PDA

View Full Version : Army For Grudge Match

Nicha11
04-02-2009, 04:56
This is not a bandwagon list, this is designed to win me a grudge match against a tough opponent.
My enemy will be fielding dwarves, a semi gunline but with a few combat troops.

My list will be as follows, its not quite set in stone though and any helpful advice will be much appreciated.

Characters

Slann, +1pd, Regenerate, Re Roll miscast, BSB, Sun Standard, Plaque of Tepok, War Drum
total 485pts

Skink Priest, lv2 , x2 Power Stones
total 140pts

Skink Priest, lv2 , x2 Power Stones
total 140pts

Scar Vet, Cold One Hide, Great Weapon
total 141pts

Core

20 Saurus, Spears, Full command
total 270pts

10 Skink Skirmishers
70pts

10 Skink Skirmishers
70pts

Special

26 Temple Guard, Full Command
451pts

Rare

3 Razordons
225pts

Army Total 1992pts

The Slann will advance witht the temple Guard, The scar vet will join one of the Saurus blocks and the Skinks will chill with skirmishers.

Gork or Possibly Mork
04-02-2009, 06:36
What Lore are you taking on your slann? Metal perhaps? I would probably drop the terror I don't think it will be of much use against the high ld of dwarves. maybe lower the templeguard a little with the points you save with dropping the terror and a few templeguard you can get another skink unit.

The wardrums is a good idea for the skinks but kind of wasted for the always march ability unless your opponent has an anvil, gyrocopter or miners.

You might wan't to give tepok to one of your skink's instead. and give the slann knows all spells. ( if you can find the points ) because if you roll bad spells for the skink priests 2 power stones on both is kind of a wasted.

Your list looks pretty solid good luck.

Nicha11
04-02-2009, 07:11
What Lore are you taking on your slann? Metal perhaps? I would probably drop the terror I don't think it will be of much use against the high ld of dwarves. maybe lower the templeguard a little with the points you save with dropping the terror and a few templeguard you can get another skink unit.

The wardrums is a good idea for the skinks but kind of wasted for the always march ability unless your opponent has an anvil, gyrocopter or miners.

You might wan't to give tepok to one of your skink's instead. and give the slann knows all spells. ( if you can find the points ) because if you roll bad spells for the skink priests 2 power stones on both is kind of a wasted.

I'm thinking of taking Shadows for the Slann, Unseen Lurker is a *****
I'm taking the Terror for the Slann because i will almost always win combat, but breaking could be difficult.

The Wadrums are so my two Priest's don't go running off the table:D

And even if my Skinks roll comet, Power Stones are excellent ways of getting harder spells off.

Your list looks pretty solid good luck.

Why Thank You:)

Gork or Possibly Mork
04-02-2009, 08:00
For Terror are you trying to do outnumbered by Fear causer=auto-break? I don't think you can do that. AFAIK you would only count the Slann's US as a fear causer not the whole unit. Im not real sure on that, but I thought the whole unit had to cause fear for that to work.

You could cast shades of death on the unit if Im right about the above rule.

I like that your main units are big. You will need it against dwarves. Celestial shield will help minimize casualties. Comet will force them to come to you.

Nicha11
04-02-2009, 08:06
For Terror are you trying to do outnumbered by Fear causer=auto-break? I don't think you can do that. AFAIK you would only count the Slann's US as a fear causer not the whole unit. Im not real sure on that, but I thought the whole unit had to cause fear for that to work.

You could cast shades of death on the unit if Im right about the above rule.

You could be right, very well i'll swap the terror discipline for the regenerate one (for the artillery, i didn't go Ethereal because he is often firing magic shots).

Nicha11
04-02-2009, 19:39
Anyone else have anything to add?

Khaos
04-02-2009, 19:46
if your slaan is going into the temple guard unit, why are you bothering with regen/ethereal or any of that? he cant be targetted and doesnt count as a large target except when he's casting. he's perfectly safe in that second rank. those points would best be spent elsewhere(such as getting the entire lore and giving the plaque of tepok to a priest)

Nicha11
04-02-2009, 19:56
You are probably right:(

Lotl Botl
05-02-2009, 02:54
solid list but blocks of realtivley slow expensive blocks of troops don't seem to do to well against gun-lines, i could potentially see the majority of your army be trashed before you get close, and dwarf magic defense can be pretty nasty so it actually seems your list is not desighned at all to deal with a dwarf gunline, which it seems is your goal
enlighten me :p

Nicha11
05-02-2009, 03:40
All Heavens, hopefully target two comets onto their lines. Celestial Shield the TG and maybe the Saurus.
Then march foward and kill stuff.

Lotl Botl
06-02-2009, 01:49
those commets are gonna get dispelld so fast an with celestial shield and comet both being RiP spells you kinda have a issue maintaing the shields and actually getting off a comet, and if he gets first turn you cant cast your shield
and dont get me wrong, not saying this isn't a solid list, just saying it doesnt seem well desighned to taking on gun-lines, in particular dwarfs (magic defense)