PDA

View Full Version : Prophitess of the Lady: Does anyone take them?

Bac5665
03-02-2009, 21:41
The title says it all. I'm just starting brets, and I've never seen one used, and I'm wondering if anyone has an success with them, knows good builds, whathave you.

devolutionary
03-02-2009, 21:43
When I expand my list, I will be accomodating a Prophetess and 3 Damsels with 1 Paladin as my alternate build. Because that much magic and that many knights is more than a little sick. Most players favour melee though, which is cool, but yes, there have been some very successful and awesome Prophetess based armies out there.

Malorian
03-02-2009, 21:58
I moved to a magic heavy list just to add something different to the list. It's hard for your opponent to blame you for being magic heavy when it means you have a lot less lances running around.

This is my 3k magical fun list:

Lord w/ silver lance, shield, virtue of the ideal, horse
Prophetess lvl4, chalice of malfleur
Paladin *BSB* w/ horse, warbanner, virtue of duty
Damsel lvl 2 w/ horse, dispel scroll
Damsel lvl 2 w/ horse, dispel scroll
Damsel lvl 2 w/ dispel scroll

9 KE w/ FC, errantry banner
8 KotR w/ FC
8 KotR w/ FC
8 KotR w/ FC
8 KotR w/ FC
21 skirmishing archers w/ villein

5 pegasus knights
9 questing knigts w/ FC

5 grail knights

Hasn't lost yet ;)

devolutionary
03-02-2009, 22:12
Oh dear, you even gave them Dispell Scrolls? That's not very nice of you at all :p

EldarBishop
04-02-2009, 00:53
I only take a Prophetess, sometimes, and only when I can take more then one lord... I like my fighty lords too much, and it seems wrong for a Bret army to be led by anything other then a Lord.

devolutionary
04-02-2009, 00:57
That's a curious view, EldarBishop, given the rather devout nature of the Bretonnian army. Aside from Chaos the Bretonnians are the most religiously inclined army in the game with army wide effects based purely on their beliefs. Is your view to do with play style rather than backstory?

Condottiere
04-02-2009, 01:18
If given a choice, I usually see the Fay Enchantress accompany the troops.

EldarBishop
04-02-2009, 03:13
Play style more then anything.. I just find magic is too unreliable. I usually take a Lord, BSB, and 2 Damsels (lvl 1, caddys) in a 2k game.

In a big game, I've taken a Prophetess or even the Fey Enchantress...