PDA

View Full Version : Dispelling Ideas

GodHead
03-12-2005, 06:52
Rolling 2 or more 6's with your casting attempt normally makes the spell Irresistable, and rolling 2 or more 6's will automatically dispel anything but IF spells. My idea would be to allow dispel 6's to be able to dispell IF spells, with a caveat, that their number of 6's required would have to exeed the number of 6's rolled for the spell. So if the spell rolled 2 sixes and became IF, then the dispell roll would have to roll 3 or more 6's to dispell it.

I'd also like to see Dispelling made more personal, and more dangerous for all by singling out the characters involved in their battles of wills. When choosing to dispell, you must choose the character capable of doing so (who must generate Dispell dice). If an army has no Wizards, or dispell dice generating figures, then the General can act as one, If the attempt succeeds, the spell fails, and the Wizard takes a Sx hit, where x is equal to the difference between the casting roll and the dispell roll, and if the dispell attempt fails, the model who attempted to dispel takes the Sx hit.

Maybe even work in a bit of rules allowing the wizard to throw another dice or two to power up the spell in response to a large dispell attempt.

GW is welcome to use these ideas in the next edition of Warhammer, just contact me ;)

MarcoPollo
04-12-2005, 02:47
I am not so sure about the personal magic dispelling thing. I think that it would lead to mega magic armies. There would be no reason to take a fighter lord at 2K (except for ld purposes). This would also make things like a slann too powerful.

I don't know about you or anyone else reading this thread, but I find super magic heavy battles boring. I have fielded a slann and 3 skink priests in my younger, win at all cost, days and it really takes away from the flavor of warring heros.

The magic system works pretty well as it is. Could it be better? For sure! I just don't like to see super domination by anything in any one phase.

Dodgy Ed
04-12-2005, 03:03
I don't think the Sx hit is the way to go, simply because it penalises some races (elves et al) more than others (chaos) as low T casters would suffer far more than higher T chars.

Elannion
04-12-2005, 12:29
Sounds similar to a magic dual in 5th ed i kinda like the idea but to make it on every dispel would just mean after a few spells most wizards are dead which wouldnt be all that fun. i like the idea of powering up spells this adds and element of dualing involved and also add misscast chance and so something similar to the wound thing might happen. I do like the idea of personal dispelling.