PDA

View Full Version : Waaaaiiii!!! I've bought my first chaos dwarfs... but...

Urgat
01-02-2009, 10:31
But...I can't get the army list. I went to chaos-dwarfs.com, where I got the link to the pdf on the GW website, but either it's my connection, either it is down, but it won't d/l. Is there any alternative place where I could get it?

Leogun_91
01-02-2009, 10:45
Yay finally the Chaos dwarfs are no more......moahahahaha

ubertechie
01-02-2009, 10:45
It is available from here
http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/assets/Chaos_Dwarfs.pdf
cheers
ubertechie

Urgat
01-02-2009, 11:37
Thanks, this one works, cheers :)

Condottiere
01-02-2009, 11:38
You wonder if it is some deep conspiracy to remove every trace of your army, as if they never existed.

Wait a minute ...

FredNo1
01-02-2009, 11:53
You wonder if it is some deep conspiracy to remove every trace of your army, as if they never existed.

Wait a minute ...

they really should make a chaos dwarf book!

empire guy
01-02-2009, 14:47
In the back of the 7th edition rulebook, the basic characteristics for the Chaos armies was split into the three Chaos Armies before the actual army books where released.

There is also a listing for Chaos Dwarfs, could this be a sign GW may release an Army book for them?

cornixt
01-02-2009, 15:27
But...I can't get the army list. I went to chaos-dwarfs.com, where I got the link to the pdf on the GW website, but either it's my connection, either it is down, but it won't d/l. Is there any alternative place where I could get it?

Which link did you try? The links were all tested last week and worked, so I either missed one or it was a problem with the source website.

w3rm
01-02-2009, 15:38
congratz on joining the ranks of the dawi zharr! hope you have oodles of fun.

Harwammer
01-02-2009, 15:39
CDs are overpowered. ;)

I used to play with them; they were cool!

Urgat
01-02-2009, 15:40
congratz on joining the ranks of the dawi zharr! hope you have oodles of fun.

I should, back 12 years ago, it was three choices: greenskins, skavens, chaos dwarfs. I discarded the skavens because they seemed boring to paint, and then I had o discard the CD because the guy at the shop told me I wouldn't be able to buy them for much longer ><

As for the link, it's the one in the wiki. maybe it's my computer though, I had trouble accessing the oz version too at first.

cornixt
01-02-2009, 15:55
Hmmm, should be the same link, probably just a random computer error. There's a ton of other broken links on that page though, I should probably go through and cull them.

El'Flashman
01-02-2009, 16:05
Wow... just had a look at that site and I have to say. I've never been interested in CD being realised but I might just be a convert now. I think I'd like to see a proper CS army done by GW.

Sir_Turalyon
01-02-2009, 16:06
GW page was rewamped and plenty of articles were moved so old links don't work, or just deleted. Australian / New Zeland page seems yet untouched by this (as shown by ubertechie's working link).

Good thing I still have paper copy of Ravening Hordes...

legionaires
01-02-2009, 16:41
Chaos Dwarves was the first Fantasy army I ever saw and I still think they are the coolest but I was scared away from Fantasy to 40k by the rules for the Bretonnia special character that could turn your caster into a frog. Since then I have always hoped that GW would bring them back but it keeps looking like GW is going to Squat them but just doing nothing.

Lowmans
01-02-2009, 17:46
I always liked the Assyrians!? with blunderbusses! Cool!

Thommy H
01-02-2009, 17:54
Which link did you try? The links were all tested last week and worked, so I either missed one or it was a problem with the source website.

You could have just linked him to your reorganised version of the rules, Cornixt :p

The official Chaos Dwarf rules, sexified into a new, modern, format and with the benefit of (entirely optional) FAQ updates. (http://chaos-dwarfs.com/pdf/CDarmylist.pdf)

They're the same rules, we promise!

w3rm
01-02-2009, 18:03
Oh yeah Tommy H congratz on 1k posts on CDO! Tommy H it says in animosity special rule that there is waaagh. But on the revening hordes thier is no waaagh just squabble and plans a good 'un.

Harwammer
01-02-2009, 18:03
You could have just linked him to your reorganised version of the rules, Cornixt :p

The official Chaos Dwarf rules, sexified into a new, modern, format and with the benefit of (entirely optional) FAQ updates. (http://chaos-dwarfs.com/pdf/CDarmylist.pdf)

They're the same rules, we promise!

At risk of going off topic; surely bull centaurs use the great weapon rules for models on foot, rather than the 'mounted' rules. This is because 'cavalry' and 'mounted' are not always the same thing, as exemplified by the fact that cavalry which is not mounted does not get the mounted bonus. Bull centaurs don't use the mounted rules for armour save, so should surely not use the mounted rules for weapons? It seems especially silly that they'd have to use the mounted rules for additional hand weapons!

Or am I mistaken? thanks for any info.

That is a very good document you have produced, though. Congratulations on it!

Thommy H
01-02-2009, 18:10
Or am I mistaken? thanks for any info.

You are: by RAW, Bull Centaurs (as single-wound models on cavalry bases) count as "cavalry". According to the weapons rules, cavalry models use the "mounted" version of each weapon. So, even though they're neither mounted nor cavalry by any sensible definition, they get the worst of both worlds!

However, this is addressed in the document: an FAQ for the US Grand Tournament was released that allowed Bull Centaurs to count as infantry for the purposes of weapons. This is included as an optional rule in the army list, should your opponent allow you to use it.

it says in animosity special rule that there is waaagh. But on the revening hordes thier is no waaagh just squabble and plans a good 'un.

This was errata'd when the O&G book was released for 6th Edition. Greenskin units in a Chaos Dwarf army use the O&G animosity table, whatever that may be. Again, this is covered in the document.

Harwammer
01-02-2009, 18:17
You are: by RAW, Bull Centaurs (as single-wound models on cavalry bases) count as "cavalry". According to the weapons rules, cavalry models use the "mounted" version of each weapon. So, even though they're neither mounted nor cavalry by any sensible definition, they get the worst of both worlds!

Thats a shame! I'm sure most people won't mind CD players following the GT house rules so everything should be cool. I was suprised to read that CDs don't get extra DD for being a dwarf army too, but on reflection I do see why that ruling was made.

Thommy H
01-02-2009, 18:21
Don't start on that - we had someone throw a hissy fit and leave CDO recently because of that debate :p

Sclep
01-02-2009, 18:52
Looks like a great resource, that, Cornixt and Tommy H, but there is a precedent when considering giving black orcs magic banners. In the Ogre Kingdoms FAQ, it states DOW Ironguts are permitted to carry a magic banner from their book as stated in their unit description...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

At the OP: As a matter of interest, what type of chaos dwarfs did you buy?

Sclep

w3rm
01-02-2009, 19:48
Thanks for clarification Tommy H

Urgat
01-02-2009, 20:36
"coughcough"
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179871&page=2
woops I droped something >>

About the US GT FAQ, is there any connection with GW?

Thommy H
01-02-2009, 20:40
Only in the sense that it was an official Games Workshop event. I doubt very much that the design studio handed down the ruling personally, but it's consistent with how they would have worked by RAW in 6th Edition and I have a feeling it got FAQ'd in a Warhammer Chronicles article near the start of 6th Edition too (I really need to remember to look it up next time I get back to my parents' where my WD collection lives).

But, it's presented as an optional rule in this document, which is as it should be. By RAW, they can't use the additional hand weapon they have the option to take and only get +1 Strength with their great weapons. If you're strict, that's how you should play it, but I heartily recommend using the US GT ruling instead. If your opponent is letting you use Chaos Dwarfs, they're probably lenient enough to allow this interpretation.

cornixt
01-02-2009, 21:51
The US-GT ruling makes most sense to me. Unfortunately, BCs and similar creatures were completely overlooked in the rulebook and left with slightly odd rules if you go by RAW. Centigors get around it by having their rules spelled out, and most other centaur-style creatures side-step the issue by being monsters so don't follow the cavalry rules.

Every time I think I have adequestly explained what the RAW are and why, someone seems to disagree as if the "why" part wasn't there!

It's not as if CDs are well equipped to handle any of the newer armies anyway, so anyone who refuses is a douche or a bad player.