PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts and Army Builder

Once Bitten
02-02-2009, 21:35
The VC list that my Army Builder produces has a couple stats that seem wrong to me.

1. A Wight King wearing the Accursed Armor and a shield should, in my opinion, have a 4+ AS (3+ with HW+shield). However, the Army Builder sheet says that he has a 2+ AS. It seems that it is counting the Accursed Armor's bonus in addition to the standard heavy armor.

2. It does not show a movement penalty for a nightmare being barded. Should there be?

I appreciate your help!

Asmodiseus
02-02-2009, 21:39
1. Indeed it should be a 4+ unless of course he is mounted on a steed with barding then it would be a 2+

2. Movement should be 7 not 8

This is why armybuilder should never be used as a rules reference, it is good for a quick cheat sheet but thats it.

SuperBeast
04-02-2009, 00:16
The other mild annoyance is that AB (which I use for quick list planning) doesn't allow wight kings to have the BSB and two hands worth of equipment - a la the old rules for BSB's. :(

ZigZagMan
04-02-2009, 05:56
Ya'll should check out this site: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/anarchistica/
it has armybuilder 2.2 files for the current fantasy codexs, it even had WOC out like a month or two ago. And the files work better. (plus I like armybuilder 2.2 layout better)

Asmodiseus
04-02-2009, 06:20
Ya'll should check out this site: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/anarchistica/
it has armybuilder 2.2 files for the current fantasy codexs, it even had WOC out like a month or two ago. And the files work better. (plus I like armybuilder 2.2 layout better)

Thats exactly what I use, add into the fact that AB2.2 is easily available online at a price only a pirate would love and you have a receipe for success, yar!

Neckutter
04-02-2009, 08:18
a barded steed's movement stat is unaffected by barding, but the barding makes it move at speed -1. therefore a nightmare has a movement stat of 8, but it moves 7" because the barding.

im not trying to defend armybuilder, just trying to explain how it writes stuff out. army builder does have a few things wrong here and there, but in general it is a great product.