PDA

View Full Version : Killing Walter with Khorne!

Xaskus
02-02-2009, 16:09
Hey guys,

Here's my problem, in my gaming group one of the annoying guys just made a Sigmarite Army led by an Arch Lecter on a War Altar. I'm pretty sure he's equipping him with the Speculum. Now in my army I run an all Khorne army led by a Bloodthirster, normally I would just smash the damn thing but with the Speculum I'm going to stay away from it. In my army I run with 3 Bloodcrushers with no champ led by a Herald. I think if I hit him with my Bloodcrushers like this I could beat him.

War Altar: WA Bloodcrushers: BC Herald: HH

---WA-----
BC BC BC HH

If I can get him like that then he can't challenge my Herald and use the speculum but he will have to face down 12 high WS, high Str attacks with hatred.

If I remember correctly he doesn't equip his Arch Lector really well, I think he
gave him the wyrmslayer sword, the speculum and some armour but not the meteoric armour.

Thanks guys!
Does that sound like a plan or what do you guys think.

Neknoh
02-02-2009, 16:23
Place the Herald in a block of Bloodletters

Slam the Bloodcrushers into him

Done

EDIT:

What model does he use as his War Altar? Is it some form of big carriage/chariot with people with guns on it?

Shamfrit
02-02-2009, 16:28
What happens when the Thirster has Dark Insanity...his attack stat is replaced with 2D6+2....

Would the Lector get the same, or would he get the base stat?

Lijacote
02-02-2009, 16:44
What happens when the Thirster has Dark Insanity...his attack stat is replaced with 2D6+2....

Would the Lector get the same, or would he get the base stat?

Assuming the speculum steals base stats, then those are the ones the Lector gets. Lector doesn't do 2d6+2 since he doesn't have the Dark Insanity daemonic gift.

Xaskus
02-02-2009, 17:06
What model does he use as his War Altar? Is it some form of big carriage/chariot with people with guns on it?

He uses the old Volkmar model, it's really ugly in my opinion.

Disciple of Caliban
02-02-2009, 17:10
Assuming the speculum steals base stats, then those are the ones the Lector gets. Lector doesn't do 2d6+2 since he doesn't have the Dark Insanity daemonic gift.
I'd say this is actually incorrect. The wording for dark insanity is that the stat is 'replaced' thus the original stat ceases to exist. The Daemon rolls to see how many attacks he would get, and then whatever the result is how many attacks the Lector gets.

Playing it the other way, would mean that your bloodthirster still got 2d6+2 attacks, which goes against the rules for the spectrum

Lijacote
02-02-2009, 17:13
I'd say this is actually incorrect. The wording for dark insanity is that the stat is 'replaced' thus the original stat ceases to exist. The Daemon rolls to see how many attacks he would get, and then whatever the result is how many attacks the Lector gets.

Playing it the other way, would mean that your bloodthirster still got 2d6+2 attacks, which goes against the rules for the spectrum

By George, you are correct and I am wrong. Personally, I blame other people. :D

Misread the wording on Dark Insanity, my bad.

W0lf
02-02-2009, 17:13
yes a BT with dark insanity replaces its stat attacks of 7. Its not a weapon but a daemonic gift. This means the archlector gets 2D6 + 2 attacks.

Havock
02-02-2009, 17:35
..Yet you also keep it yourself because the archlector's stat is overridden by your gift? :p

sulla
02-02-2009, 21:52
Wouldn't a fully ranked unit of letters be a better option than the crushers?

They can probably defeat him on static CR alone regardless of whether they kb the lector. Also, they are a lot less vulnerable to the empire's guns than those slightly fragile crushers.

sniperjolly
02-02-2009, 22:03
The WAltar is unbreakable... static CR won't work. Decline, decline, decline! If you get stuck in a chalange, you are, 1) going to die horribly, or 2) your big angry unit is stuck fighting the unkillabe man, unkillable, because you either have 1 attack, or he has a 1+ armour save (depending on if he brought the shield of gorgon or the AOMI) either way, combined with his 4+ ward, he is REALLY hard to kill!

Da Black Gobbo
02-02-2009, 22:09
Well the War altar is chariot isn't it?? so you have to find the way of attacking it with some str 7 attacks, the bad thing is you play khorne so bad news no magic, if you use magic, the 4th spell ( i think it is the 4th) may come handy 2d6 hits at 1d6+4 strength you just have to get 3+ in the die and then it will be crushed without any ward save, since str7 or higher HITS destroy chariots.

innerwolf
02-02-2009, 22:41
Well the War altar is chariot isn't it?? so you have to find the way of attacking it with some str 7 attacks, the bad thing is you play khorne so bad news no magic, if you use magic, the 4th spell ( i think it is the 4th) may come handy 2d6 hits at 1d6+4 strength you just have to get 3+ in the die and then it will be crushed without any ward save, since str7 or higher HITS destroy chariots.

You get your ward even if destroyed by strength 7 attacks.

Da Black Gobbo
02-02-2009, 22:52
well i don't knew that but anyways i don't think it could stand the minimun number of hits (5).

Xaskus
02-02-2009, 23:53
The problem with the STR 7 deal is in my Mono-Khorne army the only things to get STR 7 are my heralds and Bloodthirster, who die when speculumed in combat. I think the Bloodcrushers could deal out the most damage and quickly too.

Kerill
03-02-2009, 04:06
The Bloodthirster still has the daemonic gift so both sides would get 2D6+2 attacks.

More importantly Awesome S would still give the thirster S10 so you can pop the chariot.

The Red Scourge
03-02-2009, 10:21
..Yet you also keep it yourself because the archlector's stat is overridden by your gift? :p

Nope! You swap the Lector puny attacks for your 2d6+2 as the gift replaces the base stat, and the VHS targets the base stat.

PeG
03-02-2009, 10:32
so you need to kill the priest. Bring a block of troops with at least two characters, refuse the challenge and let your opponent retreat one of them to the back of your block and then kill him with the other character. Now he only has his own stats fighting a herald or some other nasty thing.

Lijacote
03-02-2009, 10:33
Nope! You swap the Lector puny attacks for your 2d6+2 as the gift replaces the base stat, and the VHS targets the base stat.

But the Thirster still has the gift?

Gazak Blacktoof
03-02-2009, 10:43
It doesn't matter that he still has the gift, somebody else is using his stats.

Would warhounds (without a champion) kill it? Obviously if you've got jugger without hero or champion they should win too.

Havock
03-02-2009, 13:30
Alternatively: Skullfuc... I mean taker, accept the challenge and KB the war alter :')

Disciple of Caliban
03-02-2009, 13:52
But the Thirster still has the gift?
This doesnt matter. His stat is replaced, after which the gift becomes irrelevant (the same applies to awesome strength)

dal9ll
04-02-2009, 22:21
The wording for dark insanity is that the stat is 'replaced' thus the original stat ceases to exist. The Daemon rolls to see how many attacks he would get, and then whatever the result is how many attacks the Lector gets.

Nope. Its pretty simple really. He does get your 2D6+2 Attacks from your profile but he has to roll himself to determine how many attacks he gets. If he gets 2D6+2 attacks, thats different from your 2D6+2 attacks (unless of course you both roll the same number).