PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor Warband Graenis

Inquisitor Lord Graenis
02-02-2009, 13:10
This is for a campaign some one is running locally to me, and I am allowed two characters. So I decided to settle on an Inquisitor and an Alpha Level Psyker.

Inquisitor Graenis - Thorian Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor
Ws: 78
Bs: 77
S: 63
T: 64
I: 76
Wp: 89
Sg: 80
Nv: 82
Ld: 87

Equipment: Autopistol with 10 DumDum rounds and 10 Flechete rounds, Pump-Action Combat Shotgun with 20 Inferno shells, and 20 Scatter Shells, Knife in his boot and a Force Sword, Carapace Armour on Chest, Abdomen and Groin, Flak Armour on Arms and Legs, Heavy Coat, Advanced Bionic Eye with Psi Tracker.

Skills: Leader, Head Case

Psychic Powers: Telepathy, Distraction, Mind Scan, terrify

Epsilon Level Psyker Haringer Galweed:
added later with story.

Charax
02-02-2009, 14:43
Why not make all his stats 90+? and all his psychic powers Wyrd?
I really, really hope your GM makes use of the encumbrance rules.

FarseerMatt
02-02-2009, 14:59
I think what Charax is trying to say is that the character is a little bit overpowered. While power is relative and your characters must thus be around the same level as the other players in your group, perhaps consider toning Graenis himself down but including more characters that compliment each other's strengths. Inquisitors are powerful, but their primary task is investigation rather than asskicking, and that's why they surround themselves with badass henchmen.

Leaving the psychic powers to his acolyte Galweed would be a start (although Alpha level might be a little extreme - that's Titan-crushing, mass-mind-control level power; even Delta or Gamma level psykers are still pretty hard...heck, Gideon Ravenor is classified Delta and he can throw people across rooms, "possess" his acolytes and cast his consciousness skyward to rip other psykers apart in crazy bodyless duels).

Out of interest, what does the "Head Case" ability infer? :p

Askil the Undecided
02-02-2009, 15:04
NO YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

The idea of inquisitor is a movie like level of suspension of belief with (Fairly) realistic characters doing amazing things.

This guy is insane.

Unless you are routinely fighting legions of chaos marines and beating down thirty or fourty bloodthirsters as a preface to popping into the eye of terror and tearing out Khorne's lungs and pummeling the other gods to death with them you really need to tone down your characters.

It's not a bad thing for an Inquisitor to not be nigh on superhuman in every measurable aspect.

Inquisitor Lord Graenis
02-02-2009, 15:05
havent played Inq in a while, so bit rusty,will tone him down. Can't remember the actual term, but it meant he rolled on a madness table (was in fanatic magazine), (and anyway, Galweed isn't his acolyte, he's a rogue psyker that has mind control over Graenis. (Which is why he's a headcase) whenever Galweed has to take his attention off Graenis however, Graenis is released and has to move as quickly towards him as possible and take him out (rules agreed by gm) also, stats were rolled on.

kaled
02-02-2009, 18:32
Inquisitor Graenis - Thorian Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor
Ws: 78
Bs: 77
S: 68
T: 69
I: 81
Wp: 99
Sg: 90
Nv: 92
Ld: 97I'd say his physical stats are okay (S T & I are a little high), but his mental stats are way too high and should be lowered by at least 10 each. However, if everyone in your group plays with characters with stats like that I suppose you might as well keep them. It'd make the game more fun if there was more of a chance of him failing tests occasionally though.

Equipment:That's a lot of armour he has there - I'd vote for getting rid of the conversion field, he'd still be heavily armoured without it. Also, are you pathologically afraid of him failing when he tries to use his psychic powers? Wp 99 AND a psychic hood? It's a bit too power-gamery for my tastes.

Skills: Force of Will, Nerves of Steel, Leader, Head CaseAre FoW & NoS really necessary? His Nv is already 92 so there's not much chance of him being afraid of anything anyway.

Personally I think he's somewhat overpowered and I suspect over people will say the same. However, if everyone in your group is using characters like that then there's not a lot of point in asking our opinion - if your opponents and GM think he's okay then who are we to argue.

You'd be better off posting his background - at least that's something we can properly debate.

- Dave

P.S. You'll find that no one cares whether you rolled the stats or not - what the stats are is the important thing, not how you got to them.

Inquisitor Lord Graenis
02-02-2009, 18:56
As I said, haven't played in a while, so wasn't too sure about what was OP and not, (which is why I put up here). Will change them, and post Fluff and background by tomorrow evening at least.

Askil the Undecided
02-02-2009, 23:46
Sorry for being so OTT Graenis.

There's gonna be an alpha level psyker too?

Inquisitor Lord Graenis
03-02-2009, 18:57
No, decided to chang him. Still coming up with him atm.