PDA

View Full Version : Generic warhound colours?

Your Evil Twin
01-02-2009, 21:24
Need you help here folks, im painting up a warhound for use with numerous different armies, mine, my mates. Marines, guard, and all different gaming types!

So essentual I need to paint it soe kind of generic colour that fits the ad mech fluff but can be used for any army?! Iv seen a few dark greeny grey ones and some mottles blue, are there any other types I should know about and also what paints/mixes are used are used for them? (especially the dark green one?)

Thanks
Gerard

EVIL INC
01-02-2009, 21:36
I suppose that if they are all imperial, going with the colors of a titan legion would work as they come to the aid of all imperial armies should the need arise.

IAMNOTHERE
01-02-2009, 21:40
Hmmm, how about a tin bitz base coat, drybrush boltgun metal over the top then do all the plates a battleship grey - so it blends with the horizon.

Your Evil Twin
01-02-2009, 22:00
nah, not colorfulness enough! I will probs do the metal like you say though, its just the carapace I need a color for!

"going with the colors of a titan legion would work"
What are these?!

Thanks

Killgore
01-02-2009, 22:28
nah, not colorfulness enough! I will probs do the metal like you say though, its just the carapace I need a color for!

"going with the colors of a titan legion would work"
What are these?!

Thanks

Every Titan Legion has its own colors

heres a nice reference to just a few of the titan legions and their colors http://www.epic40k.co.uk/force/titanorders.pdf

Titan legions tend to be well traveled so theres a good excuse as to why this titan has fought alongside so many different armys

Norsehawk
01-02-2009, 23:11
Titan Legions are wholly separate from the armies they are helping on the battlefield. During the Heresy, several of the Legio went renegade and many stayed loyal. If you are doing loyalist titan, just pick any of the schemes you like and go for it. If you are going for a traitor legion, again, pick one you like and go for it. Over at Bell of Lost Souls they have a lot of things to help you complete your titan, including printable decals, some banners if memory serves me right and other helpful bits. You can also hit coolminiornot and search for titans to see what others have done as well.

ZOMGBBQ
02-02-2009, 03:49
Titan Legions are wholly separate from the armies they are helping on the battlefield.

This.

Please, PLEASE do not paint it in SM colours.
Not only will it look bad but anyone with any real interest in the fluff will brutalise you for it :angel:

Inquisitor Engel
02-02-2009, 05:21
Legio Tempestus = Win. (Read 'Mechanicum' if you don't believe me)