PDA

View Full Version : Beatmasters and terror

inquisitor d1
02-02-2009, 13:35
I played a battle a couple of days ago with my daemons against a Dark elves army. 2nd turn I charged my opponent's hydra with my bloodthirster. The bloodthirster killed off the hydra and left only the two beastmasters alive. I won combat by 6 (5 wounds and outnumbering) and thought the beastmasters would auto-break as they were outnumbered by a terror causing model. My opponent said the were immune to terror as their unit caused terror at the start of the combat phase. After a little argument, I decided to let him play that way as he still only would pass on ld 4 (ld 10 general -6) and because I haven't played more than a handful of battles the last couple of years and don't know the rules that well anymore. He then roled a 1 and a 3 and the beastmasters held, allowing a fully ranked black guard unit to flank charge the thirster next turn.

Did we play this right?

Benigno (WE)
02-02-2009, 14:12
No. At the end of combat, you check the US of "fear causers" in order to know if you are outnumbered.

EldarBishop
02-02-2009, 14:14
Well, if you check the army list entry for the War Hydra, it clearly shows that the Hydra causes Terror.

So, once the Hydra is killed the Beastmasters would be subject to the normal rules.

They should have fled due to losing combat and being outnumbered by a Fear causing unit.

Nurgling Chieftain
02-02-2009, 19:38
My opponent said the were immune to terror as their unit caused terror at the start of the combat phase.There is no "at the start of the combat phase" term for terror. Contrast with rank bonuses, which are determined at the beginning of the combat. :cool: