PDA

View Full Version : The Kill Everything Spell

Nicha11
01-02-2009, 01:58
The main goal of this list is to get Kroak close to the enemy and then either.

a) spam the 5" version of his spell.

b) drop the 24" bomb shell and really start hurting his army.

As always any C&C is always welcome.

Characters

Lord Kroak

Scar-Vet, Cold One Hide, Great Weapon
141pts

Skink Priest, lv2, Power Stone
120pts

Core

20 Saurus, Spears, Full command
270pts

10 Skink Skirmishers 70pts

21 Saurus, Spears, Full command
281pts

Special

21 Temple Guard, Full command 35pts
371pts

total 1993pts

Saviour
01-02-2009, 04:01
Just out of curiosity, why take the Temple Guard without a Slann? How do you justify the extra 5 points to go from Saurus Warriors to Temple Guard without the Stubborn or ItP rules?

Nicha11
01-02-2009, 05:03
Just out of curiosity, why take the Temple Guard without a Slann? How do you justify the extra 5 points to go from Saurus Warriors to Temple Guard without the Stubborn or ItP rules?

Kroak makes them unbreakable:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

Lord Dan
01-02-2009, 05:32
...and stubborn with the cold blooded rule and a re-roll from a BSB is mathematically fairly similar to unbreakable.

Nicha11
01-02-2009, 05:36
...and stubborn with the cold blooded rule and a re-roll from a BSB is mathematically fairly similar to unbreakable.

But it just isn't quite the same :)

kroq'gar
01-02-2009, 05:40
autobreaking...

Nicha11
01-02-2009, 05:42
Does anyone have anything to post about the list:confused:

Lord Dan
01-02-2009, 05:50
It looks fine. Why not take something other than a special character?

Nicha11
01-02-2009, 05:53
It looks fine. Why not take something other than a special character?

Wanted to try out Kroak, not sure yet whether he is worth it.

Nerhesi
01-02-2009, 06:01
What happens if Demons, High Elves or Dwarves take one or more of the 4+ I destroy lord kroak's only spell? Because I think that would be amaaaazing!

Nicha11
01-02-2009, 06:36
What happens if Demons, High Elves or Dwarves take one or more of the 4+ I destroy lord kroak's only spell? Because I think that would be amaaaazing!

Why thank you for your contribution to the discussion. Your insight has helped me with my list.

Your deep and moving words inspire as never before.....

Seriously.......

El'Flashman
01-02-2009, 10:17
Why thank you for your contribution to the discussion. Your insight has helped me with my list.

Your deep and moving words inspire as never before.....

Seriously.......

I think the guy has a point, IIRC even the Empire have such an item. Casket of Sorcery(?) takes the spell away and then you can recast it as a bound item with at it's normal casting value and then it's gone... or something like that.

TBH I don't think it's a good idea to design a list around a trick, if you're doing this as a one off thing just to 'try it out' sure go ahead because I don't think you really want advice just an appraisal of your list. Or should that just be praise? If you play with this list more than once I'm sure your opponents will figure out relatively straightforward way to gimp your one shot wonder.

ll Khainite ll
01-02-2009, 13:13
Haha, yeah, taking Kroak's only spell would be hilarious,
What's your 600pt charater gonna do now, CC?
:D

For the record, thanks to 'Nerhesi' for the idea, i've got a friend who plays Kroak...

grhino
01-02-2009, 14:25
I think the basic idea behind the list is ok, nothing more though. Many armies will easily be able to outmanouver you and a magic-heavy list against yours wil be terrible (Kroak ineffective and skinks dead early = very vulnerable saurus & TG units.

Heavy shooting against this army may pose a problem for you as well.

Dragon Prince of Caledor
01-02-2009, 16:54
Croak only has one spell? Havent read the book

Angelust
01-02-2009, 17:19
I played a list just like this yesterday, and the guy ran his flying skink priest in, channeled this spell, and did a little damage, After that, I just used dispel scrolls and jacked him up through combat and shooting.

I usually take the 4+ lose the spell item as well, just in case of uber-spells like this. For a 40 pt item, there's a 50% chance an army will cripple your list for the whole game. High Elves can actually take two, with Teclis and the scroll you can add to a character.

It seem to work okay, and it would decimate many MSU armies like Wood Elves, but anybody who knows what Kroak does will probably beat you pretty soundly.