PDA

View Full Version : Landraider/Crusader - both in one box?

djinn8
03-02-2009, 18:38
Does the Landraider Crusader box come with the parts to make a regular Landraider (eg. lasccnnon sponsons) so that it can be magnitised to make either model.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - wasn't sure where to post. Don't think this question will be around to long anyway.

AmBlam
03-02-2009, 18:41
They are separate purchases:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1400012&rootCatGameStyle=

If you could get some spare bits off someone magnetism looks possible, but then, who would have the spare bits?

Nexus Trimean
03-02-2009, 18:42
The last one i bought did, though that was approximately 7 or 8 years ago, (mine becasome a crusader, and 2 razorbacks.

AmBlam
03-02-2009, 18:59
The last one i bought did, though that was approximately 7 or 8 years ago, (mine becasome a crusader, and 2 razorbacks.

lol and it probably cost what 5$?

Azhrarn
03-02-2009, 19:02
The old Crusader box did, the new one might too, I think it contains an additional sprue with the Crusader/Redeemer bits.
If they made a new sprue for the Redeemer/Crusader box, then it probably doesn't include the Lascannons needed for a normal Land Raider.

djinn8
03-02-2009, 19:04
The reason I ask is because I watched this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSv0yph06IY) and was wondering whether it was possible to do this with just one kit. As you'll see the only part he is replacing is the gun itself, not the casing of the sponson which you undoubtable only get one of.

This question also extends to hull weapons as well - are both the assault cannon and the bolters included in the kit?

loveless
03-02-2009, 19:05
The new Crusader/Redeemer box does not have the Lascannon sponsons. Instead, you get a sprue with Hurricane Bolters/Redeemer bits.

If you want the Lascannons, you'll have to get the normal (and if I remember right, more expensive...) standard Land Raider box. Likewise, I'm pretty sure there's no Heavy Bolters in the Crusader kit.

ankara halla
03-02-2009, 19:44
As has been said, the original Crusader box was a standard LR box with metal bit's included in it to turn it into a Crusader. With that box you were left with extra lascannons and twin hvybolters.

The new Crusader/Redeemer box does not come with any metal parts, and instead of the lascannon sprues, you get sprues for the assault cannon and hurricane bolters and superduper flamers.

The new box is an all plastic box, but it doesn't come with the bits and pieces to build a normal LR.

lol and it probably cost what 5$?

No, it actually costed a bit more than the regular LR. But given the extra two twin lascannon bits *and* the extra twin hvybolters, the kit could easily be used to turn *three* Rhinos in to Razorbacks along with the Crusader you originally paid money for.

victorpofa
03-02-2009, 20:08
And don't forget the new Crusader box is cheaper than a regular Land Raider instead of more expensive as well as being all plastic and easier to assemble.