PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Scout Plastics

BlackIce
01-02-2009, 18:04
I was wondering today, admiring the horrible faces of an enemy squad of space marine scouts, why did they give them such horrible faces and why on earth are they all the same?! I presume there must have been some official comment or recriminations at some point about the whole thing. The old pewter models were some of the best models at the time in 3rd edition, now years later when they supposedly have the best techniques to make plastics, they look as though their heads were pressed in some vice as part of their initiation into the chapter.
So, is there a story or an official explanation as to how they got through quality control and why two more plastic sets were made with the same faces now?

Lord Damocles
01-02-2009, 18:07
Strangely enough, Scouts have a history of getting new models which are rubbish compared to their previous version. The Wolf Scouts were ruined by a re-sculpt as well...

BlackIce
01-02-2009, 18:12
God, I had forgotten too, didn't Brimstone hint that wolfscouts may be getting a plastic kit with the new Space Wolf releases? Poor lads are going to have square faces for certain, or maybe they may just provide a needed headswap for other chapters?

phoenixshroud
01-02-2009, 22:42
I hate the Wayne Rooney clones too.

I just used Catachan heads and the new Chaos Marauder Horsemen heads look just like the art work in the codex (especially the mohawk one).

Dasike
01-02-2009, 23:41
They are pretty much the same. I just use some from the sniper set or the scout biker set and I got some Chaos marauder heads which look pretty good for one old veteran sarge :D

Killgore
01-02-2009, 23:45
Tt would have been cool if the scouts got their mohawks back

Noserenda
01-02-2009, 23:59
Gah, i hates em, used wood elf heads with hoods on my snipers.

Inquisitor Engel
02-02-2009, 02:44
They're not half as bad if you move them further up the shoulders so they're where they should be.

Warboss Antoni
02-02-2009, 02:46
I hate the plastics. They remind me of turtles. The only good thing that set did is make a plastic shotgun. Go find some metal ones - A unit of metal ones costs the same as plastic on chaosorc.

Fixer
02-02-2009, 09:09
I used a bunch of van saar metal heads with my scouts. The results were much better than GIANT CHIN people.

http://www.slightlyodd.co.uk/lionguard/lgscouts.jpg

chromedog
02-02-2009, 09:21
I just gave some of mine helmets. Specifically cadian vox helmets. No more megacephalic scuts. The remainder got given Night Vision Goggles (NVG) which involved cutting the heads off at nose level and gluing the NVG bits on. You can't see their jaws now.
The plastic heads went into the bits box for swappsies later.

Earthbeard
02-02-2009, 09:48
Same, got 50+ scouts and not one of the mutants have there original heads....silly box faces.

Could have had such potential, hopefully if the SW scouts rumour is true, they have marauder style heads.

-DE-
02-02-2009, 10:34
I don't know, I love the scouts' faces exactly because of the exaggerated features...
Same reason why I like the militia/state troops models for Fantasy so much.