sleves. At the end of the right arm will be a blade painted to look like its drenched in poison and the left arm will have a robotic hand (either the fist from the old necron immortal or the open hand from the destroyer model)

Problem is coming up with a head for the model that can have a hood put over it, I'm thinking of using the bare space marine head with the breather but I want to try something a little less human looking like the rest of my models?

Satan
04-08-2009, 13:07
Necron heads? Servo skulls?

Gazak Blacktoof
04-08-2009, 13:22
What about the Kolony feral heads from pig iron productions http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd_13_window.htm? They seem quite menacing, dark and "techy".

I like Frowbakk's idea for using ghouls as part of the army, if some (or all) of the bones were cut and filed off with cables and tubing attached instead they could be made to look like feral servitors. It doesn't fit too well with your preference for non-human models though.

Proiteus
04-08-2009, 20:34
A friend of mine just brought up a issue with this idea. Which is that this conversion doesn't really match up with anything else in the army with the robes for example and it's more human than robot in appearance. But after some thought I realised I could come up with an alternative model that suits the rest of the army's appearance but I only have 2 weeks. So I've decided to look at this unit as more of cyborg warriors that have allied with the Zanatorians rather than being a robotic unit, what do you think?

What about the Kolony feral heads from pig iron productions http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/hd_13_window.htm? They seem quite menacing, dark and "techy".

I considered them too, but I'm going to be using them in a future feral human army project.

Son of the Lion
05-08-2009, 07:59
What about using some over sized humanoids (like catachans or even orks?) with big chunks of their anatomy replaced with armoured / robotic elements to represent Vat-grown warriors - that would possibly be a bit easier than the (excellent) greenstuff intensive ghoul idea.

Satan
05-08-2009, 09:29
I think the cyborg approach is the way to go. Lots of ways to get some leaking fluids in there too. Question is what models to use? My spontaneous reaction would be servitors...

Kriegfreak
05-08-2009, 11:04
Lots of work and love went into this army man, and it shows! As for your centerpiece, well I think its pretty much perfect. Nice paint jobs all around to. You get 5/5 from me for effort alone.

Proiteus
25-08-2009, 19:46
Zanatorian Machine Cult First Field Report

Well my Mechancius army had their first set of games last week and it worked out pretty well, with a few exceptions.

First they played in a small 600pt tourney at the Newcastle store; I entered with the 2 chariots and 4 squads of 6 horrors, 1 with the changling. I annihilated my first two opponents utterly but the 3rd proved a problem due to the Ďnullzoneí power. If it hadnít been for that I would have likely won it instead of drawing and coming 2nd.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/237/4/d/4d2ccf2cd0eee3d970f21532f3d28b41.jpg

Then it was on to the big 1750pt games against my friendís space marine chapter. The army still required some touch ups like squad marking and the plaguebearers has yet to be created, which if Iím lucky youíll see one tomorrow.

Overall it went okay the flamers earned the points every time as did the princes, the avatar however first game it scattered badly and was destroyed during deep strike and the 2nd game it was destroyed in itís first combat by some bad rolls and a thunder hammer. But as the week went on I learned how to use the army better, one game I used a small Iron Guard (horrors) unit as bait to lure an expensive assault squad led by a chaplain into an ambush from my flamers and Golem (Daemon Prince).

The only downside to the week was out of the 5 players I faced 1 found the army too confusing which clearly made the game less enjoyable for him. This is what I feared would happen. Now I wonder if I should just use the daemon army for games at my gaming club and not use them at competitive tournaments until the Necron codex comes out. Anyway will see how the army plays at Warhammer World on Thursday at the summer war tournament. If it goes well and no problems occur Iíll use it at the Open War tournament in October.

Tomorrow: The Black Ghosts

synapse
26-08-2009, 10:34
extremely original army, and very good conversions to boot. i love the steel scorpions. very cool :)

Dezmord
26-08-2009, 10:49
That's a great in-battle-shot :D

The only downside to the week was out of the 5 players I faced 1 found the army too confusing which clearly made the game less enjoyable for him.
As it were only 600points games (if I've read it correctly), it shouldn't be too hard to remember which unit represents what.

Proiteus
26-08-2009, 12:53
As it were only 600points games (if I've read it correctly), it shouldn't be too hard to remember which unit represents what.

No it was one of the 1750pt games against another opponent, I'm afraid.

Proiteus
28-08-2009, 11:16
Zanatorian Robowraiths?

First things first the name ĎRobowraithí is only a nickname, they soon be given a proper title so feel free to suggest a name for them as Iíll be running a poll tomorrow on my Deviantart page to decide upon what to call them.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2009/240/c/8/Zanatorian_Robowraith_by_Proiteus.jpg

Iím very grateful to the person who came up with this conversion idea and helped me create the cloaks for them, sadly I couldnít come up with a suitable model to represent the plaguebearers that would fit in with the rest of the army myself. So he assembled a mock up miniature and showed it to me, hes now working on his own mechanicus army.

The robots themselves are made from a very durable material which makes them hard to damage and if you look closely at the blade you can see the poison I painted on it using the purple wash. Theyíll represent plaguebearers and flayed ones.

Iím now working on a ninth model for my 1750pt army a long with a ratling objective marker called sergeant Baggins lol.

With the final model completed I have put together a small reference sheet for my opponent to avoid any confusion about the models in general.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/238/d/a/da801d5c7f4017021af12f10127e61b1.jpg

Satan
28-08-2009, 12:04
Real nice reference sheet you got there. And I think you found a good way to represent plaguebearers. I see there's also one in the reference sheet whcih we haven't had a shot of yet... ;-)

Cal585
28-08-2009, 14:23
Looking great! Those wraiths are a great model.
Also think your reference sheet is a handy idea, though you have two of your units listed as 'Zanatorian Flamers' shouldn't the screamer be a disrupter or something?

tinfoil
28-08-2009, 15:58
Nice. I like your solution for plaguebearers. The model, floating as it does, might suggest something speedier than shambling, slow-and-purposeful daemons. But it's also possible to see the wraith-creatures as slow floaters, spectral and so very tough (FNP). I think it works. And it extends the ideas and images of the army.

The reference sheet is a good idea here. Your opponents will appreciate it.

All in all, this continues to be a wonderful army to follow, bristling with creative ideas.

Proiteus
28-08-2009, 19:54
though you have two of your units listed as 'Zanatorian Flamers' shouldn't the screamer be a disrupter or something?

I was wondering if anyone was going to notice that, I will be changed when I update the refrence sheet after I make my Bloodthrister avatar :evilgrin:

Proiteus
01-09-2009, 20:08
Zanatorian Deathstalkers

Here the full squad of what are now known as the ĎZanatorian Deathstalker robotsí and one of my best converted squads in the army.

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs27/i/2009/244/e/3/Zanatorian_Deathstalkers_by_Proiteus.jpg

So much so Iím considering making another Zanatorian army based on these darker looking units? But will see how the current army does first?

Cassarus
01-09-2009, 20:56
Oh, looking ace!
But I think you should ad another one to make them nine, just like the Nazguls they resembles so much! Maybe make a bigger one and use him as a herald of nurgle?!

Dezmord
01-09-2009, 22:15
Yeah, they really look great! The robes tie them to the Avatar and the robotic parts to the rest of the army - they should blend into it nicely.

Kriegfreak
03-09-2009, 02:06
Deathstalkers, i love those man. They really fit with the army. The cloaks are sweet, and I love the blank round robotic heads.

Darthvegeta800
06-09-2009, 17:46
Gorgeous design, well-executed idea!

Zaku41k
07-09-2009, 02:00
I like the name Robotwraith, they look like the RingWraith from LOTR.. but from 40K.
Cool stuff! :)

tinfoil
07-09-2009, 14:09
Great posing on the deathstalkers! I really like the flow and feel of those compositions. And the eerie glowing orb-heads are very atmospheric. First rate stuff! Well done.

Malzeth
07-09-2009, 14:36
I can;t see any of your pics (because my work server blocks deviantart) but i'm subscribed just from what i've read and i'm going to break some speed limits on the way home so i can have a proper look at your log with images.. this all sounds very down my street.. will say more constructive things later.

tcraigen
09-09-2009, 20:45
yeah they look very cool, good solution them. I like their glowy-globe like faces very creepy and hypnotic.

Proiteus
17-09-2009, 10:54
Zanatorian Update

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/260/c/f/Zanatorian_Random_Pic_by_Proiteus.jpg

THEY WON BEST PRIZE AT THE SUMMER WAR TOURNAMENT AT WARHAMMER WORLD! AS WELL AS COMING 2ND PLACE JUST A FEW PTS BEHIND THE WINNER

It was a great day, allowing me to test the army's performance and see how people reacted to it. Everyone loved the army and best of all no one had a problem with the 'counts as' rule that the army is built around. Most importantly the judges for Open War which is the tournament this army was built for loved the models and couldn't wait to see them appear in their tournament.

The Games
The army's performance was excellent! I had made some changes to the original list. 1st off was I had downgraded the Lord Of Change to a winged daemon prince as all I was after was a nasty combat unit to defend my fragile units from close combat and the LOC wasnít built for that, it also freed up an extra 110pts. The next change was shifting the icons from the horror squads because the conversions looked awful to the chariot and plaguebearers allowing me to have one icon on offense and have another zipping round the board at 12 inches a turn allowing me to spread out my forces better.

In the first round I wiped out a whole Eldar army with the exception of the Avatar which I avoided altogether. The Robot of the round had to be the flamers who annihilated 9 striking scorpions upon deep striking in the first turn and held up the champion and avatar for 2 turns with their inv saves.

Second round I was up against some orks which I thought was going to be interesting as I my armyís weapons will cut down orks easy but if they get into combat with me it could turn nasty. But once again the army shined losing only 1 squad of horrors to a 30 boy dog pile on an objective I was holding I managed to wipe out the entire ork army. Robots of the round this time was the Deathstalkers (Plaguebearers) who put up a fantastic fight against a large mob of storm boyz and Zagstruk for 3 turns before I threw in a prince to finish up.

Now in the 3rd round I fought against an army led by the raven guard special character and it quite scary to see 10 assault terminators fleeting across the board towards my lines. First off I threw my flamers at them and only killed 1 terminator the captain broke off and charged them while the terminators continued towards my lines. He was later cut down by a shot from the chariot when he failed his fleet roll and was left in the open. The rest of his army wasnít the problem and the deathstalkers and avatar were already closing in on his objective, whilst the horrors were shooting down any marines that go close to mine.
I was eventually able to slow the terminators down with the Nurglings who kept them back for 2 turns and even killed 2 of them allowing me to bring my princes around to cut down their enemy squad.

A very successful first day for the Zanatorian Machine Cult!

Now all that is left is squad markings and 2 flamers 2 horrors and 1 plaguebearer to bolster up the ranks for 1750pt game plus the Ratling Frodo objective.

Kriegfreak
19-09-2009, 02:19
Grats dude!

Papawolf
23-09-2009, 21:38
I was there at teh tournament. i really liked the idea of the army although the fact that they were deamons not necrons was a bit disappoitning and confusing in my opinion.
i was playing fantasy, i had the smurf/goblin army.
congrats

Proiteus
24-09-2009, 19:23
I was there at teh tournament. i really liked the idea of the army although the fact that they were deamons not necrons was a bit disappoitning and confusing in my opinion.
i was playing fantasy, i had the smurf/goblin army.
congrats

Well if you have a look at some of the eariler entries in the log that was where I was heading, but then 5th edition made Necrons a very hard army to play, especially at my local gaming club with all the competitive players.
I did some hard thinking of an alternative codex to use and arrived at Daemons. The codex is fun to play and I've enjoyed every game with them so far, a lot more than I would of using the Necrons codex.

But the bottom line is I'll only be using the Daemon codex until the Necrons are redone.

Papawolf
24-09-2009, 21:52
fair play. well done at the tournament

Proiteus
30-09-2009, 21:29
Zanatorian Objectives

Well the project is almost completed; hopefully next week I’ll upload a selection of photographs of the miniature in action on the tabletop.

But for now I have constructed a themed set of objective markers.

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/274/5/d/5df5f59af5ac36e1491259e44fa0fd58.jpg

For Seize Ground missions you've got the two pieces of ancient tech and for Capture and Control you have the Machine Lord himself, overseeing his creations in action. I've also made a small tower from bits when I was bored one evening. (Can anyone name the RTS game it’s clearly inspired by?)

Tomorrow I’ll upload the Natural Objectives set which I make for my opponents to use, one of which is an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor to be used by Imperial opponents in Capture and Control missions when I use my Machine Lord objective.

Proiteus
01-10-2009, 16:09
Objectives & The Inquisition
Now that you've seen the themed objective markers I thought I'd show you my Neutral objectives that are designed to look like something most races would fight over.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/274/1/a/Netural_Objectives_Set_by_Proiteus.jpg

As you can see they're a lot of cool stuff, I'm tempted to create a whole set for the crystal objective and make some crystals on 25mm bases.

But my favourite has to be the Inquisitor.

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/274/7/b/Inquisitor_Lord_Vulcan_by_Proiteus.jpg

I have a grot army with imperial wargear, sorcerers who reanimate their enemyís corpses to serve them and a renegade machine cult. And yet Iíve never faced an Inquisitor on the board.

So I decided to create an Inquisitor objective marker for Capture and control missions for opponents with Imperial armies to use. He is also an excellent opposing objective for the Zanatorian Machine Lord objective.

Whitehorn
01-10-2009, 16:24
Excellent ideas and execution here. You've inspired me for some of my infantry I'm having trouble imagining. Keep up the sound work :)

Proiteus
01-10-2009, 21:45
Thanks, I always aim to impress :D

Proiteus
02-10-2009, 22:25
All armies need squad markings in tournaments to allow my opponent to figure out which squad is which, like yesterday during a game where 4 monstrous creatures and a broodlord was closing in on some surving Iron Guard bots, nasty story.

Anyway some of you may remember my original post about squad markings: Squad Markings (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3822932&postcount=146)

Well here they are ancient autobot squad markings.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/275/3/6/Squad_Markings_by_Proiteus.jpg

Also although this model was one of the first models to be created it was later edited to make look more suited for representing a Tzeentch Flamer as opposed to the Necron Immortal that it was going to represent originally.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/275/a/6/Zanatorian_Flamer_by_Proiteus.jpg

There were 2 small changes to that were made to the model. The first alteration was the jumpback exhaust made from the Baneblade flamer tip as the Tzeentch Flamer has jumpback movement, this inspired the 2nd change which was replacing the small Epic Knight feet with Sentinel toes since it would require a large feet to make a stable landing.

You can see here for original for comparison: Original Model (http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/030/0/9/Zanatorian_Dragoon_Mk3_Model_by_Proiteus.jpg)

Also I decided to call them Flamers because thatís what they are.

Now if only I could find a decent board and a good enough camera to take some eye candy of the units on the board!!!

Proiteus
18-10-2009, 16:16
Codex Cover

The army is fully complete at 1750pts and with 2 weeks to go before the Open War tournament aka judgement day, I'm getting in as much practice as possible for it. I've also had someone create a codex cover for them as well. Check it out...

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/i/2009/240/2/1/Zanatorian_Machine_Cult_by_warp_zero.jpg

Created by Tim Divar, some of you may have seen his works in the Firebase Warseer mag.

The next and final post will be a report on how the army preformed at Open War on the 31st october. Hope it's good news.

puppetmaster24
19-10-2009, 01:06
nooo don't stop. i love this log.

Proiteus
19-10-2009, 19:36
nooo don't stop. i love this log.

Well don't worry I'll be setting up another log soon after,

Also I forgot to mention that the next upload will be the ratling sgt baggins an amusing themed objective for my robowraiths.

malika
19-10-2009, 22:16
Can't wait to see more! Keep up the good work!

tcraigen
19-10-2009, 22:56
Cover work looks good.

malika
20-10-2009, 09:34
So erm...what can we expect next? :)

Proiteus
20-10-2009, 10:18
So erm...what can we expect next? :)

Well first things first I need to get my grot rebellion back on the board so I've started a log for their rebuild...

BRINGING BACK THE REBELLION ARMY LOG (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222217)

And after that I'm going to make a feral human ork army, Mad Max style...

FERAL HUMAN CONVERSIONS (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194429)

But at the moment I'm currently considering a small elite tau army built up around a Tau Battle Armour conversion I made a while ago...

TAU XV-23 BATTLE ARMOUR CONVERSION (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225420)

malika
20-10-2009, 16:03
Ah reviving that Battle Armour plan! Great job!

kiwichild
22-10-2009, 06:37
Those are some inspiring objective markers, shamelessly saved to my inspiration folder.:D

Proiteus
22-10-2009, 22:25
BONUS STUFF: SAVING RATLING PRIVATE BAGGINS

Most of you would have seen The Zanatorian Deathstalkers (http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs27/i/2009/279/b/1/Zanatorian_Deathstalkers_by_Proiteus.jpg)

These guys have earned the nickname robowraith and since I had 9 of them I couldn't help but make this comedy objective marker entitled 'Saving Ratling Private Baggins'

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs50/i/2009/295/d/5/Ratling_Baggins_Objective_by_Proiteus.jpg

I tried to make a sniper rifle to go on the base but all of them were too big in comparson to mr frodo. Instead I stuck a guard backpack, grenade and army knife on the base, as well as give mr baggins a band & berret which is resting on the tree stumb.

Anyway it's good for a laugh. All that leaves now is a few touch ups and putting the fluff on paper.

Tommygun
23-10-2009, 03:50
That's funny!
Maybe Baggins needs a stealth suit, but I'm not sure how you would model it.

Dezmord
23-10-2009, 09:50
That's quite a laugh! Nice to see your themed objectives - much cooler than the usual stuff most people use!

Proiteus
30-10-2009, 23:33
The Machine Cult's Background

Of course this army has a large background and since I was unable to create a comic based around it, I decided to have some artwork made that would have a small description of the Zanatorians above it; similar to a page from a codex.

http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs50/i/2009/303/2/c/Zana_Background_Art_by_Proiteus.jpg

The Zanatorian Machine Cult

Devout followers of the Machine God and once loyal supporters to the Imperium of Man - have taken on a role unfitting of any loyal servant. Freed from the shackles forced upon them by the Treaty of Mars, the Zanatorians have looked beyond what the Imperium dictates to pioneer new and forbidden technologies; one of which is their armies of sentient machines that are all connected by a mind impulse unit to a Machine Lord; the ruling caste of the Zanatorian Machine Cult.

It is because of this that the Zanatorians are regarded as heretics and were nearly hunted to annihilation by the Inquisition; the Zanatorians have boldly taken on the task of protecting an ungrateful galactic empire. With such a daunting task ahead of them they choose to specialize in hit and run tactics to avoid conflicting with Imperial forces, often emerging from the shadows to defend a besieged world before vanishing without a trace.

The Zanatorian Machine Cult is viewed in many ways by different people some call them heretics who are out to disrupt the stability of the Imperium, whilst others believe they are guardians of humanity.

With such a daunting task ahead of them, the methodically inhuman nature of the Machine Cult may be exactly what the realm of Man needs to help defend itself against those who would wish to destroy it.

----

The artwork does seem to have trouble portraying what I wanted as it seems focused on the marines rather than the avatar and it doesn't really look like their fighting, but I only gave the artist one week so I don't reallly mind it does the job.

Anyway Judgement day tommorrow; will they achieve the goal of winning best army will have to wait and see?

Dezmord
31-10-2009, 01:10
Anyway Judgement day tommorrow; will they achieve the goal of winning best army will have to wait and see?
I'll cross my fingers for you! Good luck!

Proiteus
31-10-2009, 23:07
Well it was judgement day today and I was really hoping that this army would win best army, I could come last in the tournament. All that mattered was the ĎBest Army Awardí

Sadly I didnít win best army, I was so disappointedÖ Then it was announced that there was an award for best converted army called ĎThe Big Mek Awardí AND I WON IT!

http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/304/6/5/65cfc7801087414442ae16897bb32e15.jpg

AND THATíS NOT ALL OF IT.

After the judging at lunch time I found a card on my table underneath on of the miniatures, GW is interested in displaying the Zanatorian Machine Cult in the Miniatures Hall at Warhammer World.

Which is fantastic, so somewhere in the future they will be on display at Warhammer World!

Iím so glad that this army has worked at so well, thanks for all your feedback guys Iíll let you know what army project Iím working on next soon. But the Zanatorian project is completed now and wonít see any more work done to it until the Necron codex is out.

-- Project Complete --
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs50/i/2009/304/e/4/Zanatorian_Tourney_Report_by_Proiteus.jpg

Dezmord
01-11-2009, 01:04
Congratulations! You and your army definately deserved the price!

Magos Explorator
01-11-2009, 11:10
Congratulations. :) It's a great-looking, well-built force!

Proiteus
01-11-2009, 18:29
Thanks

I'll be getting in contact with the person at Warhammer World to arrange my armies appearance.

Evil Steve
01-11-2009, 21:56
Congradulations! Worthy indeed.

BTW where did you find the Rogue Trader Dreadnaught? I love those things.

Proiteus
01-11-2009, 22:06
BTW where did you find the Rogue Trader Dreadnaught? I love those things.

Where else... eBay ;)

Surprising both were completed untouched neither glued or painted.

252nd Fire Dragoon
02-11-2009, 04:21
Aloha,
Congradulations man. Glad to hear that your models will be in Warhammer World. I have followed your log, and must say, it is good to hear someone other then us on the forum appreciate your work. Good luck!

Proiteus
12-11-2009, 23:37
Warhammer World Display Dates
Just to let you guys know both my Mechanicus Army and Grots will be on display at the Miniatures Hall at Warhammer World between the 16th Of January & 14th Of March, just in case you wanted to see this army in person.

http://warhammerworld.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451ede869e2010536fd5ce4970c-600wi

Adam Calver - Rebel Grots vs Chaos Daemons - 16th January - 14th March
Highly converted and with some very unique ideas behind them, both of Adam's armies are worth spending time looking over and here are displayed fighting one another. His 'counts as' Chaos Daemon army is like no other around and sure to inspire fertile imaginations.

Once again hope you found the log interesting and look forward to your feedback on future projects?

precinctomega
13-11-2009, 08:50
Excellent work, overall, Adam. And a worthy addition to the Hall of Fame!

R.

spaint2k
13-11-2009, 10:04
Congratulations!

I think your Zanatorians are one of the most creative armies I've ever seen. Brilliant!

tinfoil
13-11-2009, 14:25
Indeed, warm congratulations. That's an impressive achievement, and testament to a unique and well-crafted army.

Proiteus
17-01-2010, 20:18
Just to let you guys know, The Zanatorian Machine Cult is on display at the Citadel Miniatures Hall
at Warhammer World; Nottingham along with my Grot Rebellion army for the next 2 months.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_W2vhl5bYgdE/SfRuPiyHDaI/AAAAAAAAASg/goE9enbiC3w/s400/DSC00110.JPG

Max1mum
18-01-2010, 08:28
will you expand one of your 3 armies ?

or do you have a new project in the planning ?

Nicho
07-02-2010, 01:57
Absolutely fantastic work mate, you've got a hell of a knack at converting armys :)

Proiteus
23-06-2010, 21:15
MY CURRENT & UPCOMING PROJECTS
For those of you who have enjoyed following me through the creation of the Zanatorians here are links to my other projects which I am currenting working on (click on their names to go to the project logs)

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/073/d/f/Grot_Rebelz_Squad_2_by_Proiteus.jpg
My current project: THE GROT REBELLION (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222217) (A Grot Guard Mech Army)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/205/2/2/22fa553667ffb362b09dab44b9d11adb.jpg
& My future project: THE KROGGS (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194429)(a Mad Max themed ork army)

Nordic
24-06-2010, 10:12
I am sooo looking forward to the Kroggs!

Barbarossa
24-06-2010, 11:38
So first you're doing Grots with IG rules, then humans with ork rules. Next up: Tau close combat army with Tyranid rules! :-D

nooker
24-06-2010, 22:12
& My future project: THE KROGGS (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194429)(a Mad Max themed ork army)

Tell me you have access to the Gorka Morka rules? Those would rock for a Digga Mob!

nooker

Commander Zane
25-06-2010, 00:45
grot rebels?!?!?! mad max themed stuff?!?!?! me likey alot :D also the machine cult is stunning. custom made armies are always kick ass

captian Maklai
23-01-2011, 21:46
I know what'd fit in great with this army!
Check these things out; Zenith mekmen!:chrome:

ChankaLanka
17-03-2011, 10:39
Incredible use of mechanical bits from all the different ranges. Scratch-built robots from so many different kits make for some of the most amazing mechanicus armies.

I actually really like the idea of using Necron rules for these, purely because Necrons are a codex that is hard to make a counts-as army with. You seemed to pull it off perfect!

Animatronica
17-03-2011, 14:01
i love love LOVE your army! i would love to play it one day, so rich in background and character!

I think the Kroggs are amazing and i think a whole army of them would look amazing!

good work sir!

Proiteus
03-12-2011, 23:11
THE ZANATORIAN'S FINAL UPDATE!
Sorry for the thread necromancy but there are 2 important matters I'd like to bring up regarding this project...

ARMY OF KILLER ROBOTS FOR SALE
1st off The Zanatorian Machine Cult Army everything from this log with the exception of the deathstalkers is up for sale! This is due to the fact I can't afford to expand it to a full necron force due to the amount of epic knight titans I would have to hunt down on ebay to rebuild it! Plus I have too much respect for it to gather dust so I'd rather it go to a good home.
Also I have the bitz to create a mobile mechanicus factory if anyone is interested, if so click the link below?

YOU CAN FIND PHOTOGRAPHS OF ALL THE MODELS ON THE 'FOR SALE' THREAD LOCATED HERE! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324381)

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs51/300W/i/2009/281/5/2/The_Zanatorian__s_Background_by_Proiteus.jpg

THE ZANATORIAN'S LEGACY WILL LIVE ON!
Secondly whilst I can't afford to redo this army as a necron force, I will instead use some of the conversions from this project to create a small Legio Cybernetica army using the grey knight codex mainly because Iíll like the option of being able to use them alongside my Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons Army (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297148) at tournaments as the legion's use of robotic auxiliary forces was often mentioned in the Thousand Sons novel.

SO IF YOU ENJOYED SEEING THE ZANATORIANS TAKE SHAPE PLEASE CLICK HERE
AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK FOR THE LEGIO CYBERNETICA PROJECT (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325870)

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/321/6/f/iron_guard_squad_by_proiteus-d247mkl.jpg

Anyway thanks for all your support during this project and I hope you'll follow my Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297148) & Legio Cybernetica (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325870) logs with the same amount of interest.