PDA

View Full Version : wood elf questions

rickie8437
31-01-2009, 23:32
im think of starting a wood elf army

and i went out and got the army book and started to read it

im alittle stuck on the armour save that glade guard and glade riders have

now i know the glade riders get +1 as there mounted but plus one to what?

and whats the save for glade guard ive looked through the book and cant find it

all help would be great thanks

GodlessM
01-02-2009, 00:00
The reason you can't find it is because there is none.

And the Glade Riders save is +1 to nothing, ie. they have a 6+ save.

New to Fantasy I assume?

havoc626
01-02-2009, 00:03
The BRB has all the rules for armour and such, so it isn't often you will find the Armour saves in a unit's profile.

devolutionary
01-02-2009, 00:08
Indeed, saves aren't shown in the unit profiles at all in my experience (unless special rules kick in). Armour comes in Light, Heavy, Shield, Barding, from being Mounted, and {insert other here}. If they don't have anything listed, they have no armour.

Neckutter
01-02-2009, 04:33
yep, things dont automatically come with an armor save in WHFB. crazy elves coming to battle with leaves for armor, eh? dang treehuggers!

but yeah, a healthy read of the BRB, then a re-reading of the book would be a great thing.

Lord Dan
01-02-2009, 05:38
The reason you can't find it is because there is none.

That could so easily be applied to a whole range of life lessons...

devolutionary
01-02-2009, 05:45
Along with "it's always in the last place you look", eh? :p

havoc626
01-02-2009, 07:54
The execptions I was on about were chariot entries. They are the only ones I can think of.

The Red Scourge
01-02-2009, 10:14
And don't get put off by the lack of saves on wood elves – the best we can get is a 3+ armor save. We're compensated for this a plenty by loose skirmish formations and fast cavalry.

The army is great and has a great internal balance. There are no army builds of super cheese, as the VC, DoC and DE has taken over the spotlight.

But the best thing to do is to head over to asrai.org, and suck in all the knowledge of the WE community. I did so, and I usually massacre my opposition.

rickie8437
01-02-2009, 11:19
thanks and no im not new to fantasy lol

just all the armys i have done have had armour and had it writen what they have

thanks for the help

and thanks for that web site been a great read

Lord Dan
01-02-2009, 15:46
There are no army builds of super cheese, as the VC, DoC and DE has taken over the spotlight.

I don't have time to post a list in defiance of this comment, but I assure you it can be done.