PDA

View Full Version : Misc Rules Q's

Nationalmaverick
02-02-2009, 02:16
I only have intermitent access to the small rule book from skull pass so I'm wondering if you guys could clear up a few queries.

1) If a Character in a Unit breaks and the unit is below 25% can he not rally?
2) Are challenges really acceptable by any champion/hero in the unit, it absolutely makes no sense to me that my Chakax issues his challenge against a unit of Bloodletters and Herald and the Champion accepts it.

I appreciate any replies.

Necromancy Black
02-02-2009, 02:21
1) Nope, he the character is stuck with the unit and can not rally. If for some reason the character ends up being alone he will then rally. This is only going to happen if the other models with him are kileld off.

2) Suck it up, that's exactly how the rules work. Unit Champions are often use as challange fodder to keep some character out of a challange against really dangerous foes.

EldarBishop
02-02-2009, 03:47
^^ Correct, on both counts...

Condottiere
02-02-2009, 07:45
1) Nope, he the character is stuck with the unit and can not rally. If for some reason the character ends up being alone he will then rally. This is only going to happen if the other models with him are kileld off. I actually like this ruling; it forces you to carefully consider where you're going to place your characters.

2) Suck it up, that's exactly how the rules work. Unit Champions are often use as challange fodder to keep some character out of a challange against really dangerous foes. It also gives them something to do.Commentary added.:evilgrin:

Neckutter
02-02-2009, 07:56
unit champs dont do much else besides fight considerably tougher hero/lord choices. but, while they get squished into the ground, they save 1-9 rank and file members from getting squished from (insert armylist here) doomlord on uberdragon.

Necromancy Black
02-02-2009, 08:10
You do have to be careful about overkill, but sometimes it's worth it. Espically against some really nasty ones like Wright Lords with killing blow attacks.

Oberon
02-02-2009, 08:16
Overkill is still better than having that Doomlord (:P) to kill the same amount of regular dudes. The CR will be the same, but you will still have the models, which is important for undead for crumbling, and everyone on outnumbering and saving the ranks. Challenging is bad, if the enemy has a multiple wounds dealing weapon, like flail of skulls. With only 4 attacks, the king is badly used when whacking normal dudes, but if he can strike anyone in challenge, his wounds are doubled, and his CR generating potential grows.
So beware enemies with d3 or d6 wound multipliers!