PDA

View Full Version : Trolly troll-troll TROLL TROLL TROLL!!! (2250 pts)

PinkFellSquig
02-02-2009, 02:44
Valkia the Bloody

The Troll King, Throgg

5 Trolls

3 Trolls

3 Trolls

3 Trolls

3 Trolls

5 Marauder Horsemen, Spears, Shields, Javelins, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Marauder Horsemen, Spears, Shields, Javelins, Musician, Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

3 Dragon Ogres, Great Weapons

Spawn, Mark of Slaanesh

Shaggoth, Great Weapon

+++++

Comes out to 2253 points, methinks...

I played a game tonight against an O&G who had...

Warboss on Boar with GW & such

BSB w/ stuff

Orc Shaman L1 (Warpath)

Goblin Shaman L1 (Hand of whatever) - spells I may have mixed up???

2x 20 Black Orcs w/ full cmd

24 Boyz w/ cmd

25 Boyz w/ cmd

8 Spider Riders w/ cmd

9 Spider Riders w/ cmd

20 Night Gobbos w/ bows, cmd, full fanatics

15 Orc Arrers w/ cmd

25 Night Gobbos w/ spear/shield, cmd, full fanatics

24 Night Gobbos w/ spear/shield, cmd, full fanatics

Boar Chariot

+++++

This game went amazingly well for me...

A couple of my trolls went uncovered for leadership and were stupid now and then, but only one unit lagged behind the whole game! One got far ahead after killing a bunch of units with some Marauder Horsemen and cleared 3/4 of the distance of the table before going stupid for the last two turns.

Trolls only mutated successfully ONCE, with my big unit & Throgg earning +1 Toughness. Through challenges, Throgg earned +1 S, while Valkia earned herself +1 A, so nothing that exciting or effective, but fun nonehteless! Even with Valkia's army-wide re-rolls, one unit of trolls rolled up double-ones and then 7 after regenerating two wounds, which was lame and didn't do anything! At least double-ones and 7s can't hurt my army much, unless Valkia (0.07% of the time after winning a challenge) rolled double-one twice in a row. Not likely, but we'll see if I can play that many games to ever make it happen...

My Dragon Ogres made it into combat a bit head of my main force and got routed by goblins after being smashed up a bit by fanatics. After much rallying and hullaballoo, they made it back for a combined charge on the BSB's unit of boyz with Valkia and Throgg's +1T unit (which had only lost one troll!). SMAAAAAAAAAASHED. This also panicked his general and won me the game.

All in all, here were the take-downs...

- Chariot - baited all game by fleeing marauder horsemen, shot up, and flanked with outnumber by 4 warhounds who were only wounded once in return - fled off the table edge!
- Black Orcs - brought to under half strength by a combined Marauder Horsemen & Shaggoth charge.
- 8 Spiders - Shaggoth caught fleeing unit on the charge!
- 9 Spiders - double-smashed by fastest unit of Trolls and Marauder Horsemen, trolls chase but spiders just run off table by themselves!
- Fanatics - some trampled by sacrificial warhound moves, others destroyed half of his gobbo & orc units, wooo! One gobbo unit fled and landed on one to destroy it and themselves!!!
- Arrers - panicked off the table
- NG bows & bare unit - smashed by trolls, fanatics, panicked by lost combat and fled off table
- Boyz w/ shaman - smashed by trolls, dragon ogre, and Valkia, caught by Valkia on the flee
- General on boar - panicked after Valkia caught the Boyz, off table
- NGs w/ Shaman - shaman killed by Spawn & fanatics, and Spawn holds until - Throgg's unit smashes in and finishes them off... Spawn later charges general behind and dies. Throgg's unit smashes through to Boyz & clips them.

Units left at the end of the game... 1/2 unit of Black Orcs, unit of Black Orcs unable to charge by way of intervening terrain. THAT IS ALL.

What did I lose?

- Marauder Horsemen died to Chariot charge in order to trap them by wolves.
- Marauder Horsemen fleeing after helping Shaggoth take BO's down to under half.
- 2x wolves died by hugging some Fanatics to death.
- 1x 3 Trolls die after fleeing gobbos :(
- 2 of 3 Dragon Ogres die to Fanatics :( BUT AT LEAST I WAS NOT AFRAID TO CHARGE THROUGH THEM!!! Fleeing through them hurts too :(
- 1 of 5 of Throgg's trolls dies to fanaticism.
- Spawn dies to 2 wounds from gobbos & 1 wound from enemy general, after several turns locking up his left flank and my right!

THEEEEEEEE ENNNNNNNNND.

+++++

C&C welcome on this list, and suggestions for tactics as well!
Thanks,
~J~

The Red Scourge
02-02-2009, 05:32
3 Dragon Ogres charging a fully ranked regiment? In the front?

I hope you didn't expect to win. Thats 9 attacks, 6 hits, 5 wounds, you lose by 1 :)

What was the purpose of your spawn? Could it keep up with the army? Why not more dogs?

Orkeosaurus
02-02-2009, 05:37
Trolling (10 Warning Points)It looks like you've accumulated about 180 warning points, I'm going to have to ask you to leave Warseer.

warlord hack'a
02-02-2009, 06:20
congrats with the win, interesting list, but try playing a stornger opponent next time: someone who places full command in fast cav and in night gobbo units, usee 2 units of black orcs AND uses fast cav in big units of 8 and 9 needs a visit to Avian's page and read it from start to finish.. ;-)

PinkFellSquig
02-02-2009, 18:19
@Red: that was all I could do... terrain was very restrictive. I failed a charge with their supporter because I boffed movement.

@Saurus: That was uncalled for. Troll vomit for you, my friend.

@Hack'a: Yeah I thought all their command was kind of boffo. He also fanaticked himself to death, which helped some. But seriously, 4 hounds took down a boar chariot, and my Marauder Horsemen made everything on his right flank pursue endlessly until my dragon ogre did a U-turn to smash them. It was pretty sweet.

pkain762
03-02-2009, 02:49
great list i love throgg... it'd be really impressive if you had that many painted trolls on the table....

puke

kain

DoomBringer
03-02-2009, 06:02
Very nice and themed list, Seems fun to play.

Necromancer2
03-02-2009, 12:30
I'd drop the spwan and get another DO. But sounds like a fun list!

PinkFellSquig
08-02-2009, 07:10
I think another DO would've made that unit all the more solid, but that Spawn was invaluable to hold my right flank. Hard to say! The Shaggoth really made its money's worth, crushing some Blorcs and scaring off a 9-spider gobbo cav unit, while frightening a chariot into a narrow approach vector where it was baited and flanked. The DOs could've used one more to effectively mash up more goblins on the first turn they charged, I suppose, thus preventing their crybabyishness. Must ruminate on how to rearrange the list... we shall see.

~J~