PDA

View Full Version : Mechanicum Related Guard

Aladin_sane
03-02-2009, 16:00
Hi all, I've recently taken the plunge to do Imperial guard and I was considering some army ideas. I'm a big fan of the adeptus mechanicum background and would love to have that as an aspect of my regiment, so I was wondering if any of you know of a mechanicum themed regiment. I've already looked at the vostroyan first born knowing of their planet being sworn to mars, but the models are very expensive and im not a big fan of the fury head gear although I love the colour scheme. My other idea was going for a cadian painted regiment but with my tanks and stuff painted in the mars pattern scheme.

Thanks for an replies in advanced.

Codsticker
03-02-2009, 17:04
I would try a search in the M,P&T forums for 'Adeptus Mechanicus' as I know that there have been plogs in there about Mars themed armies.

Lord Damocles
03-02-2009, 17:06
Why not go down the Skitarii route (the Skitarii, ot 'Tech Guard' form the bulk of the Ad mech's military forces).

They can be as varied in appearance and fighting style as the regular Imperial Guard, ranging from cyborg warriors, through techy looking Cadians, to trenchcoat dudes. You can also get some of the more wacky Ad Mech units like Preatorians and/or Electro Priests in with some counts-as.

Have a gander at Micro Art Studio's Iron Brotherhood (http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=micro+art+studio+iron+brotherhood&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title) (their webstore doesn't seem to be working at the moment though).