PDA

View Full Version : Terradons, Chakax, and Tiktaq'to are direct only?

Pavic
02-02-2009, 15:24
So, I was hoping to take advantage of the current currency issues and place a huge order from a UK vendor. However, I noted that none of the vendors were listing Chakax, Tiktaq'to, or Terradons in there preorder section. I sent a question to GWonline.biz and they came back indicating that all of these items are direct only :wtf:

Surely this can't be right. Has GW seriously went so insane as to make a special choice in an army direct only?

Neknoh
02-02-2009, 15:39
Wood Elf Dragon
Hellcannon

I think there are a few more

Frankly, they do it on occasion, and it sucks big time

At least local toy-shops will be astranged when grown men come in en-masse to buy small plastic pterodactyls

N810
02-02-2009, 15:42
lol try eBay :D

Pavic
02-02-2009, 15:56
Wood Elf Dragon
Hellcannon

I think there are a few more

Frankly, they do it on occasion, and it sucks big time

At least local toy-shops will be astranged when grown men come in en-masse to buy small plastic pterodactyls

Yes, but in almost everycase, these are kits that cost $50 US and up and one few people rarely own more than 1 or 2. Terradons are a $17 kit that many people are going to want to have 6 to 10 of.

It just seems terribly silly to go this route for such a kit. I mean, I could see GW making special characters direct only, but a basic $17 unit that people will order several of? It looks like GW is simple taking the next step to make individuals purchase through them and their few sanctified shops.

Neknoh
02-02-2009, 16:13
Neither the Hellcannon, nor the Dragon costed 50$ before being taken off the shelves as far as I am aware, however, with the removal of them to Direct Only, a small price hike was probably feasible since that was the presumed "only" way of getting them.

Online stores in Sweden that still stock the Hellcannon puts it at 699 Kronor, where it, in stores before the removal costed 399, that's about 40 euro increase in price after being de-shelved.

Bac5665
02-02-2009, 17:05
Just buy the current terradons. They're better anyway. No buckteeth.

It is weird that they aren't availible normally, but then again, they are definitely not going to be as common this edition anyway. Plus, I already own 6 terradons, and I can't think why I'd need any more, so I'm not going to buy any, and I'm an avid lizzie player. I'll be buying almost everything else.

Pavic
02-02-2009, 23:01
Just buy the current terradons. They're better anyway. No buckteeth.

It is weird that they aren't availible normally, but then again, they are definitely not going to be as common this edition anyway. Plus, I already own 6 terradons, and I can't think why I'd need any more, so I'm not going to buy any, and I'm an avid lizzie player. I'll be buying almost everything else.

That is just the problem, the soon to be OOP Terradons are no longer available, at least on the GW US site.

Plus, what happens when a newbie picks up the LM army a year from now? Are they going to be forced to pick up Terradons directly from GW or via Ebay?

The whole situation seems almost as silly as taking mounted deamonettes out of production before the release of the DoC book.

dooombot
02-02-2009, 23:23
I found at today that Kroxigors are going to be avaiable for retailers to order for 1 month, then they will be moved to direct.

Gabacho Mk.II
02-02-2009, 23:24
I found at today that Kroxigors are going to be avaiable for retailers to order for 1 month, then they will be moved to direct.

Really???!!!

:mad:

Pavic
02-02-2009, 23:54

Who is the source for this information?

someone2040
03-02-2009, 00:00
Dunno, this seems weird to me and I've heard nothing about it. I really doubt that units such as Kroxigors and Terradons will be direct only, doesn't make sense considering they're new models AND are fairly useful in the Lizardmen army.

What's cool though is, GW OZ gives us options if we direct order. We can order the classic style models of every model that's being replaced in case we don't like the new Terradons (And personally, I'll be fine with the new Terries if their wings don't fall off all the time).

Veloxnex
03-02-2009, 00:04
is it possibly that they're due for a 21st Feb release and Ind. Stockist just haven't got stock yet perhaps? i'll poke my LGS

dooombot
03-02-2009, 00:09
Who is the source for this information?

i work @ a game store that sells GW. heard it from my GW sales rep, and I don't have any reason not to believe him.

Veloxnex - No, they come out this week (Feb. 7 technically)

Veloxnex
03-02-2009, 00:14
i work @ a game store that sells GW. heard it from my GW sales rep, and I don't have any reason not to believe him.

Veloxnex - No, they come out this week (Feb. 7 technically)

GW website says 21st, pre-ordered a couple the other day.

*Got my hands on the Ind stockist release list. No Terradons listed.*

Bregalad
03-02-2009, 00:14
Usually, special characters are released in all stores and movr to direct only after some time. Wood Elf Dragon and Hell Canon were available for quite some time. Only very few characters started direct only. On the other hand, Black Guard, perhaps the best elite unit of Dark Elves, is also direct only since the new army book.

Neknoh
03-02-2009, 00:19
interestingly enough

WE dragon moved to direct only shortly before the new HE dragon came out

Hellcannon moved to direct only shortly before the new WoC book came out and made them useful -.-

dooombot
03-02-2009, 00:29
GW website says 21st, pre-ordered a couple the other day.

yes you're right! Terrodons are out the 21st. Kroxigors come out the 7th, sry!

Veloxnex
03-02-2009, 01:22
don't be sorry, we're all sorry, i'm pissed that if i need more its the interweb and its another 3 weeks away, balls to it all

Pavic
03-02-2009, 01:38

GW's stupidity continues to amaze...