PDA

View Full Version : The red Dukes army 2000pts

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
02-02-2009, 23:16
I'm wanting to go to a fantasy tornament some point later in the year and I love VC's raising armies. The problem is, that these armies have been made rubbish rom the now growing trend of Tzeench Daemon armies ( lots of casting and dispel dice, lots and lots of screamers flying over the same unit in one turn etc) so, I'm trying a "Brettonia" style undead army, in the hope that it is both fast enough, resilient enough, and, no doubt, hitty enough. Thanx for any comments.

The red duke ( vamp lord)
Dread lance
crown of damned
dark acolyte
red fury
Abyssal terror 515

Vampire
Battle standard bearer
Banner of Strigos (hatred for unit)
Dread knight 185

Vampire
Infinite hatred
Dread knight 150

20 zombies 40
20 zombies 40
20 zombies 40

5 dire wolves 40
5 dire wolves 40
5 dire wolves 40
5 dire wolves 40

5 black knights
full command 160

5 black knights
Full command 160 1990 ( I think)

The Bsb goes in a blood knight unit

My general will start off facing away from enemy to prevent first turn siren songs against him, the zombies are there because they need to be, that and zombies are ace for their points IMO. Black knights run through woods and get in flank charge positions or charge front of units with dire wolves hitting unit in flank (I figured ot that hitting the front of a fully ranked up unit with black knights doesn't work, but it does if they hit units in the flank or charge in conjunction with something else) and the dire wolves are there to screen my units from fire power and magic missiles, as well as preventing siren songs on certain units, and preventing my blood knights from charging off due to their frenzy when I don't want them to. Can also use these ( dire wolves) as war machine hunters and flank chargers. Any suggeations for the list and tactics would be great. Also this army tots up a fair 7 PD and a fair 6 DD.