PDA

View Full Version : Hatred and Mounts

Aunshiva
01-02-2009, 21:20
I don't have a rule book here at work. Does hatred on riders confer to mounts, too? A line from the DE book implies that it does for everyone (its pretty explicit that it does for DE). If so, does any "Enhanced Hatred" get conferred too? For instance, a dark elf dreadlord on a dragon is fighting High Elves. Does the dragon get to reroll in every round of combat, or only the first?

Necromancy Black
01-02-2009, 21:23
Yes, riders and mounts benifit from each others phsycology.

EvC
01-02-2009, 21:31
Yep, pysch transfers from rider to mount. And now that this is firmly established as the proper way of playing the game, you know what GW have done in the new Lizardmen book? Placed a helpful reminder in Tenehauin's rules that hatred "does not apply to mounts". Good one. Just perfect.

Aunshiva
01-02-2009, 21:35
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Great. Reason I was asking about the enhanced versions is because of the vampiric power "Infinite Hatred," which grants Hatred that works in successive rounds of combat.

I have a yen to field a dragon.

Loopstah
01-02-2009, 21:36
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Great. Reason I was asking about the enhanced versions is because of the vampiric power "Infinite Hatred," which grants Hatred that works in successive rounds of combat.

The dragon only gets to re-roll in the first round of combat though, the vampire has hatred and can re-roll each round, the dragon just gets the hatred transferred.

Yep, pysch transfers from rider to mount. And now that this is firmly established as the proper way of playing the game, you know what GW have done in the new Lizardmen book? Placed a helpful reminder in Tenehauin's rules that hatred "does not apply to mounts". Good one. Just perfect.

Wow! Just when you thought they couldn't make things more confused. :wtf:

Necromancy Black
01-02-2009, 21:52

OMFG. Yeah, that's going to be ignored by everyone I know.

Aunshiva
01-02-2009, 21:54
Okay, glad to have the clarification. If I didnt win the combat on the charge with that many attacks and a lance. And a dragon. I deserve to let my general crumble.

Neckutter
02-02-2009, 04:03

the wording on that particular vampiric power is weird. since "infinite hatred" says that "the vampire is affected by hatred and can reroll successful hits in every round". so while your vamp on dragon hates enemies on the first turn the dragon DOES NOT get to reroll on the second turn, because of the wording.

again debateable.

Condottiere
02-02-2009, 08:27
Yep, pysch transfers from rider to mount. And now that this is firmly established as the proper way of playing the game, you know what GW have done in the new Lizardmen book? Placed a helpful reminder in Tenehauin's rules that hatred "does not apply to mounts". Good one. Just perfect.Which page is that?

Nuada
02-02-2009, 08:33
Which page is that?

Not sure if this is the right one, but page 79 under "Mounts' Psychology"

This is only for characters on steeds though, not normal cavalry.

EvC
02-02-2009, 09:21
I think he means what page of the Lizardmen book. Don't remember off hand, but it's whatever page Teeny-weeny's rules are on. If you have a Lizardmen book, then you don't need me to tell you the page number, and if you don't, then it's not like giving the page number will help. So no I say!

Griefbringer
02-02-2009, 09:42
I guess the rules for Teeny-weeny must have then changed quite a bit from the Lustria books, since there she did not have anything to do with hatred or mounts.

Asmodiseus
02-02-2009, 10:54
Page 68 of the lizardmen book

"Red Crest: Tehenhaun, and all skinks in his army, Hate all units in a skaven army. Note this does not apply to mounts, Kroxigors in mixed units, etc."

Also what pisses me off about the hatred transfer rules is that no where in the Psychology section does it state hatred transfers to mounts. It specifically states frenzy transfers under the frenzy rules but that is it. This led me to argue that hatred doesnt transfer on another board until someone sugested I go read page 78 under the characters section. I dont understand why they would put such an important psychology rule that effects so many non character units in the character section and not in the general psychology section it makes no sense at all.

Necromancy Black
02-02-2009, 10:58
Ok, that's not as bad as I though. It's a speacial rule from a SC so it's bound to break some rules. The mount part is the only weird part but I guess they did it for balance or something.

Really, I don't care as I'll never take that SC. And it still means that if any of my other models get's hatred for any reason it'll still transfer as normal.

EvC
02-02-2009, 11:02
Yeah, as it's an SC it's not such a big deal. Slightly more likely to come up with a skink army BSB and the banner that gives the same effect (Although there's no such note about it not affecting mounts under the magic item- do does it or doesn't it? Arg).

Asmodiseus
02-02-2009, 11:05
In the absence of specific wording that expressly forbids it hatred ALWAYS transfers to mounts.

Condottiere
02-02-2009, 13:30
Page 68 of the lizardmen book

"Red Crest: Tehenhaun, and all skinks in his army, Hate all units in a skaven army. Note this does not apply to mounts, Kroxigors in mixed units, etc."

Also what pisses me off about the hatred transfer rules is that no where in the Psychology section does it state hatred transfers to mounts. It specifically states frenzy transfers under the frenzy rules but that is it. This led me to argue that hatred doesnt transfer on another board until someone sugested I go read page 78 under the characters section. I dont understand why they would put such an important psychology rule that effects so many non character units in the character section and not in the general psychology section it makes no sense at all.It's a specific special rule for one character, so far.

Therefore, contributes nothing to whether hatred is transferred to mounts or not.

Griefbringer
02-02-2009, 17:47
That said, how many skinks can have mounts in the new book? Stegadons come to my mind - are terradons mounts in the new book?

Mireadur
02-02-2009, 18:20

And we must be thankful they did, since they obviously realized how twisted was applying hatred on the mounts after watching its results on the DE army.

Lord Inquisitor
02-02-2009, 18:25
Hmm... I was aware that Hatred and Frenzy applied to mounts ... it never occurred to me that this applies to monstrous mounts as well. So would a Dark Elf dragon always get Hatred too?

Atherus Shadowstorm
02-02-2009, 18:59
What pg 79 (Mount psychology part of character section) says:
"ItP, Hatred, Frenzy, stubborn, Unbreakable.
If either the rider or the steed is subject to any of the above the whole combined model is. This menas all parts of the model (a monsterous mount, or the crew or steeds pulling a chariot) are affected by these rules"

So thats a big yes on dragons getting hatred from their riders and based on the DE FAQ id say the whole de vs he always hatred thing transfers too,

Asmodiseus
02-02-2009, 19:13
That said, how many skinks can have mounts in the new book? Stegadons come to my mind - are terradons mounts in the new book?

Yes Terradons are in the new book Grief, so we are talking about Stegadons and Terradons having hatred versus skaven. Since Terradons may not buy magic standards or be joined by a BSB we are only talking about a Skink Chief Army BSB that chooses a Stegadon as a mount.

Necromancy Black
02-02-2009, 22:35
Yeah, as it's an SC it's not such a big deal. Slightly more likely to come up with a skink army BSB and the banner that gives the same effect (Although there's no such note about it not affecting mounts under the magic item- do does it or doesn't it? Arg).

Unless that banner has the same ruling, it will apply to mounts.

sulla
03-02-2009, 04:33
Hmm... I was aware that Hatred and Frenzy applied to mounts ... it never occurred to me that this applies to monstrous mounts as well. So would a Dark Elf dragon always get Hatred too?

Of course...:evilgrin: