PDA

View Full Version : vampires and magic lores

Gharof von Carstein
03-02-2009, 12:13
now i dont have the vampire book handy but i do know that a vampire counts as being a wizard lvl 1. seeing as wizards can choose magic lores from the BRB am i right to asume that i dont have to take the lore of the vampires but can choose a different lore for each of my vampires? Forbidden lore would suggest i can. however it isnt conclusive either. forbidden lore just states that i can know ALL spells from lore of the vampires or all spells of any lore in the BRB. so whats the verdict people?

Nationalmaverick
03-02-2009, 12:21
As for vamps, you must chose your spells from the lore of the vampires, unless you take Forbidden Lore in which case you can choose a lore from the BRB and know all that school but no more besides Nehek.

Gharof von Carstein
03-02-2009, 12:24
let me clarify. i know how forbidden lore works. but are you sure that i cant just choose to roll spells of a different lore?

stripsteak
03-02-2009, 14:28
i'm pretty sure all wizards will say which lores they can choose from in their respective BRBs, yo ucan't just take any lore from the BRB just because it is a wizard. I can't think of any wizard that doesn't list the lores it can choose from.

pg 38 of the Vampire book explains how their magic nd spell selection works, all vamps know nehek and choose spells from the lore of vampires

The Red Scourge
03-02-2009, 14:44
let me clarify. i know how forbidden lore works. but are you sure that i cant just choose to roll spells of a different lore?

You can't.

Not all armies have access to all lores. Wood Elves for instance have their own lore and only their lord level wizards can choose other lores, and then only Life and Beasts.

The only way to access lores other than Lore of Vampires with VC is the Forbidden Lore ability.

Neckutter
03-02-2009, 19:24
under the armylist entries it usually says which lores wizards can use. in the VC book under all the entries, except for big mannfred it says they use the lore of vampires. im pretty sure big mannfred knows all of death and all of the lore of vamps.