PDA

View Full Version : Hell Pit Skaven Slaves

Velsharoon
02-02-2009, 21:47
Starting collecting an army of these today (and my god they are fantastic fun to build). Got some rat ogres done but want to get myself a lot of slaves to, I wont be using clan rats as the models are dire.

I was gonna use crypt ghouls as human slaves, perhaps with some mutations thrown in for good measure. Thing is they need to be on a 20mm base- do the ghouls come on 20mm bases? If so I sense a large order being made :D

loveless
02-02-2009, 22:04
20 mm - they're roughly "man-sized"

Velsharoon
02-02-2009, 22:05
awesome thanks very much

dal9ll
02-02-2009, 23:38
Is this a special army list or are you just using the Skaven army book? Or maybe a Moulder army? The idea of the Ghouls as battered human slaves sounds really cool!

Velsharoon
03-02-2009, 01:10
Im afraid i will just be using the skaven army book, while the hell pit list is fantastic I dont want any hassle if I play it, and i will be getting it to 1000 points first (you cant use the hell pit list unless its over 2000 points anyway)

Im not even gonna use the moulder list at the back of the book will just make do with the standard list and just model the army to look like hell pit, with maybe a few counts as.

if you have never seen the list take a gander at this website (i dont know if its legal or not so if not mods remove)

edit: helps if i give the link

http://ruinouspowers.com/skaven/rules/hell_pit_list.pdf

Foegnasher
03-02-2009, 03:02
as a veteran moulder player, advice:

psychology is your enemy. the ogres panic, the rats run and dont rally. a healthy dose of deathfrenzy/skavenbrew helps them stay in the right direction. i ran a seer, 2 master moulders, a bsb with the storm banner, 3 units of clanrats, 3 units of slaves, 3 units of giant rats, and 3 units of 4 ogres.

great fun, was hilarious when i took someone down with a list that was allegedly "pants".

shadow hunter
04-02-2009, 11:48
I like the idea of slaves. Might pinch it, thanks.