PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt WoC List- Advice Needed!

Harbinger09
03-02-2009, 22:55
Ragnirus the Deceiver-Sorcerer Lord: 375 pts
-Lvl 4
-MoT
-Disc of Tzeentch
-Golden Eye of Tzeentch
-Power Familiar
-Enchanted Shield

Marroth Skullreaver- Exalted hero: 200 pts
-Shield
-MoK
-Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods
-Stream of Corruption

Galric the Ravenborn- Chaos Sorceror: 206 pts
-Level 2
-MoT
-2 dispel scrolls
-Barded Chaos Steed

11 Chaos Warriors:224 pts
-MoK
-Additional hand weapons
-Standard bearer, musician

12 Chaos Warriors: 260 pts
-MoN
-Shields
-Rapturous Standard

10 Warhounds: 60 pts

15 Marauders: 132 pts
-MoK
-Light Armor
-Shields

5 Chaos Knights: 285 pts
-MoK
-Lances

5 Chaos Knights: 260 pts
-MoN

TOTAL: 2002 pts

I am a newcomer to Fantasy, and any tips would be tremendously helpful. My most common opponents are Dwarfs, Dark Elves, and Orcs & Goblins, and I would like my army tailored to the DEs and O&Gs especially.

Whitehorn
04-02-2009, 10:27
Tailoring is frowned upon. You can be prepared for the metagame, but fixing a list to be more competent against a select army isn't nice.

2002.. you'd have to drop it to 2k or less for a competitive environment.

That aside, some notes on your list:

Lots of Khorne. The majority of your army is susceptible to being baited into bad or directed forced charges. You can try and control this by feeding small units of hounds to block your charge but still allow line of sight - just declare both are charging when you want the blocked unit to actually charge. Alternatively, drop the MoK on some units - the hero perhaps.

If your Mok hero going in a unit with Mok? if so, it may be better(cheaper) to give that unit the banner of rage both will benefit.

Small units of warriors with just hand weapons. What do you plan for these? That setup is for weathering damage/charges. Ideally you want ADH/Halberds so that they can put out more damage to compensate for lack of static combat res (from size and ranks).

15 marauders with standard, mok and hand weapons? You're giving away points here...

Two suggestions:
25 strong, full command, slaanesh

or

12-18 strong with flails and mok, no standard.

The warhounds are always a good choice, but perhaps make it 2 units of 5? they can negate ranks and take up less space even with 5. Useful to control your charges as mentioned above.

Lots of debates over giving your knights lances.. they lose magic attacks and +1s when not charging. Expensive too. I'd drop the lances and make them units of 6 for extra impact. No need for standard really - they either crush their enemy on the charge, hit a flank in support or die.

alex17
04-02-2009, 20:22
take vilitch instead of the sorcerer lord for only +20 points

Harbinger09
04-02-2009, 22:04
Thank you very much for the help! I ran the hounds in two units of 5, I forgot to clarify in the post:D. My revised list is as follows:

Sorcerer Lord: 375 pts

Exalted Hero: 165 pts

Chaos Sorcerer: 206 pts

11 Chaos Warriors (lead by Hero): 229
-Halberds
-Musician, Standard Bearer
-Banner of Rage

12 Chaos Warriors: 260 pts
-Mark of Nurgle
-Shields
-Musician, Standard Bearer- Rapturous Standard

5 Warhounds: 30 pts

5 Warhounds: 30 pts

-Mark of Nurgle
-Musician, SB

-Mark of Khorne
-Musician, SB

25 Marauders: 180 pts
-Mark of Slaanesh
-Light Armor and Shields
-FC

Total: 1995 pts

Harbinger09
04-02-2009, 22:13
I decided to keep the Warriors of Nurgle with shields because I have found this along with their 2-3+ armor save makes it almost impossible for them to fall to Dark Elf Crossbows :evilgrin: As well, I will never forget the time the warriors were charged by a unit of Savage Orc Boar Boys. He inflicted 11 wounds on a 4+ save, but I saved them all and struck down four on my chance to fight back, winning the combat by 5! I realize that its incredible luck, but it won me the game :D. For now, I am keeping my Knights with Standards, because I don't have time to remodel them; due to my coming matches on Friday and Saturday.

Thanks again for the help, and I welcome future criticism!

Harbinger09
22-02-2009, 05:29
After some thought, along with trial and error, I have decided to change my list around a bit :p. Regardless of my opponents being too smart or too cowardly, my Hero-lead Regiment of warriors does not see a combat. Granted, my last four games have been against a bastard of a Greenskins commander. My army simply cannot handle fanatics, a gunline of spear chukkas and doom divers, staff of sneaky stealing and the "+ extra dispel dice banner" without my abilities crippled and excessive casualties. Here is my new list as follows:

Sorcerer Lord- 375 pts
-MoT, Disc, Enchanted shield, Lvl 4, Golden Eye, Power Familiar

Chaos Sorcerer- 190 pts
-MoT, Lvl 2, 2 scrolls

5 Warhounds- 30 pts

5 Warhounds- 30 pts

12 Chaos Warriors- 240 pts
-MoK, ADH, SB, Musician

12 Chaos Warriors- 260 pts
-MoN, Shields, SB- Rapturous Standard, Musician

24 Marauders-166 pts
(Sorcerer Hero here)
-MoS, LA, shields, Musician, SB

5 Marauder Horsemen- 90 pts
-MoS, Flails, LA

5 Marauder Horsemen- 90 pts
-MoS, Flails, LA

5 Chaos Knights- 260 pts
-MoK, SB, Musician

5 Chaos Knights- 260 pts
-MoN, SB, Musician

TOTAL: 1991 pts

Any comments and opinions on this new set-up would be greatly appreciated. Though I have been suffering from a horrendous case of poor dice rolling (and my opponents getting a little TOO lucky :mad:), I feel this list could be somewhat stronger.

Thanks again!